Why doesn't Ikea just open its cafe as a separate franchise and conquer the fastfood world?

Why doesn't Ikea just open its cafe as a separate franchise and conquer the fastfood world?

that would be too easy

Because it'd be Boston Market 2.0

which ikea is that

Chicopee, MA

Its there to service customers who spend hundreds of € on furniture.
The restaurant itself doesnt make profit.

It's a tool to lure people to their stores to buy their low quality furniture.

So I actually bought some of the meatballs and potatoes last time i went. It was trash and way more expensive than a Costco/samclub hotdog/pizza combo.
The way people talked it up it sounded like it would be real cheap comfort food.

I love their gummy candy. Best selection anywhwre.

judging by those prices it would be too expensive to make it on its own in anytown, USA

Have you been to McDonald's lately? If you order anything that isn't on the value menu you're bound to pay at least $4. Ikea restaurants have decent food and I'd rather stop by one of those than any other fast food place. Problem is I really don't want to drive 20 miles to the nearest Ikea and then have to walk through a busy store just to get there.

Their food is overpriced garbage.

>they give you that many meatballs in the states

Holy shit we really are Yuropoors, they proper Jew us on the portion sizes in our Ikea stores.

They don't give you anywhere near that many. You get about half that or so.
Haven't been to IKEA in EU in a long time, but don't remember portion size being any different, really.

Because the food court is only to get you in the store, they don't make any money off it.

IKEA kaarst in germany is the first store in the world with a "roof cafe" you can go to the restaurant without need to visit the store.
the new store also has a playground available around the clock, day light, more recycled products, sustainable things, energy saving electricity and so on. in the future they want to do more stores like that.

Do you mean to make you stay in the store? Who is going to Ikea for only the food and then impulse buys a couch?

>clearly written as 15
>only gives you 7.5

Yeah nah

Didn't notice the number. Looked like more than fifteen in the picture to me. I was wrong.
Anyway, maybe it's because I'm in one of the more expensive areas of the country and not in the middle of Buttfuck, Massachussetts, but last I went, I know it was 10 meatballs for $5.99 because an American friend and I had some bants at each other centred on meatballs.
We each ordered the ten meatball meal, but he got two sides of extra meatballs on top of it, for 20 meatballs total. So I rightly called him a fatty fatty fatty fat. And he called me a faggot.

Back in Euroland, you also get ten at around the same price (chf 5.95 in CH).

>day light
wow I wish I had day light

i meant the store has (big) windows. A normal store has none or small windows because of a special light that presents the products better.