Aliens

Recommend me books about aliens.

Other urls found in this thread:

scribd.com/book/293094072
youtu.be/cyGFN-C40nQ
amazon.com/Silver-Screen-Saucers-Sorting-Hollywoods/dp/1910121118
youtu.be/zHzPEpHYtXQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How come they are always depicted naked and exposed? Makes no fucking sense.

The Andromeda Strain
:^)

it's not their skin. it's more like a spacesuit that allows them to travel between dimensions. however, it's linked so deeply with their natural born biological systems, responding like an organ to their every wish and need, it might as well be skin.

>How come they are always depicted naked and exposed
Because it's unsettling. Inhuman. That is the point

come now, i hope you seriously don't believe in such things. its a waste of time to read about so called "aliens" that aren't even real. so childish, you might as well read about the boogyman haha

>Implying a hyper-advanced alien civilization would not modify and enhance their bodies to the point that clothes would be unnecessary.

ayys are probably bulletproof and shit too.

Expedition by Wayne Barlowe. you can read it for free on Scribd

scribd.com/book/293094072

silver screen saucers

youtu.be/cyGFN-C40nQ
amazon.com/Silver-Screen-Saucers-Sorting-Hollywoods/dp/1910121118

>lanklets
>manlets
>massive lidless eyes and heads (easy targets)
>no shoes

>lanklets
biologically engineered superstrength without needless bulk
>manlets
see above
>massive lidless eyes and heads (easy targets)
their eyes and heads are bulletproof and laserproof of course
>no shoes
armored skin

I get your point, it's just that it seems like the stereotypical grey alien image was designed to be goofy rather than realistic and I find it funny when people see nothing wrong with it.

I know, I'm just fucking around. I think is probably right. Humanoid in shape but inhuman enough to be unsettling.

>capable of intergalactic travel
>still uses a club

It's not capable of intergalactic travel. It's a Stoneage ayy that the humans visit

The Hopkinsville Event is the scariest fucking alien story out there. There's just something so fucking horrifying about it. That's why it's my favorite of course, but jesus h christ. Spooky.

>jumping into conclussions before being acquainted with the subject at hand

You are pretty dumb.

I think the spoopiest thing about the Hopkinsville goblins is that they didn't walk, but floated around, and that they were impervious to shotgun shots.

That does not sound too spooky.

Nice try Xer'glo Bal'gromash, but you can't fool me.

Oh definitely. That's like checking off 10 of my top 15 nightmare checklists. The floating gives them something demonic, not just "creature I don't know and is spooky as shit"

Ok, imagine this. You live in a nice house in the woods in rural somewhere. The next house is two or three miles down the road. It's dark out. You're sitting on the porch of your house, drinking beer with a bud. Your wife and kids are inside cooking dinner and playing. Suddenly, you hear a noise. Out of the forest float these knee high, big headed goblins with glowing eyes. You and your friend run inside and grab your shotguns. Your kids have started screaming. Your wife is trying to get them to calm down. You and your friend run onto the porch and start shooting. They just keep coming. The blasts knock them back, but not for long. You have no idea what these fucking things are. There's dozens of them, just coming out of the woods. You don't know how to stop them, or why they're there. You don't know what they're going to do to you and your family if they get inside and you have a finite amount of ammunition.

That's the Hopkinsville event, except it happened to two families.

That's choice fuckin' horror.

Childhood's End by Arthur C. Clarke

Yeah or they were absolutely fucking hammered shooting at big ass owls.

whether it happened or not isn't relevant. It's about as plausible as the goat man.

also, having to fight off 3 dozen owls also sounds terrifying

His masters voice

Anything by Virginia Woolf.

The owl theory is pretty dumb, desu. Why would a group of owls harrass people for a whole night? And why would they stick around after being shot at multiple times?
Either they made it up (doubtful, as evidence of gunfire and damage to the house was found by the police) or were subject to an incredibly accomplished prank.

crippled america by donad trump

Because they're territorial and aren't necessarily afraid of loud noises.

>The western way is the correct way
Are you an anglo?

Skeptics can't call everything owls- you're losing credibility. Just say you don't know what they were, but they weren't aliens. That's fine.

Things that were "owls":
Mothman
flatwoods monster
Kelly-Hopkinsville goblins

Book of the New Sun

Wasn't there a "documentary" based on this?

If I was tripping it would make sense to make owls into mothmen, mosters and goblins. Trips can get real bad.

that's fair, but the hopkinsville event involved like 16 people.

16 people tripping during that time isn't exactly something hard to imagine, now is it?

The one I'm writing. It's gonna be good mate, I promise.

Kids included?

It is, when you're in the rural south and it's two families, not a rave.

Yeah.

youtu.be/zHzPEpHYtXQ

We've arranged a global civilization in which most crucial elements profoundly depend on science and technology. We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new. This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense.

Gullibility kills.

The War of the Worlds still has the most "alien" aliens I've ever seen depicted. There's something so neat and unsettling about the idea of encountering beings that are as far above us in terms of thought processes as we are above monkeys and lemurs. Aliens that don't communicate with us not because they think we're not worth their time, but because they don't even think we'd have the capability to understand them.

It's because they are not martians or whatever, but interdimensional beings. Read Crowlley, read about Jack Parsons, and read about the Roswell incident. If anything, they are closer to demons.

Hello Mark Frost, I still won't buy your book.

>implying they are not, in fact, demons, or sometimes fairies

Read up on the similarities between Medieval encounters with fairies and modern encounters with aliens.

>but interdimensional beings

What exactly does this mean?

user, I don't believe in Aliens. I'm just a fan of the topic

>implying demons and fairies aren't ayys

That they are interdimensional.

BUY

MY

BOOK

Well it's all a matter of emphasis, I suppose--a bit of a chicken or egg question. Are aliens fairies, or are fairies aliens? I tend to lean towards fairies being the true thing, but that's because in the old science/magic dichotomy I put more stock in magic. I'm very much a believer in the idea that Medieval writers weren't dicking around when they wrote treatises about the Fae. They were meant to be scholarly, after all, not tales.

wew

This will change how you interpret UFOs. Get redpilled.

starship troopers

does this count

Are they evil?

Yes, of course.

t. Stalker

Yes. That is why humans have an innate fear of them. Those who do not feel that sense of dread at the sight of an alien are themselves evil at heart and also first to come under their influence.

Humans have innate fear of a lot of things. That don't make them "evil"

Book of Enoch.