I need to impress my girlfriends family for christmas lunch. what do i cook Veeky Forums

i need to impress my girlfriends family for christmas lunch. what do i cook Veeky Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

southernliving.com/food/holidays-occasions/holiday-dinner-party-menu#cajun-christmas-menu
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This guy has such fucked up knee and ankle alignment

something tasty and thought out but not to overwhelm one before a large dinner

brothy soup with homemade bread would more than suffice.
I find an herb stuffed potato roll goes really far with people RE impressing them

Gastric bypass
Just sayin.

Is that Adam Sandler?

this would look good on some skinny korean kid

>i need to impress my girlfriends family for christmas lunch. what do i cook Veeky Forums.

Anyone ethnic or other culture? I like a make ahead idea on Christmas day..stores were closed already a day and you don't want to be fatigued, might have been at church late the night before a little hungover. So, like a lasagna to pop into the oven and warm up while you break bread and enjoy salad, wine, maybe a hot appetizer or some cold relish tray or lovely caprese with some good balsamic. Works for Italians.
As a Floridian, we break out the good seafood. Smoked fish dip, Stone Crab claws on ice, presteamed and refrigerated, with their dipping sauce, can't get any easier. Light the grill for a good marbeled steak. I might smoke a brisket a couple days earlier and rewarm, or set up the rotisserie for a pork loin Have a really nice side, since it's daytime, maybe a lovely grain salad with plump tomatoes, feta, cucumber, or grill some veggies to go with your steak. Pull the previously made and frozen key lime pie from the freezer dessert. A good boozy trifle filled with custard and sherry, or maybe whisk up a whiskey sauce for a chilled bread pudding. Key is keeping it simple on you and your cleanup in the moment. Nothing impressive about someone tied to the kitchen nonstop for two hours.

Creamy chicken casserole with a side of garden salad. Finish off with apple pie.

anglo

domino's or little caeser's for sure
impress them with how much food you can get for the price it'll show them that you are responsible

Might want to pick a roast then and get it into the oven early, and some seasonal sides done well. Don't do beef. Chances are they are a mix of rare and well done types and you don't want to offend a sensitive area.

I suggest cajun. Big pot of simmered red beans. Good ham roast or sausages. Blackened dolphin on the grill. Decadent dessert.
southernliving.com/food/holidays-occasions/holiday-dinner-party-menu#cajun-christmas-menu

>
kind of looks like a guy walking around, doc

jonah hill

fuck hes a weird looking cunt now

Are they doing turkey for dinner, or is lunch your big Christmas meal?

If the latter, make fucking Turkey.

Impress them with money. No one is going to be impressed with your cooking unless you manage to tell them you're an executive chef or something.

Warren Moon

Why's he so sad?

Cranberry Wenslydale and a few other cheeses, with an assortment of crackers.

you shold cook some weed
teehee
smokesmoke 420 weed smoke

Le steamed hams

Beef stroganoff over buttered new potatoes. A cheese board and port for afters.

Hes sad he had to get thin to get better movies.

Do something seasonal. Like chestnuts.

Braise a brisket. Simple. Delicious. I'd recommend cutting the brisket into large chunks so everyone gets their own big chunk on the plate. Throw the brisket and gravy over mashed potatoes with a couple of veggies on the side.

Cook yourself a better career path

>people make fun of him for being a fatass
>people make fun of him when he’s thin

literally what do you guys want from him

Neither of that is optimal, he should actually lift

woah, that's jonah hill? I think the issue I have is the 1980s attire with mullet. I guess he looks healthier, just kind of unkempt dressing head to toe baggy and unfashionable, overgrown haircut, etc. A good look for him would be more on the business side, less on the retro side. There's a reason we still don't like bleached denim and tube socks anymore. Jerseys have never looked good on anyone. Fact.

How about a pork tenderloin? Should fill those requirements for him. Could butterfly it and stuff it for extra impressiveness

y’all realize he’s in character for a movie set in the 80s?

impressions lead to accountability

It's hard to tell these days, to be honest.