What did Nick Land mean by this?

What did Nick Land mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/08/04/death-wish-trailer-starring-bruce-willis-slammed-as-racist-alt-right.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Land
scontent-atl3-1.cdninstagram.com/t50.2886-16/20138458_467666660264558_5193661465789202432_n.mp4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Cringe

its just a meme bro

i cringe evrytiem whenever a "celeb" references Veeky Forums

Are philsophers celebs now?

>It's a "Nick wants to see a remake of a Charles Bronson movie" episode
You either die a Deleuzian or live long enough to watch revenge fantasies starring Bruce Willis

Why does it appeal to him? Is it just because it's "problematic?"
foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/08/04/death-wish-trailer-starring-bruce-willis-slammed-as-racist-alt-right.html

Do you think he ever popped up in those girardfag threads?

>why does it appeal to him?
Did you see the original user?

I dunno, man, but it's just such obvious wish-fulfillment revenge fantasy. I'm not saying it's wrong, or that American cities aren't crime ridden, or even that it will be a bad movie, just that it's so obvious. Thought Nick was smarter than that.

Why would being intelligent mean that you can't enjoy something like that?

It means he read the copypasta about weaponized autism and wanted to show off how hip and current he is

Wish-fulfillment, persecution fantasies, and revenge dreams are enjoyed by everyone, that's why the intelligent shouldn't indulge in them. Like potato chips and pop songs; Einstein as much as the village idiot enjoys this stuff but one should have the nobility or probity to realize that they're enjoyed because they're vulgar, and, like scratching an itch, best not indulged in publicly.
But I kinda want to watch the originals now, and I love the idea of libs getting assblasted at this.

All he said in that tweet was "Yes"

>nobility or probity

Spooks.

>RAAACIIIIST

These people should calm their tits, I'm sure all the Chicago gangs in the movie will be multiethnic and probably majority white

Just like irl :^)

pic rel is best nick tweet

Land is hardly a philosopher

>Land is hardly a philosopher
b8

user, this Nick Land.

Hardly a celebrity as well.

Land...easy on the popcorn
>Tfw I can relate to Nick Land
Cooking popcorn in the skillet is hell. Microwave that shit Land.

>Nick Land (born 17 January 1962) is an English philosopher, short-story horror writer, blogger & 'the father of accelerationism'
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Land

You know Nick wrote that page himself

>>Tfw I can relate to Nick Land
It's a scary yet exciting feeling, isn't it?

Must be nice to make up a name for whatever stupid shit you rp about and have it accepted.

The situationist international turned it into a game so long ago it's too boring to think about. Propaganda is synonymous with memetics anyway like the words are pretty much cognates.

I'm sure he has seen it. It's a cult classic and accelerationist-core cinema.

>Land was a lecturer in Continental Philosophy at the University of Warwick from 1987 until his resignation in 1998.

Warwick, isn't that incest capital of the UK?

Wrong nick you niggerfaggot they turned a game into propaganda.

>I lie all the time and shit in the street

University of Warwick isn't even in Warwick.

this is and continues to be a great comic

>scontent-atl3-1.cdninstagram.com/t50.2886-16/20138458_467666660264558_5193661465789202432_n.mp4
Memetics with aesthetics has always been a part of /pol/, is Nick Land a newfag?

>implying i don't

>Memetics with aesthetics has always been a part of /pol/
He wasn't implying it was new
> is Nick Land a newfag?
I doubt he actually browses Veeky Forums regularly. Though I do remember him posting links to Veeky Forums on his blog back in 2014 or so.

Christ, what type of mickey mouse Euroversity is that

>these memes aren't Cathedralâ„¢ approved i only like transitive thought if the establishment likes it

It's new (1960s) but its one of the best universities in the country, famalam

HNNNGGGGG

I can get what he's going for here. The propogation of narratives is no longer held firmly in the hands of governments or news media. I think we've heard this point a million times, about a '5th Estate', here he's just casting that narrative in a kind of abject light.

But I don't take this as an endorsement of Pizzagate or veracity of any of the conspiracy theories that are concocted there.

he has 7k followers my dude

Well, I don't even know how this tweet really deserves a thread desu. What the fuck is up with all of these NRx posts? Actually, it seems a little fishy.

>Pizzagate
To be fair, that's actually real.

Related: the metaphysics section of my local bookstore is filled with Deepak Chopra.