What's the best drug to take for better reading?

What's the best drug to take for better reading?

for better immersion, focus, retainment, enjoyment

Other urls found in this thread:

teens.drugabuse.gov/teachers/mind-over-matter/nicotine/how-does-nicotine-act-brain
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

for me its alcohol

as a student i also read in bars whilst drinking a couple of pints

No drugs improve reading. Only self discipline. Pain is the great teacher, and all drugs in one way or another dull pain so that they can do nothing but set you back on the way of knowing. Drugs are however great for appreciating music, learning about yourself your depths and what your subconscious is saying. A long heroin addiction will eventually teach you much through much suffering. Alcohol can reveal your shadow to you. Cocaine can teach you about pleasure. MDMA is useful in learning to communicate emotionally and empathically. Drugs and reading just don't really work together. Ultimately you should do drugs and eventually stop doing them completely.

Adderall

Or, a bit of alcohol. Not together, and not too much booze.

none, obviously

a combination of coffee, alcohol, tobacco, high quality shatter/wax/hash, and on a good day opium or quality opioids like fent

get the fuck out

Ritalin

did this in college to get through engineering

would not recommend. you become dependent on it

>fentanyl
>cheapest "bath salts" opioid
>"high quality"
This is who we share a board with Why

>comparing fent to bath salts
>implying fentanyl isnt patrician opioid

most fentanyl is produced by the same Chinese research chem corps as methalone, etc. was.
Reminds me of the scene from the Naked Lunch movie where Burroughs wife was claiming shooting up bug spray was a "literary high". Delusions of grandeur from the trash heap of history.

>Patrician opiate
>not pure pharm grade morphine sulfate

definetly alcohol, though you need a high alcohol tolerance to really enjoy it.

Krokodil. You only lose a bit of flesh.

The best drug you can take while you is reading something is smell of the new book if you is literally book worm kike.

>lived alone for two years
>almost every Saturday I would sit on my porch and read almost all day
>drank beer slowly while reading, aiming for a nice buzz

Now it's hard for me to read without having a beer to drink. I get fidgety and my mind tends to wander. Anybody else ever have this problem? I'm slowly getting better but I still feel like I'm never really 'in the zone' unless I'm sitting outside reading with a beer.

ritalin

this is the only answer — medical-grade amphs or a bit of alcohol sipped slowly throughout the whole affair. tobacco enhances both experiences.

Caffeine. I've also found that mild doses of opioids make for extremely cozy reading. You get that warm haze yet it doesn't interfere with your retention at all, unlike booze or hash.

Idk if it enhances. But reading on LSD is an adventure.

Anybody here fuck with Kratom? People talking about mild opioids made me think of the supposed effects Kratom is supposed to have. Both times I've tried it though it was very difficult to choke down and basically just gave me a dull headache. Should I even bother trying it again?

pharm grade fentanyl is the most euphoric high I've ever had though.

Cocaine isn't pleasurable. It's tastes like garbage (when you snort it and taste a bit of it on the back of your tongue...) Makes you talk loud and too much and that's annoying. People who like it are mindless fucks who only want to party.

The best and only drugs to do are psychedelics.

Inject it if you want to actually experience it.
Maybe different people react to it differently, personally it didn't have any euphoric effects on me
Kratom is fine but builds tolerance quickly and gives many people headaches nausea (breaking it down plays hell on your GI, liver and kidneys too)

my best friend has some dependency issues and really likes kratom. i don't take it often unless he's in town. when i first started taking it, i too did not get much beyond some slight seasickness and a steady head-throb.

if i don't expect too much from it, though, it's really quite fun. every 6 months or so, there will be a few days when i'm just constantly downing spoonfuls of powder.

try drinking some ice-cold lemon water—i've heard that lemon can conjunct kratom in a very positive way, but i'm not certain it's not placebo.

>Kratom
If all I noticed was a dull headache does that mean that the dose was too small? I measured what was recommended as a medium-small dose, but there ended up being a fair amount of residual powder left in my mixer. I tried first mixing it with chocolate milk, then mixed with applesauce.

What do you do, toss and wash?

toss and wash. i use a heaping table spoon (that is, a spoon for the table, not a measurement) and just choke it down, rinse with lemon water. if nothing else, taking kratom motivates me to be well hydrated.

as for the headache, i don't think it's the size of the dose but rather something more inexact. of course, if you take too much, you'll get full-blown nausea.

>as for the headache, i don't think it's the size of the dose but rather something more inexact. of course, if you take too much, you'll get full-blown nausea.
But I didn't notice any other effect at all besides the headache and a slight, vague nausea. Is it just that subtle of a high?

>inb4 DUDE WEED LMAO
it depends on how you react but if you have some nice sativa and sit down with some music, it can make you more immersed

Was adderall not available?

Duuuudeee weed lmao XD

so what. U47700 was pretty good desu

I'm going to avoid hard drugs. Never really enjoyed them and come from a family where addiction is all too common.

Best of luck to you

if you think drugs are all about numbness you clearly havent taken psychedelics

Ive had that happen to me with watching films.

>pretty good
Not compared to good drugs
I've taken them and they are not drugs. Something else entirely that I can't classify.

Nice trips. When I was locked up, I enjoyed reading after a cup of instant coffee in those ridiculous little cheap brown plastic mugs they'd let us use.

Are you me? Well, ideally no, I don't think drinking helps me read, but when I went to pubs alone I'd usually do a bit of reading as I drink my Guinness. Typically Sharpe's series, or an historical book like an Oscar Wilde play or some Charles Dickens. Good shit.

I used to be a big time stoner but never tried reading while stoned I don't think. Used to fucking LOVE gaming while stoned though, and also used to sketch out my own firearm designs when stoned sometimes (/k/ here). Honestly, I think if I tried reading while stoned, my mind would just wander and I'd find myself looking at words going "woah, wait, I wasn't reading, where did I leave off?" after realizing my eyes were just mindlessly scanning the lines of interrupted groups of letters.

Serious answer: weak opioids that don't nod you out much are acc great for focusing you on the text and the ideas. Codeine of all things made for great reading back way back when, i imagine oxy would be the same from how its described. Anything stronger or "slower", even shit like tramadol or DHC, just makes me physically unable to read off the page.

Also trams secretly the true patrician opiate

None. If you can't read normally you aren't meant to.

Not a question of ability has been posed in the thread, brother. This is a question of quality and experience. Get off your high horse.

>Are you me?
well in my years as a teenager i had to drive in the city to visit bars, which took up some time, so i always prepared myself with a good book to overcome travel-time. this also meant i always had a book with me to read at a certain bar.

straight edge

he's telling you to get out because he can't hanfle the truth that he's a degenerate
implying such a thing as patrician opioid exists

Tramadol is great if you're not tolerant to real opiates. It didn't do shit for me when I was at my worst, I'd have to take handfuls just to keep myself from shitting my pants when I was in withdrawal.

All you need is a good nights rest and a multivitamin.

I didn't ask for a lecture on how drugs are bad get the fuck OUT fucking immature plebs

you don't do drugs? good for you

this thread is about which drugs are best for reading

literature is the drug

There are no "best" drugs for reading since all drugs are bad when used recreationally.

if literature is the drug then i want to OD

Pretty sure lots of drugs are good to use recreationally

I didn't ask for opinions on the morality of using drugs though

also I don't tell people what to do

Oh you're "pretty sure" that they're good. The debate is settled, I concede.

>also I don't tell people what to do

You're indirectly telling me not to give opinions on the ethics of drug use.

omega 3 fish oil

Nah, nevermind. Still, kind of interesting. I now drink rum tonight.

>not pharm grade Diacetyl Morphine
Plebs, I swear

That's not even a scene from the actual book. So that tells us a lot right there, being on Veeky Forums and having someone reference a movie because it's all they've got.

Dxm is actual "literary high" desu

I booty bump a mixture of gasoline and nuclear waste. shit gets fucking real then.

He literally says it's from the movie in the post you're quoting. So that tells us a lot right there, being on Veeky Forums and not even being able to read.

>I can't read the book and also enjoy a film
They are completely different and both are great.

LSD microdosing

what does it actually do other than placebo

did you tried to drink water?

In my experience, the effects kind of depend on the strain that you get, i got the best results with a strong red strain.

3 cups of coffee= adderall

>i've never done adderall

dope just makes you forget everything though

correctemundo

This isn't true but even if it was, the thing about placebo is that it actually works

Oh man, how I loathe alcohol..

Water is for housewives and little girls

All of you are complete degenerates.

There's nothing wrong with trying drugs if you know what you're doing.

Reading Ulysses with a bunch of beer next to the Seine were some of the comfiest nights of my life. One night a French student came up and we talked about how he tried to read it and had a really hard time, then an Irish guy overheard our conversation and gave us both more free beer for talking about Joyce.

I read two pages of lolita in about 3 hours, it is one tortuous adventure.

Gives you energy and relaxes you at the same time, makes you think more creatively and I guess you feel happier cuz serotonin

Sounds like a wonderful experience and a warm memory. Nice.

Light (!) dose of dissociatives.

What´s the deal with this stuff? What is it supposed to do? I started taking it, but I can´t tangibly tell what it´s supposed to do.

>he can't read on a heavy dose of dissociatives

jej no

solitude.

coffee and cigarettes probabbly

What is the effect of tobacco, other than addition?

Didn't see that typo until the millisecond after I clicked 'Post'... laughed my ass off.

Looking like a freakin' badass.

Especially when forced to go out in the snow or rain.

u47700 was too good, probably wouldve killed me if it hadnt been banned so quick.

I don't think any drugs I've tried make you read better. There's nothing like smoking a bit of weed and getting a comfy stone on in the morning and reading with a cup of coffee.

coffee.

jenkem

Are you Irish or something? Jesus wept.

Let me guess, was that in Le Galway, overlooking the Seine? Left bank certainly, at any rate...

teens.drugabuse.gov/teachers/mind-over-matter/nicotine/how-does-nicotine-act-brain

Heroin addicts robbed my petrol strimmer. I live in hope that they were attempting to become patrician.

nah, iam from bavaria. we have a very lively beer-drinking culture

do you guys have a consistent access?

so far all the leads i've built in my area have been sketchy as fuck