Quick, give me a delicious, quick and simple tomato sauce recipe for pasta!

Quick, give me a delicious, quick and simple tomato sauce recipe for pasta!

Other urls found in this thread:

cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1015178-marcella-hazans-tomato-sauce
topsecretrecipes.com/little-caesars-crazy-sauce-copycat-recipe.html?category_id=108
epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/bucatini-with-butter-roasted-tomato-sauce-51198650
youtu.be/C30spvNvHIA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Buy a cheap tin of tinned tomatoes
Boil the shit out of them until they're thick
Voila, tomato sauce for pasta

Today I learned that Veeky Forums can't cook.

>fry minced garlic and (thin sliced chorizo/ capers & anchovies & olives/ nothing) in olive oil/ butter
>add a pinch of pepper flakes/ dried herbs or not
>fry a bit of tomato paste as well with it if you want
>add tin tomato, crush first if whole
>add a glug of red wine if you wan t
>simmer on low and thicken (put it in the oven in a dutch oven at 140c for hours with the lid slightly ajar if you have the time)
>add a bit of fish sauce for umami
>salt and pepper to taste
>fry meatballs brown, finish in sauce for 10-20 mins, or cut up sausage, fry brown, do that, or not.
>add some more fresh tin tomato to brighten it up a bit if you want and fresh basil if you have it

too much

there's too much stuff, why would you need so much stuff for sauce

That's not a stand-alone tomato sauce, not quick and lacks measures.

Put a placed carrot, half a bell pepper an onion (halfed) and a slice of celeryroot into a pan on medium (4 our of 9) heat. Don't touch it.
Wait of 10 minutes and turn everything over. Leave it be and wait another ten minutes and put everything into a blender cup.
Add a can of tomato passata and some minced cloves of garlic to the pan an wait another 10 minutes wihtout stirring. Blend everything. Put it back into the pan. Stirr. At pasta. Done.

>Adding fish sauce for umami when the tomato paste already does that
>'herbs' instead of listing the exact herbs and spices
>Ambiguous meatballs with no defining characteristics

Dumb.

OP, get some crushed tomatoes (canned is fine) and simmer them with some pork bones. Brown the bones first if you have time. While it cooks, add a spoonful of tomato paste, Italian seasoning, a bay leaf or two and some additional basil (basil is in Italian seasoning but you'll want more). Salt, pepper, let it cook for an hour. There's your basic but delicious pasta sauce base.

Bones are optional. For added flavor, get some hot sausage and add it to the sauce with some chili flakes.

>halfed
collapsed cranium wojak.jpg

Sorry. Non native Speaker and i'm studying swedish right now which fucks up my otheer Language Skills.

My sauce is always too acidic and I have to add some kind of broth to offset the taste.
I have also tried sugar but it eventually turns bitter.
What am I doing wrong, do I need to boil it longer and in a lower temp?

>tomato paste
>umami
Get your taste buds checked or read a book

more like saute it longer at a higher temp with some kind of fat like olive oil or butter. you want to caramelize the natural sugars in your tomato sauce if its too acidic.

Chop a half cup of onions to desired consistency and fry on medium in a bit of olive oil. Cook until transparent, add a can of diced tomatoes (and any veggies you'd like to use!) and a pinch of Italian seasoning (combination of rosemary, basil, savory) and add fresh pepper, a spoon of brown sugar, a spoon of balsamic vinegar and a hefty shake of garlic powder, or a finely diced clove of garlic if you're not lazy, and a tiny squeeze of anchovy paste. Reduce down most of the fluids and it's ready or until your veggies you've added are cooked to the desired level, and you can add your pasta right into it, ad dente if that's your thing. This is about as straightforward a guideline as I can give, since I don't know what veggies you do or don't like. This goes well with just about everything; olives, zucchini, peppers, mushrooms, capers, cheeses, fish, chicken, grilled meat, spinach, arugula, or whatever your heart desires.

Watered down Ragu

>I have to add some kind of broth
the broth is the actual sauce you fuck

This is a tomato sauce without meat, as you did not ask for a bolognese. A goood sauce needs much more and above all it needs time, but you asked for quick and easy.

Bottle of tomato paste
2 to 3 crushed garlic gloves
A carrot or two (depending on how sour you tomato paste is), finely cut
Pepper, Salt, maybe

Heat until boiling, then let simmer for an hour or two.

Optional : Fresh basilic and/or Oregano

Add Parmesan cheese when serving (DON'T put it in the sauce).

Try adding a carrot or two. Has a natural sweetener that does quite a good job in neutralizing the tomatoes acidity without getting your sauce sweet or bitter. Also give it time. The acidity will not be gone after 10 minutes. Another tip is, preparing you sauce the day before you need it.

>umami

Umami is the savory flavor, triggered mostly by proteins and glutamates, the latter being found in tomato paste (tomatoes in general but concentrated in paste)

Why is it that the people who type "read a book" always tend to be illiterate brainlets?

Yep, but why adding it by using fish sauce, when tomato already is a natural umami provider. Don't get it. The guy asked for a simple tomat sauce recipe. I think fish sauce gives a tomato sauce something I don't necessarely want.

It doesn't make it taste like fish. Try it one day. It adds a nice depth to the sauce.

i think if you're looking for quick this is hard to beat:
cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1015178-marcella-hazans-tomato-sauce

topsecretrecipes.com/little-caesars-crazy-sauce-copycat-recipe.html?category_id=108

I like using this copycat crazy sauce recipe for pasta. Its not the best, but it's really easy. I usually swap out whole peeled tomatoes for puree.

>fry up a little garlic in some olive oil in a pan
>fry it up just enough so that it turns golden, not brown
>toss in a can or two of unseasoned diced tomatoes
>let them heat up to a simmer
>let it reduce and crush any large chunk of tomatoes with the back end of a spoon
>pour in a splash of red wine (optional)
>add salt and pepper (type of pepper is up to you) to taste
>add a LITTLE sugar to taste
>make sure to TASTE IT as you season it
>toss in some chopped basil
>the amount of basil depends on you
>let it simmer until it has reduced to your desired levels of sauce thickness
Done, easy & simple.
Takes around 20 to 25 minutes to make.

Rotini Lasagna.

Tomato paste, french onion soup mix, ground beef, tabasco, one can of campbell's soup, ground fresh 4 corn pepper.

"meaty" weeknight vegan pasta sauce

1 8oz can tomato paste
1 onion medium any chopped
1 or 2 carrots chopped into small pieces
3 or 4 cloves garlic minced
1/2 tablespoon nice olive oil, I use basil infused
2 teaspoon italian seasoning herb blend
1/2 teaspoon dry basil sub some fresh basil leaves
1/4 teaspoon dry oregano
1/8-1/4 teaspoon red pepper flake (more if you want more heat)
1/2 tablespoon coconut sugar or real maple syrup
1 bay leaf
salt and pepper to taste
3 cups water + 1 veggie cube (they sell them cheaper than broth at local grocer, sub 3 cups veggie broth)
1/4 cup coarse bulgur wheat
1/2 cup cooked green or brown lentils (optional)

cook lentils in a pot 1/4 or 1/2 cup or use about 1/2 cup cooked lentils if already prepared

while lentils are cooking:
in a large pot medium heat saute onion and carrot with dash of salt and fresh pepper until onion is translucent about 4 minutes

add garlic and saute until it smells good, about 10-30 seconds

add 3 cups water, coconut sugar, veggie bouillon cube, tomato paste, italian seasoning, oregano, red pepper flake, bay leaf, basil, another dash of fresh ground pepper, bulgur wheat

bring to simmer, uncovered on low for 15 minutes then cover for another 15 minutes, taste and add salt if desired

stir in cooked lentils cover and keep warm, serve over spaghetti or another pasta of choice and some bread bonus: serve with a panko encrusted eggplant

stores in fridge 4 or 5 days or freeze it n sheeit makes a good weeknight pasta sauce and kids will eat this shit

Putting anchovies in tomato sauce to give it richness is a classic Italian technique, fish sauce is just the shortcut to that.

oh yeah, can of mushrooms as well, cottage cheese.

Sounds pretty comfy.

It's fucking delicious. I'll hit my mom up for the proper recipe. It's oniony lasagna you can eat out of a ceramic dish with lots of cheese.

tomato

salt

epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/bucatini-with-butter-roasted-tomato-sauce-51198650

>fine dice onion, celery, carrot in a 2:1:1 ratio
>thin slice 2 large cloves of garlic
>fry off in olive oil gently so that they just colour and soften
>1-2tbsp tomato paste, spread out in the pan and cook it off briefly
>add 1-2 tins of whole tomatoes depending on desired quantity
>crush tomatoes with spooon
>add fresh basil leaves, sliced or whole
>salt and pepper to taste
>2-3tbsp+ of a good drinking red if desired
>simmer until reduced and thickened

>measuring things

youtu.be/C30spvNvHIA

Fook me I almost fell out me chair, had the volume way up for some reason and that opening line was so loud.

Thanks for the heads up I was fucking using headphones real loud. Would have blown my eardrums with that

Gordon Flimsy

>Little squeeze of tomato puree
>Empties tube
>Adds garlic and onion at the same time in gigantic pieces
I know its supposed to be dad's cooking but that was too much. Also pretty sure that's salty as fuck