Hey cocksuckers give me your best cooks books. I'm looking for ones with a blend of recipes and technique...

Hey cocksuckers give me your best cooks books. I'm looking for ones with a blend of recipes and technique. Priority on italian, german, and russia cook books.

Other urls found in this thread:

express.co.uk/news/uk/784538/Curry-recipe-oldest-cook-book-200-years
monticello.org/site/blog-and-community/posts/jefferson-era-recipe-pepper-vinegar
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>cookbooks in 2017
lol?
Are you 80?

the boomers must have found Veeky Forums

we're going to start having threads on reverse mortgages and how to make the most out of medicaid part B

books as in words printed on paper? who are you kidding, you’re not going to have the patience to read that shit

No appreciation for the smell of a freshly cracked spine :(

Check out Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking by Marcella Hazan.

Here's one I have published in 1913. It's hilarious how the whore's in the administration and congress were precisely the same as today. Check out this recipe for curry to follow which contains no spices whatsoever, lol. And we bitch about britstania!

*no spice american curry recipe from 1913, lol!

>Look online for a basic recipe
>Every recipe site, including the professional ones, is flooded with nothing but meme "variations"
>"Books? UGH I CAN'T EVEN"
What a faggot.

I use the BH&G cookbook.
Now idea how it rates among cookbooks, but its very very general.

>nothing but meme "variations"

name a dish that doesn't yield at least one 'vanilla' recipe when typed into google on the first page of results.

You are literally paying for a pile of paper because you're too ADD to use google properly. "Ugh I can't even", indeed.

>*no spice american curr
it states curry powder, which is a spice blend aka garam masala, and it wasn't a cop out to blend spices and making it a general one size fits all blend, before you say that's a cheat or modern thing. It's a practice going back centuries from ethiopian berbere to za'atar. Saves time to do a blend for something you use daily and saved money for the masses who didn't buy things a pound at a time. Do a little food research.

1913 is pretty young in the scheme of things. Just look at this Abbey Cookbook's 1793 curry powder recipe image from this article: express.co.uk/news/uk/784538/Curry-recipe-oldest-cook-book-200-years
... which shows 3 (?) of "curry powder".

Thomas Jefferson's relative Mary Randolph Virginia cookbook prints her recipe to make curry powder in 1824.
monticello.org/site/blog-and-community/posts/jefferson-era-recipe-pepper-vinegar

>I use the BH&G cookbook.
>Now idea how it rates among cookbooks
It's decent, and for that reason, still a really popular wedding present/starter cookbook. It has all the basics down.

>because you're too ADD to use google properly.
Do you so seldom use books that you think they're easier than google?

Jesus, is there anything worthwhile about you millennial brainlets?

Now, what IS easier is not having to wade through thousands of meme variations to find a real recipe (especially when many meme variations will be titled "Old-Fashioned")
Does that make you weep for the dead trees, you fucking pussy?

>not wanting to partake in a rich tradition

plus you can leaf through a book for ideas you wouldn't have thought of. it's a lot harder to google things you haven't thought of yet.

>it's a lot harder to google things you haven't thought of yet.
Brainlet BTFO

I will take a look. I'm more looking for cook books that deal with specific cuisines and the technique behind them.

I have heard that before but wasn't sure if it was a memebook. I will take a look at this one too.

This. I'm 25 and I enjoy books. There's something about the smell of a freshly cracked book.

1981 edition

Anything with giada because there are usually decent cleavage shots

I think "Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat: Mastering the Elements of Good Cooking" by "Samin Nosrat" is nice at first glance. I'm just in the Heat chapter at present.

IMHO she could have written more. You could do the same cookbook + considering all "six" taste senses (+Umami and +Fat (newly found maybe)).
Bitterness, Sweetness, Umami, +already mentioned Saltiness, Fattiness, Sourness.

I know Umami is mentioned in the book and the other aspects too, though a bigger sub-focus on those would have been nice.

Who knows maybe there's a good part about spices and herbs in there.

Basically I guess I want a useful sequel to that book, to get further, though that might be impossible without cooking lots of stuff (professionally).

I've made almost everything in that book. Great starter book for an 11 year old kid who likes to cook.

Rather not enable Muslims.

Smart man

(You could pirate it, you know. Or buy it used.)
Iranian's might be worse in some ways though.

I like how liberal Muslims flee their shitty countries and then let their kids or grandkids get pulled in ideologically by the home country to ultimately make the target country as shitty as the source.

Also from the book:
Didn't celebrate typical American (food) holidays to delay assimilation. What a great plan.

Also: Grandmother freely travels back to the country the parents had to flee from. Still lives there.