What's the best site for learning french? I don't mean duolingo and shit, just site where there are examples...

What's the best site for learning french? I don't mean duolingo and shit, just site where there are examples, sentences and the like.

Other urls found in this thread:

laits.utexas.edu/tex/
podclub.ch/it/transmissioni/l-avis-de-marie-f/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

duolingo is good

you could just watch every episode of Wakfu. subbed, not dubbed.

I am already watching subbed movies and reading le monde's site

I can understand written french but can barely form a correct sentence

About.com has a lot of good articles about grammar.

I sincerely doubt you understand a fraction of what you think you can

Try me

Ok whats being said in this simple dialogue?

When Albert has come to announce to me the result inspection, he has to me cried in entrance "Auntie, my badness has said a word about your pass"

Am I being memed

Some baseborn bastard has an unfortunate illness and played it to the point he became a good dramatist.

That's my translation without having literally ever studied French a single day in my life.
If OP is actually trying then he probably can read well.

Some dude has an illness (a condition would be closer), thats all you got.

I like RFI Savoirs. I also sometimes use radio.garden to listen to stations in Quebec and France.

OP is a beautiful black womyn who can do anything he wants.

anki.com

Well I'm not going to translate it sentence by sentence. I don't know a few words for certain but I get the gist of it based on the context. Rest is just word count.

Thx

That shit is only good for people force feeding themselves gook ideograms

Oh of course, thats understandable

I don't consider this simple. Nor a dialogue -- a dialogue is structurally easy to understand, unless it's a surrealist or otherwise non-standard one. This is one character's line and close to rambling. And without context, there isn't much to understand. Not at all indicative of someone's ability to read common or journalistic French.

Unironically the best answer in the thread

I know, I just wanted to knock the guy down a peg

A good grammar book is all you need.

>"best site"

laits.utexas.edu/tex/

podclub.ch/it/transmissioni/l-avis-de-marie-f/

I already have that + assimil (which is the best method for learning non-gook languages) but I need to change my browsing habits, internet is pretty worthless apart from getting books and movies so I might as well browse French news sites etc.

These look great, thanks.