Is there anything that really ticks you off when you're eating with/around other people?

is there anything that really ticks you off when you're eating with/around other people?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misophonia
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes, several things.

I don't know, that looks like one good boy to me.

People who eat with their mouths open. I have an uncle who opens his mouth with every bite and kinda sticks his tongue out like a cow. EVERYONE notices it and jokes about it behind his back. It's fucking infuriating.
He's a lovely man, though.

>HEY user. TRY THIS!
>puts some of their meal onto your plate

>you can't force yourself to eat anymore from this point on

>take family out to dinner
>"omg user give me some of your _____"
>proceeds to hover their fork over my plate
I just paid for food for you and everyone else in the family, and you're really going to try and take shit off of my plate?

also

>take family out to a local steak house
>everything was wonderful and there were no complaints from anyone at the table
>finish our meals and the wait staff comes by with the check
>aunt borderline shouts "we should take the leftovers home for the dog!"
>waitress holds back a laugh as she glances toward the kitchen
>I happen to be good friends with a couple of the chefs
>pray that the kitchen didn't hear her
>get asked about the rude remark next time I see one
Being nice is a mistake.

Are doggybags not a thing anymore?

When people excessively and loudly suck their teeth.

You can get your leftovers wrapped up and take them home, sure, but it's incredibly insulting to imply that the food you cooked is dog food.

>mixing juicy things whose flavors seep into one another ie greenbeans and rice
>preparing different food with same utensil and mixing flavors

i love my mom but goddamn. my father and i prepare our own food and she cooks for me sometimes so she doesn't feel useless around the kitchen.

Thats why they call it a DOGGYbag user. Some people just like to give their dogs a special treat.

If you want to waste a $30 filet mignon on your dog, then keep it to yourself.

>not sharing tasty vittles with your pets

chef's take pride in their job? Do they think what they do takes any talent/skill at all? theyre 1 step above McDonalds employees

I find folks who have issues with other people's methods of eating generally have issues with the persons themselves.

my dog will happily eat his own shit, there is no reason to think that he will appreciate an expensive meal like i would.

My roommate would very fucking loud. Especially since he has vegetarian he would make super saucy spaghetti alot and it would slop around when first starting to chew it. Pissed me the fuck off. Same thing for snacks, he would sound like a wood chipper eating chips. We would just give him the bantz. Everyone in the room would start chewing loud as shit until he got the hint.

Slow eaters. I don't just inhale stuff but I also don't take like 3-5 minutes between bites where half way through my meal is cold.

Why do you come to a cooking board?

Eating with a toddler or a child who lacks any manners.

Thanksgiving was always ruined by my mother's obnoxious friends and their daughters with food falling from their maws

Eating around other people. The sounds that mouths make are disgusting and irritating. The chewing, crunching, smacking, gulping. Makes me want to hit them. I remember one time I was in Walgreens waiting at the clinic and some bitch was eating a bag of chips for like 15 minutes. I have never been so close to have the police called on me.

This is what we call a "sensory issue" and is one of the primary indicators of autism. Which I totally have. True story, I'm the 2nd oldest person I know with clinically diagnosed autism (42). Oldest I've met is just over 60.

Yeah, but if no one else is gonna finish it, you will make him a very happy puppy. I normally rinse off leftovers with water and give it to them. They're all like "The grease was the best part!" Yeah, it was, but we have carpets in 3 rooms and the runs are bad for carpets.

> having carpet in your house
SHIGGY diggy

>licks/sucks on fingers
CEASE.

>Eating with a toddler or a child who lacks any manners.
How dare those toddlers not following proper rules of etiquette. Oh how the nobles will gossip about the lack of manners this 2 year old has. How will the parents ever face the community after this?

Saying your mother, who cooks your tendies, is one step above a McDonald's employee is rather disrespectful to her.

I took a cheap prostitute to a buffet and she could not stop talking about her love of Hittler with her moth full of me.

Licking their fingers. Death! Death!

Several things, all of them come stem from my childhood. My mother has always been addicted to food and knows no boundaries (she thinks it is her right as a mother to claim certain things and acts as a cry baby if you point out that it isn't okay).

>putting food into your mouth as if you are breathing. I am a slow eater but I really detest it when people just shovel food into their mouth and swallowing without even tasting it. I've had situations where I learned the hard way that eating sushi with some people was just impossible cause they would be done eating in 10-15 minutes and would then complain that it was cause there was so little sushi.
>no etiquette when it comes to sharing: this comes from growing up and my mother asking me sometimes if she could have a taste of whatever it was I was having and suddenly half my plate is missing instead of just one bite or a couple fries. I hate this in general (it doesn't just happen with food but basically anything).

Adding
>out drinking with friends
>end of the evening everyone decides to call it quits
>suddenly everyone grows very quiet and some quickly slip out for a smoke because non of them want to pay or even look at the bill

> Went to mum's place for dinner
> younger brother starts watching the crazy 88's scene from Kill Bill.
> jumps on netflix, finds the movies and skips right to that scene.
I can't stand gore/ medical films while I'm eating. It's just off putting. I don't want to sit around that shit and consciously ignore something while I'm trying to enjoy food.
Also, I never eat while I'm on Veeky Forums. you people sicken me.

It's just disgusting. Basic ettiquete is not beyond 5 year olds

When people make sounds like "mmmh mmmh mmmh" when they're chewing. My cousin used to do that and I wanted to stab him to death with my fork.

>used to
>wanted to
Are you saying he stopped this behavior or you killed your cousin?

CLOSE YOUR DAMN MOUTH YOU DAMN FILTHY ANIMAL

People that start discussions, especially about politics or religion

Ppl. Who eat fish. Gas all n ordics and Germans

>Be college faggot
>Friend invites me to his parent's house to eat a few times a week
>2/4 of his younger siblings sit at the table ass fucking naked
>Always awkwardly look away because ???

this

I hate faggots that do that

because I want to cook on my own and learn from others recipes. not get my food cooked by a faggot chef making $8 an hour

yeah you're pretty much trapped at that point. It's never really a two sided conversation they always have some long winded can of sophomoric rhetoric they've been waiting to open to impress you. Anger above all things makes me lose my appetite it's like they're trying to ruin your meal before it's even started.

You cant outgas us you fuck

rude, but true

High energy shitpost user. Up the quality next time.

I try not to eat at work because of my fucking awful coworkers. Which sucks because I get hungry.
>work with this really old dude who spits a lot when he talks. And he likes to talk a lot. Don't want his spit on my food.
>also work with two spics who don't even speak or understand English. Yet for some fucking reason, any time I just want to sit down and eat my fucking food and be left alone, they have to fucking hang around me and try to talk to me. Fuck off.

I don't know wether to be disgusted or turned on

FUCKING THIS

> Loud and disgusting noises
Chewing with mouths open, slopping, smacking, gulping, belching, munching...like holy fuck it is genuinely foul

> Atrocious table manners
I'm not so anal that I give a huge shit about simple shit like "no elbows on the table" but I'm talking about REALLY egregious stuff here. I have seen grown-ass adults paling their silverware backwards in their fists and sawing their food to pieces, scraping knives against plates, wiping their mouths on their bare hands or sleeves, all kinds of crap.

Picking at your food with your hands or fingers is bothersome as well, depending on the food/cuisine.

Yes, when people are slurping loudly or eat with their mouth open.

TPBP
fuck these kinds of people

a few things when I'm out at a restaurant

>when faggots sneeze/cough/yawn at a restaurant
I don't know about you guys but I fucking hate these morons. I ordered a steak once and then a guy behind my table sneezed like a fucking horse. I got up and went to a few tables down. we locked eyes and I gave him a look of disgust. he seemed confused and gave me a face of whats the big deal?
people like this need to be kicked out of restauraunts.

they can fuck right off

are you fucking stupid? you're not supposed to sneeze in public morons

That dog! ā€œIā€™m so done.ā€ So me irl hahaha

My father-in-law smacks and slops like a fucking child until my mother-in-law loses her shit and flips the fuck out on him. The sound of him chewing sounds like someone stomping through slush. It is the most aggravating thing in the world. Second to that, whenever I'm cooking, he enters the kitchen and stands far too close to me, then sticks his face in my mixing bowl or whatever I'm using to prepare, then alternates between staring at that and staring at me until I say something. I generally ask, as politely as possible:

>can i get you something

... then he says no, and continues doing that alternating staring thing for a few minutes more while I suppress the urge to break every fucking bone in his body.

I really do like the guy, but these two habits gave me very serious doubts about marrying his daughter.

There was a coffee shop that had internet access.
Someone was browsing rotten.com. I kept eating my sandwich I had bought.
People asking how I can look at that gross stuff and still eat.
It's just pictures, it's not like it's actually right there if front of me.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misophonia
I have it too. When we eat dinner, I have to have some noise that will drown out the sounds of others eating. Crowded restaurant is fine because the din of chatter, plates and whatnot. At home I turn on the TV to a decent volume.

People who bring up "heavy" subjects for discussion during the meal.
I love discussing politics, religion etc. but save that stuff for when we're having drinks in smaller groups later.
When we're all at the table having a nice meal we should stick to inoffensive conversation that will not make anybody work up a temper or start crying. I do not understand why some people would want to have those debates at the dinner table.

Apart from that. People who are loud eaters, maybe they don't even close their mouth.

I already hate the asshole

My dad sounds like a fat girl with a cold and runny nose giving a blowjob when he eats.

He really is a sweet guy otherwise, but it takes a lot out of me when he does that shit.

I will kill that dog with a death by a million kisses

People putting salt on food before having tasted it.

in a row?

you're basically bathing in a fine patina of other peoples fecal matter, your own fecal matter, microscopic mites and worms and slugs slithering all over your food and your skin, living inside your hair follicles

you really can't stand someone sneezing near your food? did he sneeze on it? lmao

They are seven (girl) and nine (boy) so you tell me.

>Eating with a toddler or a child who lacks any manners.
>5 year olds
Well which is it? BTW, A toddler is a child 12 to 36 months old. I think you just hate kids because you still live with mommy.

does your waiter sneeze on you or your food when taking your order at a restaurant?

I didn't think so

"You're right. This is too good for a dog. Just throw it out instead. Out of respect for the chef"
You're a fucking idiot.

A lot of other anons have already mentioned the obvious pet peeves but there's a few things that really irritate me that haven't been mentioned.

>Picky eaters
Now when I refer to a picky eaters I mean someone who has to customize every meal they eat at a restaurant because they don't like this or that even if it's similar to something they've had.

>People that eat before dinner
Family does this nearly every time we agree to meet somewhere for dinner. There's nothing more awkward then being the only ones eating because everyone else ate a whole meal an hour before meeting up for dinner.

>people who go "AHHHHH" after every sip from their drink

holy fuck i have literally gotten up and left restaurants because of that

I do that because I have bitchy relatives that complain when they have the bill if you ate more than a morsel. They also are adamant about paying just for the right to bitch about it. So I kinda got used to either going hungry or eating first. Tho I'm sure that's not your case

$8 an hour, lol where the fuck do you live?

Is your uncle Jack?

Unfortunately dumbfuck bastards born in the 60s and 70s cannot into inflation, and thus think that food prices should remain the same for 50 goddamned years. To hell with keeping all the staff there, electricity costs, inspections, food waste during slow periods, gaslines, convection ovens, tilt skillets, griddles, chairs, crap to clean after idiots, napkins, and 3M chemicals to keep it all clean. Clearly food should cost what the raw ingredients do. So actual chefs end up working 10-20 hours on a low salary because you're cheap fucks.

No. I dont interact with people in real life.

Not even close to being true

Cost of eating out has outpaced inflation by miles for the last 20 years

>2014 being off the charts
I'm calling bullshit. I don't even care if you have sources, it is a blatant lie.

This so much. Makes me want to punch them in their stupid fucking face every time.

I have this one friend, if you go out in public with him for a meal and a drink he gets his phone out and starts watching funny YouTube videos while he's eating.
It's pretty annoying, he sits there laughing at his phone while he eats.
So I'm not left out of the fun he shows me the video after he watched it.

people who bite the fork

DOGGO NOT WORRY

I hate faggots who do this shit.

put the fucking phone away socialize and eat

This and people looking at me when i eat. I don't like when people look at me normally, let alone eating. What am i, a tiger from the zoo?

>at thanksgiving with relatives
>everyone sits down with their food
>women start eating
>men, eyes shifting around the table, reluctantly follow
>almost get distracted by how good the stuffing is this year
>female relative looks like she's about to say something
>me, my brother's, and my father's eyes widen, feel my anus immediately clench
>"Annie, this turkey is cooked just perfectly"
>oh god, that was close
>we all look back down at our food and go about our business
>start to relax, about to reach for a crescent roll
>my mother's head jolts up, big smile on her face
>oh fuck no please
>she swallows and puts down her fork
>seriously anything but this jesus christ
>"LET'S ALL GO AROUND THE TABLE AND SAY WHAT WE'RE THANKFUL FOR"

What were you thankful for this year, user?

why are dog owners so delusional and act like dogs are some kind of divine being? my parents would have beaten me if i gave good food to a fucking dog.

Eating out with friends who get the share meal option and then eat majority of it.

Eating out with friends who get the share meal option and ask for it to be extra spicy (off the menu level), then tell you what they did despite you only wanting spicy. I have no problem with spice, but I see this as rude.

Friends who only want to eat meat. I'm not vegetarian or vegan, however I just find that to be annoying on their behalf and embarrassing that they don't have an actual palette.

People proposing toasts.
Just stop.

The brother is like but even worse is the sound. There should be opera houses modeled after his mouth

>People chewing with their mouths open. Never fails to nauseate me.
>People who stare at me while I eat. Seriously, what's their deal? What the fuck do they want from me?
>People who talk to me and expect me to respond while I'm chewing my food. What, do you want to see three parts chewed-up pieces of chicken mixed with one part saliva up close? No? Let me finish chewing first, asshat!

>People who can't into greentext.

When the server comes back just a few moments after you get food just to ask how's everything while you're stuffing your face. I appreciate the the gesture but c'mon gimme a few minutes alone with my future food baby.

you also missed faggots who sneeze while you eat

Oh, Zeus. This. So much this. I recently attended a wedding and, okay, fair enough, toasts are to be expected. But the father of the bride toasted the couple for 20', our food was going cold, and in the end, his son had to cut him off. The whole room was visibly relieved -- until the son started toasting the couple himself. With a song he had created for the occasion.

That went on for 20'.

Fuck. They just have thin skin, really. If the people eat it up and want to take a bit home, who cares. It would be different if they said it was shit and then said we want to give it to the dog.

20 foot? Nice

When people comment on hotsauce/pepper on a my food.

>Whoa user you're suppose to TASTE THE FOOD!
>Trying to blow your ass out user?
>Wow user all those crushed red peppers trying to give me a sneezing attack over here
>Geez user anymore hotsauce and you might melt the plate

Also, any time Filipinos talk about food. Holy shit they have some of the worst fucking things about food

>take parents out to fancy place
>dad gets hamburger steak well done
>mom gets a house salad with ranch
>munch on the free bread stuff
>Wow user this is great!

>funny YouTube videos
Fuck every autistic cunt that does this as a filler for having a personality. No I don't want to watch your favorite cringe animations from 2005, no I don't want to watch "LIBERALS VS FACTS (BTFO EDITION) [NSFW]" I don't want to stare over your shoulder into you rphoen you fucking idiot.

What anime is this?