Why do these literal pieces of dog shit exist at all

>but they are cleaner energy
they fucking heat up badly takes like 4 minutes to boil water or fucking longer to cook food depending on what your cooking.

Because not everyone has gaslines or money.

Also, if your kitchen is indoors just kys right fucking now.

Can’t have a gas stove in a basement unit. (Where I live)

They're cheap, dumbass. Why do you think every apartment on the planet uses these shoddy, bent coil fuckass pieces of trash?

I'm a renter and I've moved every year since college (haven't broken the habit yet...). Refuse to live somewhere with an electric stove. It eliminates like 75% of my options but desu it's worth it

>tfw the apartment you rent has a glass top stove and you'd kill for one of these

It could be worse, OP.

Why? They work the same way but are a complete pain to clean.

>if your kitchen is indoors just kys right fucking now
Not OP, but there is afoot of snow and 5°C below freezing here in Germany right now. Not everybody is an Ausfag with weird reversed seasons who have summer in the summer and scorching hell in winter.

Not that guy, but my old apartment switched to glass top stoves like 6 years ago and it's everything bad about an electric stove but magnified. Even slower to heat up and change temperatures, even lower max temp etc.

The glass ones are worse. You better hope all your pans are 100% level, or they won't make perfect contact with the glass cooking surface.

The electric burners at least, they have a little spring and give to them and let the pans sit flush on them.

Glass is the worst. The WORST.

Cooking with gas for the last 4 years. Can't even use electric anymore without burning shit.

This too.

Getting my cast iron to heat up evenly is an exercise in frustration. I just have to leave it there forever.

>every apartment on the planet
In the US maybe. I have literally never seen those things here in Germany, ever.

It's mostly a "newly developed" thing. They're probably really rare in europe because you people have been living in the same population centers for the last quadrillion years and already have all the gas lines built.
When you're slapping together a new apartment building its a lot cheaper to skip all the regulations, inspections, and installation costs of setting up gas and just leave everybody with crappy coil stoves.

>have coil electric stovetop for years
>hate it
>they replace it with glasstop
>it's worse

It takes over 20 minutes to get my pressure cooker up to heat, I want to die.

I have a glasstop and just reading you guys talking about them is making me rage so fucking hard.

I would KILL for an electric coil.

>tfw when you trying to sear a steak with a glass top

Is it because you've only lived there for a year Ahmed?

Jesus, I thought glass tops were a mild step up. Maybe this is why everything my mom cooks tastes like dogshit

if you spill -anything- onto the surface of a hot glass stove top, good fucking luck turning your fire alarm off and ever getting that shit off of the glass.

>friend's place has gas stove
>we're all cooking together
>friend ignites dial thinking it's electric
>somehow leaves it on for 5 minutes
>someone was going to light up a match for candles
>suddenly remembered that friend didn't fucking turn off the gas stove

Get a portable induction top faggot, its even faster than gas.
What is it with the glasstop haters here? I have been using one for years and it works just fine. Slower than my induction top, sure, but otherwise I have no complaints. I have had a portable gas burner lying in my basement for the last 40 years which I tried out after reading the posts of all the people on here who were raving about gas. Frankly, it sucked. Slow, lots of waste heat, immediately burns spilled stuff to hell and back and onto both cookware and itself and I found the much vaunted heat control to be inferior to electric, too.

No Ahmed, I am ethnic German and have been for as long as you can go back in history. Fuck muslims.

Thats not true. Google "ax-o blanc sanding block" (schleifblock in German), that stuff will get anything off the surface in seconds. I am not easily moved to raptures by household products, but that shit was a revelation, especially compared to the liquid stuff. It is so satisfying to use that cleaning my glass top has almost become a treat for me. Use the medium or fine grit, the rough grit will leave microscopic scratches.

How has your friend not killed themselves yet?

Very few people have gas stoves here. Its almost all either solid iron plate electric, glass top electric or induction.

>I have had a portable gas burner and it is worse than electric coil
You must have a real shitty portable gas burner then, because gas stoves are infinitely better to cook with than electric coil stoves, and are much faster to turn the heat up or down.

>and are much faster to turn the heat up or down.
That is the only thing they might have going for them, and it is pretty useless to me. When I sear a steak I do so in a heavy iron skillet which all by itself has a slower "reaction time" than any cooktop, and when I boil stuff it also doesnt matter because I can either just let it boil on for a few extra seconds or I just remove the pot from the burner.

Gas also provides much more even heating.

Perfect consistency ever time you use it.

Moving from up North to Texas (where gas lines in homes,/apartment's are rare) I definitely prefer gas but I make cheeses and for that I go electric the same setting at the same time produces the same result every single time and I can't beat that

Cant confirm that. I recently tried to season my carbon steel pan on a gas burner because my electric cooktop heated the middle of the pan more than the outside and caused a brown spot in the middle, but the gas burner did exactly the same. I had been expecting it to heat the outside and the sides of the skillet more than the middle because the flames are directed outwards, but the opposite happened.

for me it's induction

yep, induction is the shit. I just wish they made portable hobs with more finely graded power settings in the low range, that is pretty much my only gripe. 400 and 8800W dont cut it, I need 200, 300, 400, 600 and 800 at least.

Are you okay? Literally every shitty apartment in every big city has them, doesn't matter if it's műnchen or Berlin or hamburg, they are easily more common than gas

>dgw du seit einem Jahr nur noch mit Elektroherd kochen kannst

Halt mich, Hannes. Halt mich fest.

> another Kartoffel user that enjoys obsessive cleaning of surfaces

Truly 4 Channel brings people together

>this board has gotten so bad that aussie shitposters just assume everywhere is australia
That explains a lot

there's no way he wouldn't have smelled the gas

>good fucking ever getting that shit off of the glass.

I made a drill bit out of a screw and the tip of a kitchen scrub brush. I use it (with the drill) in combination with oven cleaner (let set for 5 minutes before scrubbing, but not too long since it's corrosive) to get the really bad spots off our glass stove. Absolute pain in the ass. But not impossible.

Our neighborhood doesn't have gas lines at all. Small redneck town in middle Tennessee.

heating up food. it's like you don't want to be a all natural savage cave man. we catch our food with our hands and eat it raw like the noble lion.

Gas lines aren't.a nornal thing to have indoors in america. Every place i've lived here the gas lines were exclusively outside

Wood > Charcoal > Wood Gas > Natural Gas > Biogas Methane > Propane > Coal > BBQ Briquetes > HEET > Iso-Alcohol > Dried Cow Dung > Electric > Induction

You need a higher wattage unit. The cheap ones are shit.

Glass tops are absolute shit. Not only do they break easily, but they take forever for all that thermal mass to heat up and even then you have to have it cranked because the glass gets air cooled and sucks the heat out too quickly.

I have one indoors for winter use and one outside for summer use. I'd rather not heat my home then need to use AC in summer and in winter I can heat my home with cooking heat and save some money.

In the USA, it is for safety, more than anything else. I'm a landlord and from what I've seen morons do, I'll never have any gas going into my buildings. Personally, I use gas and wood.

Induction is shit for anything outside of college dorm life.

Baking soda is your friend. Just pour on some baking soda add a little water and scrub away. You don't need to add much pressure.

i hate those electric stoves stuff from last time always finds a way of burning on the bottom and making everything a mess

>Wood > Charcoal > Wood Gas > Natural Gas > Biogas Methane > Propane > Coal > BBQ Briquetes > HEET > Iso-Alcohol > Dried Cow Dung > Electric > Induction

>Induction is shit for anything outside of college dorm life.

Something tells me you are too stupid or modern technology. Better cook all your stuff by throwing it in a brushfire, but only if it was properly lit by lighting, as our ancestors in the African steppe did.

oohh habusaki thats always fun

never seen one with open coils. Pic related yes, those are everywhere in Schland, but no open coils.

Kauf dir so 'ne IKEA Tillreda Induktionskochplatte Alter, is das beste Ding seit geschnitten Brot.