Really Ohio? This is what you hang your hat on? New York has pizza, the south has barbecue...

Really Ohio? This is what you hang your hat on? New York has pizza, the south has barbecue, New England has clam chowder. Alaska has moose or some shit. You're going to take a dish that's so easy to make, even the Texans can make it well, and be incredibly mediocre at it, and that's your point of culinary pride?

putting spaghetti in that recipe is such a bad idea

certainly there must be something better to use in its place

God damn I love Skyline, thanks for deciding what I am getting for lunch OP

Throwing out the beans vs. no beans argument, how can we make the blandest, most flavorless chili imaginable? Jalapenos, habaneros, serranos? Those are straight out. We don't want our chili to taste like an actual chili pepper. God forbid our food has some flavor or spice.

Next, cheese. Big ol' block of government cheese. We've got that covered.

Last, noodles, because everyone grew up with shitty Barilla spaghetti, right? They'll love a tasteless, bland turd of ground beef with no spice, sitting on top of some limp spaghetti.

Way to go, Ohio! Your chili is truly a marvel of the culinary world! I look forward to eating in the next James Beard/ Michelin-starred restaurant serving "Cincinnati-style" chili.

Ohio should be leveled, It's all white trash and niggers

The one great acting performance of Guy Fieri's career, was eating chili in Cincinnati and acting like it was anything good or special.

this thread again

i love skyline. i've tried recreating this with canned chili con carne. but it doesn't taste right. what am i missing?

alspice, chocolate, cloves, cinnamon

I was born in Ohio and can confirm we have no signature dish. But the Donatoes pizza and chili dogs are damned good.

If it were french fries it would be delicious

Reminds me of Steak 'n Shake Chili Mac

t. 56%
Ohio is 80% white, stay mad tho mutt

That's where you're wrong. Even Detroit has better chili, and they only use it on coney dogs. Detroit is better at chili than the state dish of Ohio. Does it feel good knowing that fucking Detroit is better than you, at a thing you take pride in? Let alone the Texans, they'll at least allow some actual chili peppers in their chili.

I legit hate ohio for this dish alone

don't be mean user

>New York has pizza
literally every American city has pizza, excellent pizza is insanely common

80% white is pretty damn low. Most of the good midwestern states are 90+%
But Ohio in many ways is more like the south than the midwest

there's BUCKEYES too

Oh. but that really good thin-crust, where you can just be walking down the street and smell it, and buy a slice for a buck or two? No other place rules pizza like NY. It's easy to make pizza, but hard to be the best at it.

>no other place sells decent pizza by the slice
I know you urbies constantly have to lie to yourselves to feel better about living like rats in concrete nigger-nests, but come on man.

I disagree completely, nowhere else are there as many overpriced mediocre slices of pizza as New York, its a very bad pizza destination if you go by the quality of the average local place

>Ohio is like the south
Stay on your side of the Mason-Dixon line son. Fly all the stars-and-bars you want, Ohio is not and will never be the south.

When you compare Ohio to the nicer upper Midwestern and northeastern states it looks a lot like the south, I mean not as shitty, but its hardly as nice as the real northern states

I have it at least once a week. 4 way large with onions and habanero cheese. Flyovers will never understand. I see them all the time trying to eat Skyline like spaghetti and failing miserably.

Calm down spazzoid. He was just pointing out that fries would be a better choice than spaghetti for that dish. Nobody cares about your little chili wars.

Ohio simply developed as a river state feeding the MS river and slaveholding south with the Ohio River steamboat traffic from the north. Consequently, they could easily be classified as the south, in terms of political sympathy although their food is shitty midwestern trash.

Don't forget the raw onions sprinkled on top

>although their food is shitty midwestern trash.
Cincinnati i like 20 feet from Kentucky, its not midwestern

If this shit was from Cleveland you could make an argument it was midwestern but not Cincinnati

You're aware that it doesn't get much more flyover than Ohio.. right?

Larosa's >> Donato's

I hate Ohio too, but for different reasons.

Southern Ohio, just like Southern Indiana, is Upland South. Every bit as Southern as KY and WV.

ohio is actually known for it's cheese
they call ohioans cheeseheads
at OSU buckeye games its common for people to wear cheese slices on their head

yeah, none of that is true

Superior would be fry bread as a base

Midwest is nothing but garbage for food.

Seriously,ground beef is your goto meat? No, adding pounds of shitty cheese won't make it any better.

Y'all need to fuck off.

Cincinnati is the south

kys

delicious scrapple

OP, the Cinncinati chili is greek immigrant influenced. It's not really chili, but the spiced meat of a pasta casserole dish made without the casserole step. It's pretty much one pot mac n cheese kind of thinking. Quicker. Easier. Pastitsio without the work. It actually used to be that there was ever only 1-2 types of pasta in mainstream groceries. People used to like spaghetti and not need the next weird shape. So, there's the legacy of it now.

I think it's crap, nothing I would crave more than a bowl of chili, or even a taco salad. If I wanted aromatic spiced greek ground meat, I'd be going to a greek or arab restaurant and getting it there. To each their own though. I do enjoy a chili dog with cheese, with onions, on a plate with a fork and knife. that's comfort food, but I want my chili normal style.

>german catholics and greeks
>the south

LaRosa's is shit
t. LaRosa's employee

Draw a line from Chicago to Pittsburgh To DC, everything south of this is the south

What exactly do you think burgers are made of?
>REE ONLY FLYOVER AMERICA EATS GROUND BEEF

last I checked Ohio didn't secede in 1860

Pretty much sums up the entirety of the mid west right there.

either did Kentucky

Michigan>Ohio

My local one is great. The guys in the back seem to know what they're doing and the servers are all sexy high school girls.

That latter part is true for mine, good god

You have weirdly misguided opinions about where lines were drawn. Cincinnati is the first outpost of the north, and the beginning of shitty food. You cross that line, and you won't see biscuits and gravy on the breakfast menu anymore. The server won't call you 'hon' once you cross that line.

we do things different around here, you wouldn't understand

Barbecue stops north of that line. Texas brisket, Carolina pulled pork, Memphis baby-backs. all that shit ends once you hit Cincinnati. Get ready to eat shit, where nobody can cook, the minute you set foot north of the Mason-Dixon.

All of the good cooks in America are from the south. Black people with soul food, cajuns with cajun-creole, Texans with chili, Mexicans with Tex-Mex, every southerner with a smoker and barbecue. Yankees have shit for cooking against us.

You ever looked at a fucking map, Cletus?

Cincinnati is hundreds of miles north of the Mason-Dixon line.

>All dem Cheese Coneys

I've ALMOST been that drunk.

do you guys also shit in a pot and call it chili?

>Northerners can't cook
Okay retard

put it on flat bread and then call it a taco

Well if he's talking about midwesterners, he's pretty accurate.

t. Grew up in the midwest and left that shithole for the south where at least the food is good.

There is literally nothing wrong with chili,onions and cheese on top of pasta. You're just a douche.

you can get all of that shit anywhere in America, and you won't have to live with southerners

this is a fucking insane life decision unless you like poverty and mosquitoes

Donatos is fucking dogshit. Their sauce tastes like ketchup.

t. Ohioan

The south may have some cool classic foods, unlike much of the midwest, especially Ohio, but the quality of a typical restaurant in the midwest is much better, and the quality of the average family cooking is much better

Do Americans really describe their states with large servings of junk food?

It is good! I love to get chili cheese fries at skyline and they're so cheap

Honestly, the dish is fine. The only actual issue that people have is that it's called chili, when it hardly resembles what everyone else knows as chili. If it was called anything else there would be no issue at all because it's fucking delicious.

It's not chili though and I'm ok with that, even as a Cincinnati native.

It doesn't though.

Call it what you like, my issue is that it’s a vile abomination due to the spaghetti

pasta works pretty well with chill

What’s life like with a learning disability?

You don't think a TOMATO-BASED MEAT SAUCE is good on SPAGHETTI?
You're legitimately a fucking retard.

This is our signature food

so actually Cincinnati i further south than the original Mason-Dixon line, its actually a better marker of northern vs southern culture today than the state lines are

Skyline is dogshit, but don't lump Cincinnati in with the rest of Ohio. Everything south of Columbus can burn.

Keep telling yourself that. Go cuckeyes

Actually, I'm a proud Carolinian and have roots in Eastern Ohio and Western Pennsylvania from 200 years ago, so piss off.

reminder that pasta is a better inclusion with chili than beans are
but skyline still is bad

>New York
>Thinking their floppy uncooked tomato cheese pita bread is pizza
Kek

>it doesn't get much more flyover than Ohio.. right?
>50% of the US population within 300 miles of Columbus

>acting like it was anything good or special.
you realize most everything he woofs down isn't remotely special, right?

>I see them all the time trying to eat Skyline like spaghetti and failing miserably.

how the fuck am i supposed to eat it then?

You cut it with your fork. It stays uniform and is a perfect bite every time.

For some reason my family calls this Plymouth Chili and has it with penne instead of spaghetti.

Is this a complete anomaly or are there other people who do this?

>ohio
swensons and mr. hero for me pls

OP is like the polar opposite of that one guy who wanted to fuck Ohio.

It's kind of incredible.

>New York has pizza
Stay delusional, fag.

>Eurabians think anyone cares about their pretentious slop that still looks like a 75 cent microwaved pizza

calls something not sloppy "slop"

>Implying it matters
None of those things were invented in those cities, let alone the US.

>Calling a pizza "pretentious slop"
>Calling a garbage cheese pie "pizza"
And to think american education is still on a downward slope

>muh pedantics
It's Americanized pizza, which is distinct from authentic pizza but still pizza nonetheless. And it's fucking delicious.

>Try it for the first time.
>It's fucking sweet

"""Chili"""""

I wonder if they hadn't called it chili if Skyline would get so much hate

I've had it, and it's not terrible but calling it chili is wrong.

>still pizza nonetheless
No chicago style. That is distinctly not pizza.
It's a pie.

>48% within 500 miles
In any case, it does get more flyover but Ohio is still very much flyover.

No, it's what Cincinnati hangs its hat on. Cincinnati is a cancerous lump in Southern Ohio. No relation to Northern Ohio.

Have some pride you cuck

Wrong again, my retarded friend. Pies have dough on top. Chicago pizzas do not

What about pumpkin pie?
Checkmate athiests

No one eats moose, it's too tough

Caribou, black bear, reindeer are much more common