What's the comfiest soup to eat when it's cold and snowy outside?

What's the comfiest soup to eat when it's cold and snowy outside?

Other urls found in this thread:

damndelicious.net/2016/04/08/chicken-tortellini-soup/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Butternut squash and chilli.

Hot chocolate soup prepared with milk instead of water

Split pea with smokey sausage

c l a m c h o w d e r

What does the weather matter? You're in a temperature-controlled environment. Eat whatever soup you like, it doesn't fucking matter.

>t. Soup Nihilist

This
It isn't the 18 hundreds anymore you fucking retard you can eat whatever soup you want especially considering we have this this thing called (gasp) air
conditioning
This post is as dumb as a stupid fucking Nostalgia Fred's that would really help me nothing considering we're just tiny sacs of atoms on a tiny Speck of dust in the gigantic universe

I'd go with this, or a nice ham and potato chowder (clam is alright, but I like ham better, sue me).

Ignore these two, , you can tell they are not comfy, in any way.

>it doesn't fucking matter.
it doesn't fucking matter.
>it doesn't fucking matter.

this might sound nihilistical but in a way, if you fully embrace it, there is some mental freedom and reduced mental weight that can be experienced.

i almost got into a fight today with some spicnigger over something meaningless, but glad i didn't escalate because i'd be sitting in a jail cell right now instead of being comfy and shitposting at home. basically, none of this matters, and you should just do whatever will benefit you most given that fact. you create your own reality and you choose the contents of your thoughts. if someone else wants to fuck with you, it's your choice to go forward with that or say to yourself it's not worth it, so walk away, which is what i did.

having a soup when it's cold outside, or inside, is always a pleasant thing to do, whether or not it's temp-controlled in your domicile. we actually don't run the heat because we live in socal and only weak pieces of shit would need to turn on heat here.

anyway, my answers:
beef stew with lots of winter veggies, peas, carrots
chicken noodle soup
chicken rice soup
extra spicy chili

Creamy potato soup with ham hock or chopped bacon. Literally just chicken stock, diced potatoes, puréed potato, heavy cream, mirepoix, and ham/bacon cooked low and slow. Only seasoning it needs is salt, lots of black pepper, a little paprika, and sage. Garlic optional teabeeH.

Chicken and rice

Say it properly

Please don't mention seafood. It only reminds me that I'm single.

I like this. damndelicious.net/2016/04/08/chicken-tortellini-soup/

Careful you don't cut yourself.

Completely wrong, weather does matter.

Wasteful fucks getting cucked by the heating jews. What, not content to throw on a pot of borsch and put on another blanket?

Minestrone

chicken soup with egg noodles, herbs and plenty black pepper

how does a toaster run video games?

Spend time on the other boards.

Pea or lentil soup

lasagne

barszcz/borscht

split pea or beef stew

French onion soup with a big ass Grimace cup full of apple mead.

piss soup with poop particles XD

Smoked ham hock and white bean soup. Onion, celery, carrot, garlic, cayenne pepper, soaked dry white beans, and a couple smoked ham hocks simmered for 3-4 hours in a stock or water and eaten with a crusty sourdough.

Peanut Butter dessert soup.

>not tomato basil with some nice mini-grilled cheeses for dapping

nongshim bowl

Isn't that more of a bisque

Some crackers for that would complete it

they are full with ... stuff

I like me some beef stew with barley

Look up Sambar. It's a mildly spicy lentil and vegetable soup. Best part is you can use almost any vegetable or savory fruit.

snert

Beef Bourguignon

not shitty image

i made this for the soup of the day at work a lot, the servers usualy scooped up the leftovers and took it home, vvery big hit and your right, total party clearer veg wise(and you can make the masala/podi for it ahead so it can come toethor so quick)

That's not soup, that's a damn stew.

Chicken tortilla soups mi amigos

ok so add some fucking water to it

It would still be really comfy

Any chance I could trouble you for a recipe?

Shao-dair

Potato soup. Make sure it has chives in it.

m i s o

Underrated post

Onion soup

you know that that pho dac biet make me proud

God tier. Staple of the mid west/flyover states in winter time. The official kid lunch after playing outside inna snow

>control+f cabbage 0 results
sad...

WTF is that ketchup on the grilled cheese sandwich plate doing there?!!?

My own guilty pleasure favorite soup is mountains of work. I pressure cook a whole chicken cut up, and make the tortilla soup I so much adore from the rich yellow stock. I strain the stock and simmer with onions, canned whole tomatoes, cubanelle pepper, garlic, cilantro, and chicken. I toast and soak 3 kinds of dried chilies, california, ancho and pasillas, and then tuck them into the blender with hot stock to make a chili slurry and stir that into the soup. Meanwhile, I pan fry strips of ancho chili for a hot topping, and with the rendered chili oil, I toss my strips of corn tortilla strips and bake until dry and golden. My soup is ladled over strips, topped with crema and lots of queso fresco and cotija, chicarrones(!) and fresh cilantro. (I don't like epazote). Lime wedges at the end, a good couple squeezed in, is key.

I copied this recipe from years of going to Mexico City restaurants, and it most closely mirrors the Sopa de Tortilla Azteca from VIPs (their version of Dennys), but my stock is better.

Farmer's soup. Tomato soup with veggies and meat.

this
make sure to make it thicc as fuck
a spoon has to be able to stay upright in that shit

>WTF is that ketchup on the grilled cheese sandwich plate doing there?!!?
Honestly it almost looks like it's there just for color.

I know I'm splitting hairs here, but I strongly prefere tomato soup + a quesadilla instead of grilled cheese.

inb4 a quesadilla is a mexican grilled cheese.

>not always just having stock on hand
also that sounds pretty easy to be desu my senpai

>I've never lived somewhere with shitty insulation/heating
I'd have to crank the thermostat to like 85 to make it 72 in my bedroom.

i love winter warmers for me im not into soups its more chunky stews big bits of meat and vegetables in a thick gravy

Well, I guess everybody is different, some of you are just faggots. Cant be helped.

I make a nice big pot of spicy shrimp soup.

>4 russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
>3 leeks
>3-4 cups of vegetable stock
>saute leeks in butter until soft and translucent, add 1 tbs of flour, 1 tbs chili powder, 1 tsp cayenne, 1 tbs curry powder, and 1/4 tsp old bay for a minute
>add vegetable stock and simmer until potatoes are soft
>mash lightly so it thickens or leave thin as you like
>add 2 bags of cooked extra small shrimp and 1/4 cup of heavy cream

It's good shit.

sichuan dan-dan noodle soup