African Philosophy

Anyone with a guide to African philosophy. Trying to broaden my horizon.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y1lEPQYQk8s
plato.stanford.edu/entries/africana/#AfriPhil
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I am sick and tired of this. Every day I come to Veeky Forums, and every day there is at least one thread up with an OP image of an attractive woman dressed scantily and posing seductively. It's probably the same one or two people who do it honestly. Let me tell you something, you faggot pieces of shit who are doing this: you are the poster child for everything that is wrong in literature, art, and society as a whole today. You are incapable of coming up with anything creative, thought provoking, or of substance, and you lack even the smallest modicum of intelligence, so you use "style" and "flash" and pizazz in place of it and to draw attention to yourself, because that's the only way your SHIT "creation" and ideas would ever get seen by anyone. And before you say anything, this has NOTHING to do with the fact that I don't have a girlfriend. Anyway, I will be petitioning the owner of this website to ban your asses, so enjoy being able to post here while it lasts, because it's not going to last long, just like you that one time you convinced an obese girl to let you fuck her.

holy shit when i see a gorgeous black girl like that i get so aroused, want to fuck her, marry her, have a bunch of kids, fuck, white chicks and asians are hot but they just don't move me like that, was it the sneaky juifs who have tricked me into race mixing my aryan genes with african kweenz? well, shalom to (((u))) then mother fuckers

I'm interested too. I've already read a stanford article, plato.edu, that discussed African sages. I would like to read contemporary stuff, and preferably overviews instead of reading a single author.
Go shit up the board with pasta's you can't come up with yourself elsewhere.

More pictures of beautiful negresses.

WE

WUZ
INSECURE
SO
WE
MAKE
FUN
OF
OTHERS
IN
OUR
MOMS
BASEMENTS
AND
FAP
TO
ANIME
COZ
GIRLS
BESIDES
OUR
MOM'S
DON'T
WANNA
TOUCH
OUR
MICRO PEnis

There was an user passing through with a specific request a few months ago that offered his archive of African philosophy as a "thank you" but /pol/ did it's usual autistic screeching and he left before I could snag that sweet African juju.
If you're serious, just check university curriculums if you're baiting then enjoy your stay

i'm more interested in traditional african religions, philosophy is fucking gay, plato has preserved enough antique strawmen for all of mankind, i wanna know about the old gods

WUZ

Don't know if it helps but there's Nyami Nyami an old river god from Zimbabwe. I find the lore behind it pretty cool.

He's like a water dragon basically

Considering the fact that Africa is a continent and not a country that's kind of a tall order.
I would go to your local college's library, I know mine has a ton of that shit specific to various countries and continents

PHILOSOPHER KANGZ AN SHIT

thank god hbo is having marlon james write the script for a future african lord of the rings / game of thrones thing, and not tanahesi coates, shit has potential to be dank af, needs to be done right

OP you were liiterally better off doing a google search than asking anything of this board that isnt Nick Land or John Green

Yes, please give me a moment to look up a link to the fountainhead of African philosophy (which was luckily recently digitized by Project Gutenberg from the collection of the Library of Vienna), an annotated copy translated from the intermediary Arabic of the ancient manuscript "The First Metaphysical Principles of Killing a Mother Fucker for Eying Your Bitch's Ass" by the esteemed Nubian ontologist Tyronnius Kangus in first edition revised by Saint Augustine. It is truly an enlightening thought experiment in the format of a Socratic dialogue that has served to underpin much of African thought since it was written, and scholars are currently debating just how much of an influence on Neoplatonism the work might have had. Truly fascinating material.

well ok but there must be some overlap between regions like ancient europe had greco-roman shit in the south and germanic shit in the north, surely the old cultures were larger like that, it's like all these fake countries with borders drawn by imperialists 150 years ago have anything to do with classical africa

>classical africa
wew

>WUZ
>INSECURE
we wuzism is a form of insecurity. It's black people appropriating the achievements of other races in order to feel better about themselves.

we wuzism isn't any worse than white anime fags reading evola and imagining that they are "aristocrats of the soul" fuck outta here peasant

That's true. Check out The Lost Libraries of Timbuktu for some interesting shit, idk if you can read any of that stuff though.
HBO already jumped on that? It's James' book series, so it follows that the show would be by him too but I didn't know it would be a TV series

As if whites dont do that enough with considering even Spainiards "white" if it suits their self-aggrandizing narrative.

what it all comes down to is people trying to feel good about themselves over things they themselves didnt acheive. foolishness.

>HBO already jumped on that? It's James' book series, so it follows that the show would be by him too but I didn't know it would be a TV series

they're going a seven killing miniseries right now, but i think the endgame is for the black lord of the rings thing to be a series too

race is a social myth

>tfw no black goddess gf
Why do I bother living?

i did a class on islamic african in college and it kind of sucked, i'm like this isn't really any different than imperialist europeans going into african and teaching french and enlightenment values to the natives, like ok it's in subsuharan africa but it's all arabic culture, although there was one story about a kang who converted to islam and went on the hajj and brought so much gold through egypt that it caused inflation and distorted prices for generations, supposedly

When did Spaniards stop being white? Pic related looks white to me.

They look English

Shakespeare

when poltards talk about white they mean your standard issue anglo-saxon, everyone else gets lumped in whenever convenient

Evola was a mystic who made esoteric religious and philosophical claims. You can't really compare him to any sort of race-based historical revisionist movement (whether white or black). He's a bad counter example. A better example would be the losers who LARP as Nazis and unironically make 18th-century anthropology arguments about Aryan Indo-Europeans building everything.

Who cares what /pol/sters think. They're retards.

They're basque I think. Northern Spaniards are white Celts, while the Southerners are darker and more mixed.

"Which leads me to add one Remark: That the Number of purely white People in the World is proportionably very small. All Africa is black or tawny. Asia chiefly tawny. America (exclusive of the new Comers) wholly so. And in Europe, the Spaniards, Italians, French, Russians and Swedes, are generally of what we call a swarthy Complexion; as are the Germans also, the Saxons only excepted, who with the English, make the principal Body of White People on the Face of the Earth. I could wish their Numbers were increased. And while we are, as I may call it, Scouring our Planet, by clearing America of Woods, and so making this Side of our Globe reflect a brighter Light to the Eyes of Inhabitants in Mars or Venus, why should we in the Sight of Superior Beings, darken its People? why increase the Sons of Africa, by Planting them in America, where we have so fair an Opportunity, by excluding all Blacks and Tawneys, of increasing the lovely White and Red? But perhaps I am partial to the Complexion of my Country, for such Kind of Partiality is natural to Mankind."

Why are Anglos like this?
Is it the incest?

>of increasing the lovely White and Red?
Franklin thought that Native Americans were racially superior to the "swarthy" Swedes. What a guy.

I'd also take this with a huge pillar of salt, given that Franklin was obsessed with the "swarthy" French, and that he was basically just making anti-slavery argument.

QRD of African philosophy:
>kings sell your own people to white people
>kings sell all of your natural resources to white people
>have no resources or skilled people, but a ton of gold
>the white people you gave resources and skilled workers to now just take all your gold
>sew women's vagina shut, decapitate your own people, be the worst shit hole on the planet

>pre-colonial sub saharan groids
>anything besides mudhuts

>Tawny

love these antique racial insults, i'm gonna have to start using that

>Evola was a mystic who made esoteric religious and philosophical claims.

the people who read him all think they would be european aristrocrats if the french revolution and ww1 and everything in between could only be rolled back, except that we can document who all the descendants of european aristocracy are, and evola kids ain't them

yeah i couldn't help but feel that kang basically got spooked out of his gold by some tricky levantine merchants

If anyone reads him in order to justify their own feelings of superiority, they're retards. We do have aristocrats in our current society, and they're not people who spend any time on Veeky Forums.

I agree it's insecurity but I always thought it was about the notion that white people ruined Africa. Admittedly European imperialism was incredibly detrimental but every African, regardless of nation, was not considered a king.

The whole concept of royalty is that some people are more divinely superior to others. I'm black and I always found this ridiculous when teachers and mentors growing up would say that "we were Kings over in Africa. Like, really, all of us? That doesn't make sense.

>We do have aristocrats in our current society, and they're not people who spend any time on Veeky Forums.

so true *sobbing emoji*

Exactly lol, when it comes to royalty someone's always getting fucked in the ass. I think they just say that shit to make us feel good, but its a poor set up.

as a white i had the same feeling reading about ancient europe, i'm like yeah all the stuff these patrician dudes and philosophers and shit were doing was rad but considering my dad works in a factory now chances are i would just be working in a field on the outskirts of rome or byzantium and maybe going to watch a tragedy once and while, since everything on Veeky Forums is archived for eternity on warusu or whatever, let me just say to future americans reading this in 1000 years, don't do some "we wuz startup ceos n shit" cuz no, we weren't. that's like a couple hundred people out of 300 million

Haha, African Philosophy?

They've been living in mud huts since before recorded history and still do to this day.

Unless you're looking for a compendium on earth to dirty water mixture ratios then good luck with your Rich African Philosophy.

wew lib

I was wondering how far we'd get into this before you showed up.

As someone in this thread already pointed out, not that you bothered to read, African Kings foolishly traded away it's resources and skilled labor. That's why the continent is screwed. Not because there weren't people capable of thought.

Did you think Africa was always like this? Go read some books. You are in Veeky Forums after all.

Philosophy is racist, that's why WE don't have philosophers, which explain why they live in a paradise in Africa.

pretty nice feets for a black girl

does this count

look up amos tutuola. my life in the bush of ghosts and so on

Black skin and bodies are beautiful, it's the face and hair that are the problems

>face and hair that are the problems
no shit

plebs desu

YES

Fuck, I want to lick those feet.

no way man, you don't get it, when the girl's dark eyes match her skin it's magical, i already had my bi-weekly fap this morning, gotta bail out on his thread before i end up rock hard

Africa has always been a shithole.

The only time it wasn't a shithole was when it was colonised, ergo Rhodesia.

The blacks wanted it back.

Now look what happened to it.

It has nothing to do with foolish kangs. Blacks are content in their shit mud huts, spending everything they earn on jewellery and alcohol whilst forever relying on foreign gibsmedats.

I find it astonishing that Veeky Forums being a board that is 'so well read' is so blue pilled, then again most successful authors are either jews or bought into the jew and will forever spew whatever bullshit evades fact and reinforces multiculturalism.

I licked a black girl's feet once

>I'm black and didn't understand what teachers said to me
Colour me surprised

WE

worst strawman i have ever heard in regards to evola i assume you are some lefty brainlet who hasn't even read the man

>fuck bitches
>get money

Kant can't even...

>african philosophy

lol

Warlordism
look up general buttnaked for more info

>Africa has always been a shithole.

Except that this isn't fucking true at all and any book on the continent can tell you this. It's a shit hole now but that was not always the case. Stop peddling your bullshit and read a fucking history book.

start with the maliki school, it'll give you a basis in most all humanities and a political background in some of the current major world conflicts.

>I didn't understand what they were saying when they made a statement that could not possibly be true.

Are you retarded?

>I licked a black girl's feet once
I licked a black girls penis once...oh

I'm not him, but from what I've read some African kingdoms achieved a level of development that was perhaps equivalent to that of Europe in the early Middle Ages. We all know what life was like in the early Middle Ages: Nasty, brutish, and short. Life as a primitive tribal was even worse.

Have you ever heard of the Mfecane?

I'll save you the time.
TL;DR of Kang philosophy
Whitey stole everything from us
we wuz and ares victims of whitey even todays

Post slavery trade religions imported from Africa: Obeah, Vodou, Santeria, Palo, Hoodoo

Weird incidences of the Jews are everywhere included subSaharan Africa:
Igbo Jews, Beta Israel, Abayudaya

Original religions of the transported religions
>Obeah
Odinani is the current religion but Obeah is used to refer to sorcery on both sides of the Atlantic
>Vodou
Yoruba, Kongo religions (mixed with Native American Taino beliefs, and Roman Catholicism) West African Vodun is still practised by the Fon and Ewe people.
>Hoodoo
Much closer to the Ewe religion and American Christianity
>Palo
Much closer to Kongo religion
>Santeria
Much closer to Catholicism and Yoruba

If you want really old gods: the San people

then hopefully doctors stop giving different heart medicine to blacks and more of them can die off

WE WERE KINGS

no you weren't, you're american and white, which means the chances of your blood ever relating back to a noble line has its best chances in you failing the one drop rule
>daily reminder Dickens commented the white southern children only had manners because their black nannies came from a good class background

Holy shit, how the fuck do you people not just accept the fact that evolution has led to different traits in human groups? This "discovery" should not lead you to racism, as you like to say "There is more variation within groups than between them." Which is a true statement. Do you honestly think the entire continent of Africa below the Sahara sucked dick for millennia, even the ones that never got colonized, because of shitty business practices? Do you think Haiti, built 3 times for the blacks, has gone to shit because their kings made bad decisions? Do you think South Africa and Rhodesia and the Ivory Coast went from respectable countries to failed states because they got more racist when the white people left? My fucking god you people are more ignorant than the retards on /pol/.

That being said, there really isn't any African philosophy before the Arabs arrived, and most of it will be Islamic philosophy. I think someone suggested the Lost Libraries of Timbuktu earlier in the thread.

I'm related to the video game character D. Nukem who was a king. So, user, that means that I'm blue-blooded, which you'd clearly see if you looked at my massive, throbbing veins. Ever heard of Duke Nukem? He ruled not too long ago, but I forget the details, and anyway, Nukem's my great uncle or something. My dad showed me a picture of him as a child being held by Nukem; he stores it in his attic. I'd get the picture and scan it, but my dad lives in another state from me. Maybe I can call my dad tomorrow about it for more information.

Duke Nukem was pretty boss, you alright, man.

Yes it has. Read some precolonial traveler's accounts. Even the kingdoms famed for being examples of black civilization were absolute jokes at anything besides forcing alot of people to pay taxes to them.

>Even the kingdoms famed for being examples of black civilization were absolute jokes at anything besides forcing alot of people to pay taxes to them.
Isn't that basically Roman Britain though?

>Not people who weren't capable of thought
>Traded away all their labor and resources for short term gain

Kang logic

Ethiopia had philosophers, but I believe the most influential sub saharan african philosophers come from west africa as many slaves come from there and they brought their worldviews over to the americas.

Has anyone read this (pic related)?

I'm very interested in what an African philosopher would have to say about this topic.

kek

goddamn this lib smugness
kek

accept? Genetic research has given enough ammo to say that the differences are minimal, and you can't categorize by race(which is a social construct, and the most broad stroked thing you could pick), rather, by populations and yes to your relief probably I can say that there are people groups that are generally less intelligent than others, but the genes that drive intelligence spread very quickly so these people are usually very isolated or inbred

Pretty good summary of black people.

This

If you're interested in an overview for the layperson (I count myself as such), John S. Mbiti has a book I enjoyed. He discusses eschatology, ancestor reverence, and the philosophy of time across Bantu cultures.

Just because differences are minimal does not mean they do not exist. Human races are a social construct just like dog breeds are a social construct. Would you like to explain our skin color, our propensity towards different genetic diseases, differences in height, differences in skin color, differences in average bone density, differences in average eyesight, differences in fertility rates, differences in twin birth rates, differences in gestation periods, etc, etc, etc. Do you really think that over 40,000 years of being separated that our brains evolved the exact same way? That is like throwing 50 dice at a wall and having them come up 6 every time. Of course there is no such thing as a pure race, because there is not enough genetic difference between them, but that would be the same reasoning to say that dogs breeds are not real. Honestly, do you think evolution just stopped at the neck? Also, what proof do you have the average iq is not different? From all the studies we have done from all over the world in the past 8 decades, blacks have always had an average iq 1-2 standard deviations less, depending on where they are.
If IQ tests and SATS only measure how well a person can take an IQ or SAT test then you would expect these scores to under predict how well blacks will do in school. THEY DO NOT. They almost perfectly predict academic performance.
I'm sorry dude, but you need to leave fantasy land. I know reality is a harsh playground, but your ideology of racial egalitarianism is just that- an ideology.
Maybe this will help.
youtube.com/watch?v=Y1lEPQYQk8s

>African philosophy

>Human races are a social construct just like dog breeds are a social construct.
Except differences between human groups aren't as sharp as dfferences between dog breeds, dog breeds have way less interbreeding than human races, you can't seriously hope to make an analogy using this .
>Do you really think that over 40,000 years of being separated
>Over 40,000 years of being separated.
Thanks for proving you don't know anything about human history, m8.
>They almost perfectly predict academic performance.
It has been proven that sociocultural background and school enviroment are way more important factors when it comes to school performance than whatever biological factors you can come up with other than literal retardation.
>Lists skin colour twice.
So this is the power of /pol/.

>Muh forbidden knowledge
This is always the ultimate weapon /pol/tards use whenever they can't prove their shitty arguments "nuh uh you're just disagreeing with me because I go against social standards and political correctness" it's not, everyone disagrees with you because your statements are plainly retarded in the eyes anyone with a decent background on history and genetics, you look just like those flat earthers who think they're enlightened far beyond everyone else and hold a higher truth that they deny because they can't handle it.

What about checking what's in this list?
plato.stanford.edu/entries/africana/#AfriPhil

The /pol/ish man has a point. If we were talking about sparrows or sparrowhawks this wouldn't even be an issue.

The difference is that /pol/acks try to force their narrative of "I'm better than them" with no backing in reality whatsoever and fail to provide any kind of scientific backing to their claims. Also, it's obviously a whole different problem since we're dealing with human beings here, not gay birds.

Phuggin phrenologists.

Even if they did produce some scientific evidence to corroborate their claims liberals would just reject it out of hand. The whole debate is really tendentious.

I never said I was better than them. I even argued against racism in my first post by saying That genetic variation is greater within populations than between. And I have not failed to provide scientific backing for my claims, all of these things are easy to look up and verified through countless studies. You think just because I am aware of racial differences that I am a racist and a white supremacist. You sir, are just a bigot.
And you, I didn't name the fucking podcast, nor do people who make the same claims as I do, such as Sam Harris, Richard Dawkins, Phillipe Rushton, or even James Watson have no understanding of genetics and human history. I would say they have a good amount of it actually.
I am not even a "/pol/tard" as you say it, but you are just as bad as them calling everyone with a dissenting opinion a shill.

>Sam Harris, Richard Dawkins, Phillipe Rushton
kill yourself fucking pseud

I am not a pseud, because I never claimed to be an intellectual. I am giving the names multiple renowned scientists who express the same view that the races are not exactly the same. All you are doing is ad hom.

he's calling you a pseud because most of that list make claims outside their specialist subject, and where it's not outside their subject, it's pretty facile.

if you're actually interested in races, colour isn't the way to go. finland, meme machine that it is, is so inbred that sweden and all other pale people are probably more related to arabs than finland is to other groups.

IQ tests are also fucked. most of the gains over the past thirty years are shit you can teach a literal monkey powering the flynn effect, which could indicate that we're not getting smarter but we're actually regressing in the zones like linguisitics and abstract memory. there's much better evidence and outcomes from research into genetic resistance and predisposition in medicine than you'll find in psychology/psychiatry. (ffs, western psychiatry is still trying to work out why all the schizophrenics it treats get worse than every other schizophrenic in the world, because it's one of the great puzzles of "modern" psychology. they want to blame society, but it could just be psychiatrists are really shitty at science)