This is my first post on Veeky Forums...

This is my first post on Veeky Forums. I'm guessing you guys are about 50/50 divided between Stephen King fans and Stephen King haters.

stephen who?

For every 1 good thing he's written, he's written probably 20 bad things.

Haha yeahb uddy yolu really hit the number... the number to PISS me off...If there's one thing we all hate it's steven king. he s worse than JK Rowling, or "JK Roastie" as I like to call her. Stefen King is a hack of the highest order. Your post was very offensive to me and all my Veeky Forums friends, we're on the Veeky Forums discord right now talking about how were goinna make your Veeky Forums like a living hell...you're gonna wish you used reddit when we;re done with you...

He has written, at most, 5 good books the rest are trash.

This
Some shit like Misery, The Shining, Carrie and The Dark Tower the first book are good, some of those I would say are masterpieces, but he produces a shitton of trash in the process

I'm not even hating man, I wish I had this self-discipline and willpower to write everysingle day and show to people no matter how shitty it is but I just can't, he is overrated but he produced some good shit so hes alright in my book, theres no authors with 100% masterpieces, even the old masters have cringe/boring shit they wrote

It's an interesting situation, because as all of Veeky Forums Veeky Forums must be contrarian. But even though King is popular, it is also popular to hate him because he is popular.

So you have people here who like him because it's popular to hate him.

The Shining and Rage were okay, nothing else was that memorable.

The Body was his best book though.

Probably more like 50% haven't read him and say he's shit, with the other 50% being split among actual readers who like and don't like him.

I don't shitpost about him but I've never read any of his work because I find horror kind of tedious in novel form.

I neither hate or love him, l just dont care
I've never read anything by him and dont feel the least compelled to check him out in the future
Just doesnt sound like my cup of tea

Like a lot of prolific writers, he's very hit or miss.

Cujo was a great read when i was 15. King isn't great at horror but he writes what people like. He is okay in my book.

He looks like Fetal Alcohol Syndrome

Some of his stuff is really fucking good.

Most of it is garbage.

This has to be at least the 100th time I've posted this opinion on here.

>theres no authors with 100% masterpieces
Are you implying John Green ever wrote anything other than cultural landmarks that will influence every aspiring writer for generations to come ?

He may have published only good books, but nobody gets good at anything just by theorycraft, you need to get your hands dirty
He probably wrote cringy bland self-insert stories for himself

Also being popular/remarkable =/= good, Poe's work are all cult tier nowadays, but he has some real garbage that only gets carried because of his name

>It's a story about a writer from Maine who's taken a break from writing but wants to get back to it

It's awfully presumptuous to assume that Veeky Forums even has strong opinions about king

Hey wsj

We don't care about him

What makes people so much more willing to defend Steven King over comparable pop writers like John Grisham or Tom Clancy?

Is it because there's a modicum of merit in his works, where Stephen King could conceivably lead you to actual literature where others are "dead ends" that people read specifically so they don't have to expand their horizons?

Is it that his readers are young enough to be violently entrenched in nostalgia-culture and have to fanatically defend and seek merit in the things they like? The fact that his books are far more acessible than other "novelists'" seems key to this, and they contain adult situations without really touching on adult themes, which could mislead someone juvenile.

These are my two theories, maybe it's something else

talented filmmakers turned a couple of his novels into great movies

>Implying Misery isn't a masterpiece

I like horror and gothic stuff a lot but I just don't care about King.The Haunting of Hill House is way better then the Shinning it is almost funny.