User, why did you fell for the analytical meme? My book isn't even that hard

>user, why did you fell for the analytical meme? My book isn't even that hard
How do you respond?

Nazi drumpf supporter

He did it so he could keep teaching philosophy to young german lads
Stop pretending that the nazis were the most brutal people in history, the united states alone is worst. And do not make me start with britbongs

Wittgenstein is sort of like your analytical double with arguably more engagement than even you. Leave science alone. It's been really good.

Actually, sir, I'm still on the Greeks, sir, haven't yet made it to the continental-analytic divide, sir.

Science is Ok, just dont forget about your being, alright?

the whole point is to leave science alone. but what's more important is that science leave ethics, epistemology, politics, and aesthetics alone

Have you read your Parmenides yet, user?
I hope you know you have to study Aristotle for about 10 years before moving on to modern thinkers
Have a nice day

Unless you read philosophy 4+ hours a day stop with the greeks. It will take you too long to reach the exciting stuff. You should start with Marx/Nietzsche desu.

Not that user. Unless what've read was biased he had other reasons to be a Nazi.
I don't think that means his books are not worth a read or something along those lines tho.

Fuck, is this true?

I really have trouble keeping all the stuff about Time in my head
Honestly, a lot of times Being and Time reads like schizo rambling, when I read each idea very slowly it makes sense, but then connecting them with each other is really messy
Probably I'm just a brainlet
I don't know if this is normal, but when the weird concepts get too abstract and complex, I start to "visualize" them. I literally see flashes of moving abstractions representing the concepts his describes in my head. For some reason I can't stop doing it, is kind of distracting

Nazis aren't that bad as far as political parties go. Some gas Jews. Some make bombs full of plague carrying fleas. Some burn down chinaman villages in Vietnam. Everyone makes mistakes and it's not like Heidegger personally gassed any Jews or anything.

He saw that they gave more importance to life than to machines
He quickly realized they were retards

I would even say that 15 years should be the minimum

I read brief overviews of the presocratics before reading through Plato's dialogues and now I'm on Aristotle. Tbh he's tough and I doubt my capacity to understand him but I plan to muscle through it anyway.

After Aristotle I'm gonna jump onto a few medievalists then read Descartes, Hume, Kant. Don't you need a pretty solid grasp of the history of philosophy to get anything out of Marx and Nietzsche?

Is there even that much material to keep 15 years on?

Material, no. Ideas? Yes

You can honestly wrap most of the history of philosophy by reading a good thorough history of philosophy or two. You can go back to Hume and Descartes anytime (I especially like Hume, he seemed like a cool guy), but Kant is where you really need to start reading.

He was pretty much a proto-hippie
>dude like, nature is so much better than machines, I like it organic
>dud did I ever told you I wrote Being and Time after a really crazy shrooms trip? It changed my life, mane, I was just like "woah, so this is the power of being... Is that time!? Woaaaaa far out dude"
>I kinda dislike jews btw

>I don't know if this is normal, but when the weird concepts get too abstract and complex, I start to "visualize" them
Being and Time is a book about everyday life. instead of focusing on abstractions try to connect the phenomena Heidegger describes to how your perception of the everyday world operates. everything he's describing in B&T are things you're already familiar with

Makes sense
Will keep it in mind now, thanks
I'm prone to make things more complicated that they are

Probably true, but for me much of the appeal in this undertaking is in the process rather than the destination, the becoming rather than being. Working through the individual texts elongates the process, leaving me in a position where there's always something to read.

There'll always be something to read, my man, but everyone's got a method.

In fact, Heidegger was the original sjw.

In the light of history, sure, prosecution of groups the state sees as threatening to its existence isn't uncommon. It reminds me of the fate of Manichaeism. And I don't think we've seen the end of it. But I still find Nazi Germany one of the more repulsive ones.
But this is true from what've read and remember, that is, he supported the Nazi movement for some of his ideas, but didn't like how it turned out, though neither did he distance himself from it all.

But, again, I do not think that is a reason to not read his work. I reacted to the first post.