I challenge Veeky Forums to name me 1 non-toxic plant

I've been researching it for a while now, and basically every plant-based food has at least 1 toxin. All the fruits, all the vegetables, all nuts and seeds. I don't even have to bother proving it for every food, just google whatever food you want and add the word 'toxic' or 'danger' and you'll find it.

Granted, I'm not saying they instantly kill, but they are harmful toxins that are doing atrocities to your body.

Many vegetables have goitrogen which harms thyroid and can lead to its enlargement. Then there is oxalate in nearly all plant-based foods, which leads to kidney stones and poor absorption of metals and minerals. And if you research low oxalate foods, you still find other toxins, like cucurbitacin in cucumber.

There are no innate toxins in meat, fish or milk, unless we're not talking about parasites.

I challenge Veeky Forums to name me one plant-based food that lacks any toxins with harmful effects to human body.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garlic#Adverse_effects_and_toxicology
blog.paleohacks.com/top-11-goitrogenic-foods-thyroid-health/
oxalate.org/
kidney.org/atoz/content/kidneystones_prevent
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Garlic.

Can't, everything has at least one toxic b vitamin, of which all are rated hazardous to humans.

Turn your focus toward man made poisons please. You can't find a piece of bread in the US without 4 chemicals rated hazardous to humans by the NFPA.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garlic#Adverse_effects_and_toxicology

Are you the same guy who kept posting on Veeky Forums challenging people to find evidence of deadlifts ever causing spinal injury?

No, I have never even opened Veeky Forums.

The dose makes the poison

>they are harmful toxins that are doing atrocities to your body
Are they though? Celery can cause skin issues but how much would I have to eat before I actually experienced negative effects? Considering past experience I'm guess it's an amount greater than I'd ever care to eat. Plenty of things contain some form of cyanide but it's so little relative to the overall mass of the food that it doesn't matter.

>There are no innate toxins in meat
Not quite true, glossing over all the BS that ends up in modern food cooking pretty much any meat at a high temperature creates toxins, just not in any meaningful amount.

Honestly it seems like you're workshopping some anti-vegan pasta (and maybe I'm falling for one right now) but since most people eat both plants & meat I don't really see this going anywhere.

>Hey Italy you'd better stay away from those newfangled tomatoes, they might be super duper dangerous!
>t. some fag in the 1500s

>tomatoes
tomatine, solanine

Most plant poisons are actually healthy in small amounts, it's called hormesis. For example, brocolli has this effect on the liver.

Also, the same is true of animal foods; fish has mercury, red meat has this particular sugar that the body sees as toxic and mounts an inflammatory response against, chicken is high in arsenic, etc.

Those are not toxins but rather heavy metals. And my point was that basically all plants produce toxins in some forms because they don't want to be eaten. It deters some smaller animals and insects, while humans can tolerate it up to a point. It's not about proving something to someone, just a somewhat eye-opening finding, at least as for me. I wasn't much into foods before. And well, to me it implies that I want to limit plant-based foods to a certain point, something I wasn't thinking of before. Like, I never knew eating even small amounts of raw green vegetables can be really harmful.

>Like, I never knew eating even small amounts of raw green vegetables can be really harmful.

What? There's a huge wealth of peer-reviewed scientific studies on nutrition, and the one thing they all find is that more dark leafy veggies = better health - less risk of colon cancer, heart disease, etc.

>It's not about proving something to someone
I'm seeing plenty of red flags that indicate otherwise.

>I never knew eating even small amounts of raw green vegetables can be really harmful
Can it though? You haven't demonstrated that.

blog.paleohacks.com/top-11-goitrogenic-foods-thyroid-health/

>I'm seeing plenty of red flags that indicate otherwise.
Maybe the only one I'd like to prove something to is myself. Maybe I'm really missing a couple toxins free plant-based foods.
>Can it though? You haven't demonstrated that.
There was a story about one woman who ate some cruciferous vegetable raw every day, like 2-3 cups or something, and she died. But shit I can't find the link, maybe I'll find it later. This happens sometimes to people who live in rural places, rely on their veggies, and eat them raw.
Also, there are plenty of people who eat high oxalate foods and end up with kidney stones. And so on and so forth. What kind of proofs else do you need?

>What kind of proofs else do you need?
Well for one if you're going to use anecdotes cite them. You said "eating even small amounts of raw green vegetables can be really harmful" but I'm not seeing data to back that up outside of what'll likely boil down to people going overboard and/or folding up to things their body in particular cannot handle. Even that article you just posted says moderation, not avoidance, is key despite apparently being aimed at people who are already having thyroid trouble.

> paleohacks.com
> accurately portrays scientific consensus

Well fuck you both. I'm not here to google the research for you. Here's a website for you
oxalate.org/
it cites databases like USDA and lists contents of oxalate in foods. Recommended diet for prevention of formation of kidney stones is

>I'm not here to back up my claims
Saw that coming an hour ago.

>oxalate.org/
>It does not contain medical advice and there is no guarantee of accuracy.
>To interpret the data, please consult a medical professional.
Very convincing.

Meanwhile:
>kidney.org/atoz/content/kidneystones_prevent
>It's Not Just the Oxalate. Oxalate is naturally found in many foods, including fruits and vegetables, nuts and seeds, grains, legumes, and even chocolate and tea. Some examples of foods that contain high levels of oxalate include: peanuts, rhubarb, spinach, beets, chocolate and sweet potatoes. Moderating intake of these foods may be beneficial for people who form calcium oxalate stones, the leading type of kidney stones. A common misconception is that cutting the oxalate-rich foods in your diet alone will reduce the likelihood of forming calcium oxalate kidney stones. While in theory this might be true, this approach isn't smart from an overall health perspective. Most kidney stones are formed when oxalate binds to calcium while urine is produced by the kidneys. Instead: Eat and drink calcium and oxalate-rich foods together during a meal. In doing so, oxalate and calcium are more likely to bind to one another in the stomach and intestines before the kidneys begin processing, making it less likely that kidney stones will form.