Tfw finished another chapter

>tfw finished another chapter

How about you, Veeky Forums? How's your writing coming?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=hSiS93UYNuc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

haven't written in two days, but good overall. I got three short stories that are publishable that I need to edit, finishing another. Working on sort of a joke of a book that I want to self publish just to see what happens, then I got an idea for a total sellout market kissass book that I'm pretty positive I can get published if my other 3 books continue going nowhere.

I haven't write any of my books in more than 1 year...

Have been working all year on my first novel. Finishing my final read through today, then will be prepping to send it to publishers over the next week. Feels pretty damn good desu

what's it about?

It's about this gang of cats in new york city who lead these lives like people do.

illustrated by Louis Wain?

No faggot. If you're not going to take my work seriously you can go suck off a camel

Seems alright. Femshits would probably enjoy reading it

It's the second book in a five-book fantasy series. It takes place in a version of our world where all myths and religions are true, to some extent, and involves my protagonist having to go to Niflheimr to raise an army of the unworthy dead from the Norse underworld.

I'm probably going to take a break from the series after it's done, since I don't even have an agent for the first book yet. I'll probably write some short stories, and then work on a literary novel next.

just start right now then

>furry
>wants people to take him seriously
ahahahahahahhaahah.epub

Don't write short stories. Nobody's interested in them. Everything else sounds pretty good though. Also, if you can't find an agent or publisher after finishing the second book, I wouldn't bother continuing the series. Use what you learned and start another project

kys

No one is ever going to take your work seriously everyone is a writer these days. There are 6,000 books released every day. Who the hell are you?

>Don't write short stories. Nobody's interested in them

I've gotten several published.....if nothing else it's a good writing credential

>Don't write short stories. Nobody's interested in them
dont listen to this guy. Write short stories and you can compile and release them along with your other shit. They're also a very good test if you know your shit or not

I actually already have a fair number of short stories written, and I have a few published, in fact. But yeah, like I said, it's time to take a break from the series. No point starting the third book when I don't even know if it's going to happen. Besides, I think I need a break from speculative fiction. It's time to write something a little cynical and a little satirical, and of course more realistic.

I don't feel like it.
Lately my irl is so fucked up I don't want to write where I am at the moment...
Besides, I wanna do a extra world build before trying to start writting again.

I know how to end my current short story, but I'm yet to write it down.

hows it end?

the guy pulls a fish skeleton out of his ass, and then just kinda smiles and shrugs to the audience.

Not bad. 85 pages into a new book.

Oh god....i was really hoping you were raped to death.

Hey Gaskun, what's the status with your old books?

>not even 20000 words
>85 pages
Are you using a size 30 font or something?

he lives

It's double space 12 or courier new. Industry standard.

There's a formatting error in book one. Not typos but spacing and formatting. Pushing book 4 out is in hold until that's resolved so I can go ahead and format the paperback. Started making arrangements for the audiobook. Just had a guy walk up to me 5 minutes ago and ask me what the series name was. I told him and he bought the first three on the spot. I emailed him the EPUBs format because he said his woman reads on an IPad. Can't sell epubs on another side (going wide) until 90 exclusivity with Amazon runs out in September.

Bro I started reading your first book. A friend told me about you and I was like oh shit I have to read his book because I too am writing a hoverracing story and I must know what he has done. Can we be friends

In the middle of the second and last big revision but put it on a one week break to write the first draft for the query and pitch, and boy oh boy, this is a pain, but also helps to figure out on what to focus in the story itself, so at least it has more use than practice in sucking up to agents.

I read dozens of successful queries and most are unbearable boring. Can't tell whether I am loosing touch with popular taste and turning into a joyless piece of shit or whether the market is really so desperate for something that isn't pure crap.

Sure, post an email and we can talk flying cars and waifus and shit. No traps tho. There a jackass in my writers group who tried to bring up traps for some reason. I'm like, dude that's some guy in a dress showing off his butthole. If you're into "easy bake oven decepticon americans" or whatever, that's on you but this isn't the time for that.

50 years from now, you guys will be known as the ones who perfected the hover racing genre and brought it into the main stream, like King with horror.

I accidentally wrote a comedy novella. I truly love it, but none of my friends or family want to read it.

Looking forward to it being published never

hit me up here:

[email protected]

I would read it, user.

Cool. Screencapped. Shoot you something tomorrow

Great, thanks!

I read book one of the Hunger Games today, and I'm pretty sure it knocked a few points off my IQ.

>YA, not even once.

To be fair, racing is really niche and I'm not sure you could do much with the actual racing itself. I needed an origins story for my main character so I went back and retroactively created one but even then here's only three races in the whole book where the race itself is described. Unless something really significant happens then there's no reason not to gloss over the rest and mention them in passing. In a movie it would be a montage at best. An entire genre? Sure it could be done but then you'd have to add adventures and shit outside of the racing like some kind of episode of Speed Racer

>comedy
im sold. not enough comedy nowadays. whens the last time we got a comedy? confederacy of dunces?

well you'd be the one to do it.

too sexually frustrated to write -_-

I'd be lying if I said I didn't rewrite the :30 thru 1:45 potion of this vid to make a tense situation that helps build suspense.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=hSiS93UYNuc

I write poems regularly. Got two ideas for short stories I've just gotta get them down.
Haven't submitted any of my poetry to any magazines for months. Been published in two of the three magazines I've submitted to which feels good.

Then by all means write them. I can't encourage others enough to get that vital first draft finished. It's really the first definable benchmark. Don't hesitate. Start today and get it done.

One of them is in the works, the other I've got the basic outline done. They're both so-called literary stories so I'm struggling with making sure they've got enough depth to be worth writing. I'm much more of a poet than a prose writer so I'm overly self-conscious about the whole thing.

Working on two right now.

I always wanted to do a comedy. It's about an evil queen set in a fantasy world trying to hold her kingdom together while her subjects are full of morons.

Those fantasy books always take themselves too seriously. I figured I might give my idea a shot, and I'm having a ball writing it.

Get a first draft done. It's gonna suck but that's the point. You establish a baseline and start to develop the improvements time and time again until it doesn't suck. Nobody gets it right the first time but you have to have a first time to improve upon.

What's it about user?

>but even then here's only three races in the whole book where the race itself is described
here, that's actually one of my major issues with the story so far. The fact that you build up hype for these races and then kind of gloss over them feels blue-ballish. I guess Capeta's spoiled me with the constant super-detailed race presentations.

Also what were your inspirations for the story in general?

Current word count: 128,525

It's all good

Ι just can't start writing if I haven't finished the skeleton of the story inside my head.

I'm working on 2 projects right now. A cyberpunk story set in a post apocalyptic setting in Hamburg, and a story about an expedition into a frozen landmass that's set in a fantasy world.

>It's double space 12 or courier new. Industry standard.
Andrew you prat you don't have to format it like that until you hand it in to the publisher. That, and seeing as you self-publish, there is literally no reason for you to be typing your MS double spaced.

I want some coke

The races are the backdrop for the whole coming of age story. It's also a love story and a cautionary tale about heroes and who we idolize. As a kid I idolized Richard Petty for being the winningest racer on the planet. Then as I grew older I chose Mark McGwire in his rookie year and spent over a decade collecting all his cards. I went to great lengths to have every single one and cheer him on when he hit 70 home runs and then had to endure the embarrassment and conflict of hearing him admit he was a juicer. I learned a vauable lesson about being careful of who to put on a pedestal. To date, Trent Reznor has not failed me once.
Read the book and you'll see that there's other things besides racing. I needed a back story that would show the MC being self reliant and building character in the face of adversity as well as introduce a wild card in Akiko to be a wild card. Her song "dreams" is a carefully constructed premonition and foreshadowing of the events of the later books packaged as a pop song. It puts something profound under the readers nose without them knowing and will have a greater effect when revisited later

>I learned a vauable lesson about being careful of who to put on a pedestal. To date, Trent Reznor has not failed me once.
Never put a pussy on a pedestal

I keep it ready to present to potential agents. Also, when reformatted for an ebook, the formatting is reconfigured. It's fine.

Why would you keep an unfinished first draft ready to show to potential agents when you have at least 11 books already finished?
>when reformatted for an ebook, the formatting is reconfigured
Yes, making writing it double spaced all the more pointless.

He's a self made success story. He worked as a janitor to get studio time for his first album, he's responsible for the rise and signing of Marilyn Manson, the downward spiral is top Rolling stone 500 albums, won a Grammy for best heavy metal performance, won an academy award and golden globe for writing movie scores, did the natural born killers soundtrack, worked with David lynch on Lost Highway, handled rehab of drugs and alcohol without ending up as a rock and roll cliche, toured worked and was friends with David Bowie, worked as CFO in the creation of Apple Music, and continues to write new music and tour without having to end a knee to industry standards. What's not to like? He goes where he wants and does whatever he wants. I find that admirable.

The click of a button can change the whole thing. I think you're making this a bigger deal than it really is.

I couldn't think of a story to write (and I'm a novice so I'm self-conscious about it). So I've been doing writing exercises. Basically me, "The Writer," as a self-insert character and another character I dialog with. In two days wrote over ten-thousand words and had a couple of good book ideas.

But now I have to deal with the fact I might be developing creative schizophrenia. Yikes.

whats your older book called?

tfw too busy to write rn

Is anyone else worried AI will take over book writing?

No it'll start spouting "nigger" and "Hiel Hitler" like the others did.

I'm writing a short satirical story titled "Elagabus: Patron Saint of 2017"

I realized this morning that I've never actually heard "Elagabus" being spoken aloud, and I don't even know how to pronounce it. Is it Ella-gabus, or Ell-Ah-gabus? I don't have a clue.

Holy shit my retardation knows no ends, it's Elagabalus, not Elagabus. I'm gonna blame this one on the hangover.

I'm writing a fantasy crime story about someone being reassigned in a different city and trying to uncover a plot. I know, not original, but whatever.

None at all, at least not in my lifetime.

Look at all the computer generated stuff out there. Kurzweil made a program that wrote poems in the 60s. Out of the like 5 million it wrote, like 3 of them sort of resembled poetry. They were terrible, but I guess they at least looked kinda like a poem.

There's that website that generates inspirational quotes too, they're all hilariously nonsensical.

I think inspirobot is intended more as a mad-libs generator than anything else.

Which one?

We've already proven by the invention of the internet that the old saying about "an infinite number of monkeys with an infinite number of keyboards will eventually write all of Shakespeare's plays"

No we haven't, the programs that were designed to do that actually haven't written the work of Shakespeare yet. So nobody knows.

Once a computer actually does that then I'll shutup.

What you think of the new ep?

stephen king pushing out some pages

Every new album takes some getting used to. It's an evolution from one era of albums to the next. He's waxing Gary Newman/experimental david Bowie. I like it.

Wrote over 1400 words today, in total this latest book is around 32,000 words in, so it's 50% finished bare minimum I figure, or if it only reaches 55,000 words (entirely possible) then I'm more like 58-60% finished. Feels good, and OP's pic is probably accurate because I'm fucking addicted to writing. Been at it for coming up on a year, and this'll be my 8th book.

>85 pages
>17,030 words
What the fuck?

THIS!

I think you're making your books a bigger deal than they really are. Whether they're good enough for traditional publishing or not, you could be waiting years before an agent notices you. Just write for self-publication, be content and happy with self-publication, and you'll probably get a pretty damn big notice that an agent might be on the way. You'll know because you'll probably start making hundreds of dollars a day if you write a book good enough for traditional publishing. For now, it's bloody cringy that you write your first draft in a manner specifically for traditional publishing.

Then don't read them. The formatting changes when they go digital.

If 'the click of a button can change the whole thing' then why are you writing it double spaced? It's totally pointless. Doing it without thinking is excusable but even now a day after it was pointed out to you, you're arguing the point.

Well then get your ass over here and YOU write the damn thing. What time you coming over? I'll have the Mrs make chicken tendies

I wish I could just take a big shit right on this board. a big ole shit right in the middle of it.

I'm sorry I can't, I'm too busy writing something worthwhile.

But will you finish it? Good luck

Yeah I don't care for Catcher in the Rye either.

Yes, it wouldn't be worthwhile otherwise. Thanks.

Good deal. Don't forget to double space.

Wrote half a short story last week. Thinking about drowning myself in the tub.

How do you end a thing? Nothing is coming together. He dies, but that's so easy. I'd like to subtlize my mind but I'm a fucking buffoon

Buffoooooooooooon

I'm... I'm almost there, Veeky Forums. Holy shit I'm almost there! Just two more chapters and I finish my first book. I have some editing to do, but not that much. Man, I just can't wait till people read it.

>Implying anyone other than my handful of beta readers will read it

I'm not gonna query it because it's pretty much unpublishable in the current market. You know, it shits on SJWs, it's super edgy, and has a lot of anime references in the first few chapters so the ideal reader is kind of niche. I'm in the awkward place where it's too reddit for Veeky Forums and too Veeky Forums for reddit, so I don't know how and where to share it. That's why I decided I'm gonna release it as a free pdf. I don't think it's good, but it's not complete garbage. It's slightly above mediocre. Entertaining. Honestly, I'm just happy to finish my first book.

Don't kill him. That's too obvious.

Good for you, man. Finish it, celebrate, then put it away for about a month then revisit it

7,000 words now. It's a script for a snes style rpg. It's gunna be an "art" game, I guess. Just imagine fans blowing on you and acid techno cascading your ear drum and also understand it's less cringe-worthy in context

:Yeah, everyone here looks like an idiot too. Ya, I’m also horny. No, I’m not on the train.

:When I think of 10 year olds I envision a snowflake, or something cyclic, like time. You still with me? And then I see these kids just whipping each other i-in that abstract shape! from 7 to 11 everyday forever. That’s really the way it should be. Just good honest stuff. Play them a little fiddle maybe. Now you got the positron emission, the sheep oil, the Morrison feedback. They even got these probability amplitudes you get from Selwin’s google.doc and they tell you where the kids are most likely to be at certain times yada yada. I’ll tell you where they’re going be. They’re going to be doing at least 40rpm and I’m going to have 40 or 60 at least working simultaneously. Oh, you're just looking for the rat's ass. I do give one, fortunately -> stranger hands you the rats ass

:Every chocolate chip I eat is like a hedonistic philosophy for me. I love hedonism, and I love to eat.

:I’ll tell you any timeless truth you think you can handle. Here's one. Women who use corner-store melee services are more likely to just do it themselves and that’s why you see so few of them with tatami riffles in grocery stores.
Bauhau: Careful, Jack-off. This guy sounds really smart. He might be insured, or have a degree in neuropsychology or something.

:Games? I love games! Let’s play one. Fallen soldier is good, or maybe wound-hurt-more-than-it-really-did. How about post-modern normalist (these are just the days of our lives!)? Ah, really makes that old spoon of yours clink with the old teeth remembering these fun games people love!
- Oh, you meant regular games?→ menu

cop: We were informed someone in the premises just,“didn't give a crap anymore”. We would like to have a word.

:Ben Shapiro was a goddamn shrimp on his home planet. Why do you think they sent him down from the higher dimensions to do the dirty work?

Zinc Finger: It is like I am being scanned by one of those dependent xRef’s dummy-toys, or whatever Tatyana and Trish would call them...those, “people”, they’re, “in my shoes”, or something. I feel… rectangular! Is it someone finally thinking about me?

:I can’t put my finger on it, but you look familiar.
(the next time you talk to him): Say, that lamppost, it looks familiar.

Traveling gypsy: Yurrrp. Uncle Lee’s got 6 copies of Diamond Dogs in his pickup. Wanna listen to all of them at once?

Handgun: You found a handgun →Rabbi: Whoa, whoa whoa. Not sure which source code you’re predicated on, but that’s not fucking okay in the future.

Rabbi: Our most ancient knowledge of the promise land comes from the text, "Gernsback"

idk I have fun it's my smash bros fan fic autism Ulysses

haven't worked substantively on the stories i said i was going to over the summer. my priorities are too conflicting, with this tech internship and looming job interviews. im very undecided what my future holds. also just lacked the motivation to edit. words havent been coming to me the way they usually do, and its pretty sad

published where

algo-generated lit is a thing and within the next decade or two will be on par with children's books

too bad, ive got a messenger bag and journal also filled with schizio garbage

wha....?

I don't see why something like this is so simplistic in the context of Superjail! or something but always ineffable from me :(

Keep writing