Definitive Veeky Forums top 100. Why haven't you read everything on here yet?

Definitive Veeky Forums top 100. Why haven't you read everything on here yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/lit/thread/S9554473
warosu.org/lit/thread/S9543923
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fake chart. Fake news.

go back to r/books

Stop promoting a chart that isn't the result of actual voting procedures and fails to reflect Veeky Forums.

I wouldn't have a problem with a fake chart if it had actual good books on it

the fact that you care so much is just gonna make more people promote it

is this your first month on Veeky Forums or something newfriend?

yes yes im sure you'd support this chart if yit had harry potter (books 2, 3, 4, 7), the complete murakami, and some ready player one + GRRM.

>what is lyrical poetry

>being this defensive over your shitty ching chong genre fiction
Fuck off sheep. Read Story of the Stone or something of actual value instead of your chinese anime books.

that's true op, you are here again.

If we're counting the Complete Works as its own title, then I'd say it should be put above Ulysses, and so should the Bible. I'd also add the Quran for literary reasons.

Every time someone makes this thread, they accuse everyone who reminds them that this chart is fake, or has no vote counts, as being a discordfag. What is discord? I only come on Veeky Forums for Veeky Forums to discuss stuff, so what is it? Is it an app?

Fake chart with random shit polluting it. You're just here to shitpost like you were yesterday, aren't you?

>mfw people on here have less of a life than I do

Agreed. Why would you add the Quran? Hasn't it had relatively little impact on literature? All I can think of is the Muslim poets, Arabian Nights, and Dune.

A chat service. They get bans for advertising their server outright so they resort to this sort of spam instead.

Ah ok, thanks.

I don't get it. Why would they want to advertise their server? And what on earth does that have to do with them saying that a chart is fake? Like, what's the connection between the two?

The person who posts the fake is from that server.

That I would get, but is accusing all the people calling out the fake of being discordfags. The thread yesterday had the same thing, a bunch of people called out that the chart had nothing to do with the final tally of votes, and other people started calling them discordfags.

IDK, I just come to Veeky Forums to discuss books, and occasionally get surprised by a chart that covers stuff well (like historical Chinese lit, etc)

It's just that person from discord trying to confuse people like you into thinking there's something to see there. He made the fake. Don't bother.

literally no one wants to talk about discord stfu

anywau it's a good chart

someone made a poll and some discord server organized a ballot stuffing campaign. pollster removed their votes so now they monitor Veeky Forums threads that mention the chart and call it fake

it's really boring "drama"

>the Muslim poets
Pretty improtant, then. It also influenced magic realism in a way I think.

ops list seems a little reddit to me, can one be sure it's authentic? Suttree above Proust?

no one here has read proust

>smugpaypay.png

for you

>lonesome dove

Literally who the fuck reads lonesome dove. That's like seeing a Michener book on here or some shit

>3, 16, 38
Overrated.
>5, 33, 42
Trash.

>77
God, I feel stupid for even pretending to take this shit seriously.

Totally agree. Ulysses is an elite work, but it's crazy to think it's better than ALL of what Shakespeare wrote. Tbh King Lear or Hamlet alone beats out Ulysses.

Also agree with that the Quran should be added, even if you disagree with its tenants. Though I would argue that Arabian Nights is superior to all Islamic (or even Arabian) literature.

>Hamlet
It's okay to enjoy it in HS and it's a decent work but no way near King Lear or Tempest or even Midsummer Night's Dream.

>the discordfag's pathetic attempt to change the "narrative" of the chart
You made a fraud, people saw through it, and that's the end of it. People aren't going to forget if you keep spamming this chart, they're just going to keep remembering.

u wot m8

only pseuds call it story of the stone

fucking pseud

autism

>Tempest or even Midsummer Night's Dream.
easy reads

>someone made a poll and some discord server organized a ballot stuffing campaign
because they were mad about OP's fake having been outed
this is the poll you're talking about
warosu.org/lit/thread/S9554473
OP's fake was released before that
warosu.org/lit/thread/S9543923
now stop shilling and go read a book

Making a great story an easy read only further proves the mastery of the author.

Finnengans Wake isn't an easy read. Any story translated into a language you barely speak won't be an easy read. It won't help to raise the quality.

the messages aren't exactly profound. they are very entertaining stories, however.

Well, these are screenplays for an audience that was mostly illiterate. It obviously limits your room for messages but the ones available are still important and universal, and as you said, they are presented by entertaining (and well written) stories. Sounds decent enough.

In comparison, Ulysses is just Joyce jerking off to his own genius.

this list is a top 100 of our favorite books, not necessarily what we think are the best books. the fact i have to explain this shit only means you're a summerfag.

O U T

but what a genius he was

low quality b8

>not a single book past 2010
>literally only 3/100 in the 2000's

Seriously why the fuck should I bother with these old fucking books? I'm not here to try and prove my literary genius like the rest of you clowns(pro tip:you are all fucking retarded and reading these books isn't going to make you smart) Let me know when you can give me a list of modern books. You aren't cool because you read old books.

>No Lolita
Every time.

my mom says im cool

>trusting women
>2017

>complete works
Isn't that cheating?

LotR is on the real chart too brah.

not if it's all in one volume

Fuck off.