Reading Nietzsche will change your fucking life and reprogram your brain

Reading Nietzsche will change your fucking life and reprogram your brain.

Why don't more people give him a shot? Fuck therapy become a lion, destroy the dragon , and live with the joy you had when you were a child again.

Other urls found in this thread:

leostrausscenter.uchicago.edu/sites/default/files/Nietzsche(1967).pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm trying to read him but, as a brainlet, most of the real knowledge goes over my head. I can read page after page and know the denotations of the words I'm reading and understand the sentence, but the "real meaning" of what he's writing escapes me, if that makes any sense. pls help

Easy answer: because he can be difficult to read correctly. Especially your bit from Zarathustra there - it requires a familiarity with his philosophical tradition that many (especially plebs) don't have. In fact, only a couple pages away from his bit about the metamorphoses, he explicitly states that widespread literacy devalues writing and that he's basically trying to be obtuse. Not that I think he's wrong to do so, but there you go.

That said, I totally agree with the sentiment. Uncle Freddy really can change your life.

where should I start then?

What if you didn't enjoy your childhood?

I have a lot of trouble too. If I don't understand something I post it here and people give always give examples.

I read pieces of another book called Ishmael that repeatedly said don't worry about understanding every single sentence fully. Uncle Freddy (like Thur previous poster) is taking you on a journey. Just worry about being in the present with an open mind. The book is about the journey. He made thus spoke Zarathustra read like the Bible for a reason.

Then you probably really need to perform this metamorphosis. He's clearly talking about the archetypal child rather than the reader's literal childhood, and if you didn't get that archetypal experience in your literal childhood, it could be very cathartic now. Additionally, Fred would tell you to get past trying to have revenge on this portion of your past, so try not to fixate on the perceived failure of the experience.

>babbys first existential crisis

Nietzsche died poor, crippled, and alone. This is a fitting end to crypto-fascism, his advocates will meet the same end.

>has no original ideas
>will change ur mind brah

Why say "crypto" as if we were trying to hide it? He openly states that nation-state fascism wasn't far enough.

>reading memetzchee when you could be reading the milkman instead

ideas and concepts are merely concepts and ideas. Cognitive understanding of concepts and application into real life is what is important. You can KNOW the idea, but until it is carried out in practice it is useless. Originality is the opiate of misguided heroes, but it is the elixir of free thinkers.

"Advocates"

Good post. Solid critique.

I really hate you.

>tfw I will never be his bro
>tfw he would probably hate me

Because why follow a man when you can follow God?

I've read the Antichrist. I didn't find anything particularly wrong with it, but I wish it amounted to something besides "Christianity made Life sad, I wish I was pagan (they said they treated women better)". And his elitist attitude toward his readership and himself rubbed me wrong; ironically neither him nor any of his supporters (including those I do like, and OP) seem to have their shit together, let alone embrace Life. I'll read another of his books if someone lends it to me/I find it cheap, or if someone comments something I'm really interested about it, but for now I have many other things to read and do.

That all sounds nice but when you grow the fuck up you realize that your problem isn't not being able to animorph into a fucking lion, your problem is very specific and it has to do with you and your appropriation to your environment. When you get to maturity you realize the absolute brutal and vulgar details of what you actually have to do, which is always specifically oriented to your time and place in the world, and never turning into lions and fighting dragons (that's fucking stupid).

Most people who claim lion hood and dragon slaying are usually the biggest vaginas when it comes to the actual alchemy of value creating and it's because most people don't realize that we are in a world that does a fantastic job of manufacturing and sustaining to individuality and rebellion within a system of confines. Imagine a fat white uncle named Sam spoiling you with freedom and commodities only that you let him rub your asshole from time to time. He takes you to buy your favorite studded choker, he brings you concerts, draws up entertainers by the dozen, he surrounds you with girls who've been thourouly beat into psychological submission, and YES jump in yolo everything is spooky.

And the music dies down, and the memories fade and you find yourself, again, in an all too familiar world of unknowlege and the question of YOUR life remains.

My own thoughts on Freddy is that he was a poor Apollonian. Apollo is yet to awaken. All we have done in the realm of thought is attempt to lay a foundation to be able to think. What lays before, as it did for your greatest of fathers, is a nothing short of a metaphysics for man to live by. An ideology that sustains him for the next thousand years.

It doesn't surprise me at all that on an anonymous anime board house find people interested in becoming a lion and slaying a dragon. At some point you have to, as the master once said, lay said childish things...

>Apollo is yet to awaken. All we have done in the realm of thought is attempt to lay a foundation to be able to think. An ideology that sustains him for the next thousand years.
Do explain further.

Continue.

I myself am rereading BGE and then GOM. For the thied time, and now this time around its quite clear what he's trying to do.

If you ask me, the new morality that would last a thousand years should be about reclaiming /repurposing monogamy, primarily heterosexual and reproductive, in order to survive long term space voyages.

It would also be about rebuilding a meritocratic aristocracy here on earth that is not centered around money or democracy.

But it also seems to be, at the end, that you should become the Chad-alpha that you wish to be, as against hiding behind books ideologies and herds. For truth is a woman. Ironically he couldn't live up to this but he says as much in places.

The realm of thought, the ability to think, that path, is beset by carnival attractions, most of which are of our own creation, meaning as much as we like to blame religion, ideology, etc. it is we who are responsible for this thoughtlessness. And the worst part is that, despite it being our responsibility, we are not at fault. This is unfortunate for the misanthropist because he can't blame the people, for they know not what thy do and yet the responsibility lay on their shoulders.

There is no return to some primordial state. There is no turning back. What we have done is enough, but now we are left to prune from the garden of thought what is true for us and to grow where we are planted. Now what we have is an orgy of people too afraid to really believe in anything and people too stupid to realize the answers for them is not the answer for others. So you got a bunch of hysterics in a university trying to overthrow something without being able to replace it. I don't disagree with the insurrection. It's just boring to think about. Here we are again, another uprising, another revolution, and the laws to establish will be written by those inspired by the power of the masses rather than the truth disclosed only to he who has earned the view from the peak of Olympus.

Until kings are philosophers and philosophers are kings- meaning- until those in power are truly powerful and those who are truly powerful are in power- the world will reach no new heights. This is the struggle. When all is said and done, the history of the world relies on those who seek the truth above all else and most important to let it speak through them

Nietzsche was anti fascist, you can look this up. He ended his relationship with Wagner because he was a fascist, and was pissed as hell that his sister was dating a fascist.

Nitezsche is cool because his mustache makes it impossible for him to kiss girls, that's cool

Yea it's all too easy for the guy last in the race to say "Hey were are running the wrong way"- and guess whose in first place now. He fucks himself because, on one hand, he's like "think with a hammer", don't let anyone think for you, and yet writes and thinks for you and doesn't want to be your new teacher but claims the role he doesn't want but is somehow being thrust upon him. Can you imagine the mental gymnastics going on in this German?

>If you ask me, the new morality that would last a thousand years should be about reclaiming /repurposing monogamy, primarily heterosexual and reproductive, in order to survive long term space voyages.
Interesting. I was wondering the other day how a reversal of the traditional configuration of monogamy (in which mother is body, father is spirit) would play out.

What do you envision user?

How will you prove you're not another rebel? What gives you certainty that you have the right mountain, and at the top you won't feel vertigo, or desire a higher peak, or cry for those who you've left bellow? And would you be willing to come down, or would you dive down like the eagle upon the lowly worms? What sign does your tribe have that tells them they are the ones that just weren't lucky enough to save the world?

Pardon my tests, but I'm weary of promises. I can't believe in victors who are still at war. Nor do I place much faith in metaphors, for they gladly turn into currency.

>How will you prove you're not another rebel?
The days of proving myself to anyone have long gone user

> What gives you certainty that you have the right mountain, and at the top you won't feel vertigo, or desire a higher peak, or cry for those who you've left bellow?

Embellishing is a way of hiding truth and concealing ignorance. I don't know what that sentence is trying ask.

And would you be willing to come down, or would you dive down like the eagle upon the lowly worms?

Cute visual, but for what purpose?

What sign does your tribe have that tells them they are the ones that just weren't lucky enough to save the world?

I can't even

>Nor do I place much faith in metaphors, for they gladly turn into currency.

I liked this a lot user. Platitudes, like money itself, has lost all value in trade and now only represent an obnoxious debt we owe to China and the Middle East.

>The days of proving myself to anyone have long gone user
That might be fine for yourself but I haven't lived your life.

>Embellishing is a way of hiding truth and concealing ignorance.
Wrong. Not all understanding can be gotten directly and/or all at once. Beauty and remembrance have their place and time. Plus, how does the "conceiving ignorance" apply when I'm the one asking questions?

>I don't know what that sentence is trying ask.
They're pretty simple metaphors!

Do you know that what you're striving for isn't the death of you? Are you rooting out discontentment and vacillance or will only make all this another achievement, then spring onto the next? Will you perpetuate yourself forever no matter what? Will you manipulate others with the truth? Do you think you're the first one that wanted to right the world?

What would the Philosopher Kings rule over? Bloated nanny states? Would they rule over the capitalists? Would they be arbiters for the Gladiator pits that test the will to overcome?

I guess Nietszche is extremely clear in one on one conversation with his readers. But he really leaves no answers.

He was primarily focused on destroying illusions. And was really only speaking to people who already sought answers in the Bible or in ideology or from churches or in other philosophers. I had a Marxist phase and an atheist phase and tried too mainline Christianity.

It boils down to him carving space for the individual who cannot will not or must not give in to group think. And so all the other ideas lies illusions and poses find their counterbalance. So they stop crucifying Messiahs, stoning harlots and sinners.

And nowadays he'd say we need the cruel individual to rise above the herd that wishes to abolish suffering.

The only thing I could get close to would be some kind of neo-zoroastrianism that takes the good from various monotheisms, builds up group structures that give people going on one-way space voyages strength to remain monogamous, stable, ordered.

Any way you slice it, long space voyages or space colonies will demand a return to the primitive strength of mankind, and the only way to do that is to cut against liberalism and democracy and the soft parts to build harder men and women willing to die for a real cause.

God, isn't Nisio just the best?

You could say I like my Nisio like I like my children: not running around aimlessly with hair cutting tools.

This is why I lurk and abstain from chanposting

I remember most of you are useless weebfags

Enjoy the herd

Good one, see you next time.

>destroy the dragon
When will Memerson die?

I just bought Beyond Good and Evil out of curiosity. Never read a philosophy book in my life. Are there any prerequisites, should I just dive right in, or am I fucked to begin with?

Inferred:
>He complains about people liking Japanese animation while having a sense of superiority for reading no less foreign ancient pederasts.

Factual:
>He thinks lurking is an uninvolving activity.
Thanks for the keys to your mind, mother fucker. Here's your wallet.

Does it actually end for there to be another?

Childhood is idolizing Jesus.
Adulthood is idolizing Nietzsche.
Sagehood is idolizing Plato.

He called a child, whom he put among them, and said, “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever becomes humble like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Emerson was one of Nietzsche's favorite writers. Not much in the way of 'mental gymnastics' here because this passage is almost entirely Emersonian. Meaning, Nietzsche ripped it off.

Came to post this..

>crypto-fascism
Spoted the Heidegger hater.

>If you ask me, the new morality that would last a thousand years should be about reclaiming /repurposing monogamy, primarily heterosexual and reproductive, in order to survive long term space voyages.
Stopped reading there. You can't criticize OP for wanting to ride dragons or whatever and then buy into the fantasy of a space-based future for humanity. You're still eating up a Cold War meme that most of the world has long since stopped really caring about and it's embarrassing.

You need to understand a ton of background information on philosophy just to understand him at all, and after that, his books aren't the easiest to read though.

Google the sentence and a lot of links will pop up

The relationship between Nietzsche's books and his readers can end up being as or more interesting than than the writings themselves (depending on which writings), because he doesn't write in the esoteric scholarly style. In one sense of the word he's more easy to read, because he's a writes well, but in another sense is harder because no matter how boring and dense scholarly prose may be, if you sift through it actually isn't ambiguous. Nietzsche likes being poetic, so he's ambiguous. Again, that makes the reading of the work as much of its own subject as the work.
I guess the good thing about it is that there's no conclusion in sight to "understanding Nietzsche", and embracing this fits what is the really valuable part of his philosophy. On the other hand, his aversion to convictions, and avoidance by way of ambiguity of making them has the disagreeable tendency of making everyone able to see their own philosophy in his. I say this is disagreeable because it exposes Nietzsche as posturing himself as assertive more than actually asserting. When you look at it, Plato, Kant, and Schopenhauer were way more aggressive philosophers than Nietzsche without having to be so rhetorically assertive. Being actually assertive while pretending to be modest, like Socrates always does, is actually a way better way to wave your dick like Nietzsche wants to.

the problem with a lot of Nietzsche readership and nearly all of Nietzsche scholarship is that it seeks to systematize Nietzsche's thought but Nietzsche was anti-systematic.
>I mistrust all systematizers and avoid them. The will to a system is a lack of integrity.

>Why don't more people give him a shot?

Because NEETzsche was an actual NEET who couldn't even hold a job with no requirements (teacher) and was content to do nothing with his life except jerk off and put tripe on paper.

>What would the Philosopher Kings rule over? Bloated nanny states? Would they rule over the capitalists? Would they be arbiters for the Gladiator pits that test the will to overcome?
They would rule over a NazBol utopia.

That's why he's so great. All he did was write quality books, fuck prostitutes and eat fruit. Living the life.

>waaaaahhh you need to be a wagecuck like me to live a meaningful life. Making money for my boss makes me superior.
o i am laffin

>>waaaaahhh you need to be a wagecuck like me to live a meaningful life. Making money for my boss makes me superior.

But this is what NEETzsche himself maintained. Except for when he contradicted himself with barely any awareness or shame, of course.

It isn't though. What Nietzsche maintained in crude terms is that you should do what you truly want to do at all times forever regardless of the consequences, in fact if the consequences are bad for you then that only made the fact that you did it even better. Not that 21st century NEETs generally resemble this, but neither does being a wagecuck.

If you read Nietzsche and come away thinking
>Aw yeah, I know what I need. To work in order to justify myself to other people.
You did it wrong.

>“Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever becomes humble like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
but many children think they're perfect and invincible

In this carping world of know-it-all selfists (I almost wrote 'autists,' but that medically justifies the PREVAILING condition) it's good to understand that there's always room for growth, more and ever more to learn, and that humility is the realistic natural attitude once the actuality of [our] condition is accepted. That and the maintenance of a kind of curiosity, interest, joy is what being like a child means here, although subsequent feelings of indestructibility may arise through faith, as well.

>know-it-all selfists (I almost wrote 'autists,' but that medically justifies the PREVAILING condition)
I'm not sure. I don't think Veeky Forums invented the use. I've seen Warhol being called autist (without any mentions of conditions) in at least one theory article (academic, of/c).

Anyways "one ought to keep their heart open and their trap shut", I s'pose.

Which of his works are you reading and what edition? Walter Kaufmann's Portable N. and Basic Writings of N. are both great for content and notes to help you along.

>reading (((Kaufmann)))

Because before Nietzche i need to read Spinoza, Kant, Hegel, Kierkeegard and Schoppenhauer first to understand Nietzsche alone

Not an argument.

Neechee doesn't denounce Christ-ianity, he denounces Christianity.
The difference is that between a the most pious monk and a DEUS VULT warmonger on /pol/

If you don't recognize the implied argument, you're cucked beyond all hope.

The thing he wants you to do is to piss on his grave, not leave flowers.
You can try thrusting it, too.
This is an anime website. You can go back to /r/eddit if you so desire, Letzter Mensch. I wouldn't want to OFFEND you.

Plato is for LARPing children.

I had a professor claim that he wasn't systematic enough. I don't understand why these people are hired.
There's no evidence, as far as I know, that he was even aware of Kierkegaard's existence. You don't have to know anything.

Why are you picking a fight with the poetic language? Do you have a problem with the allegories themselves or are you just trying to insult OP for getting excited about Zarathustra?

LARPing children are in charge, or haven't (you) noticed? Hitler (to offer an untimely.. instance) was one. 'Terror' requires such. Adults don't 'terrorize,' i.e. real ones. Terror, like Trix, is for kids.

I get that, but his lack of tact ended up making people conflate one with the other; that this seems to be recurrent when it comes to him only pushes me further away. Plus, it feels like backpedalling: nobody ever raises any kind of objection against Jesus himself, which makes the whole situation be completely the fault of the Apostles/the Church/whathaveyou--which is ridiculous. The issues in the most base of Christendom do have to do with what the highest Christianity is; but because we keep pretending that there's this magic class of person who was allowed by the divine vagina, because we don't have the skill and mettle to go step by step and instead comform ourselves with a poor mental portrait of these oh-so-great characters, we are incapable of discriminating really what it is that we look for in these men, what they are, and what they wanted to be.

Plato is the philosopher's philosopher.
What does Hitler have to do with Plato lol?

Just keep a dictionary close by invade you don't understand a word.

I cannot image it being very worthwile: not a page goes by without Fred refering to past philosophy, implicitely or explicitely.

It should still be a fun read. Even without background, you'll gain SOMETHING from it at least. You didn't pick the worst book to start with.

Childhood is idolizing a person.
Adulthood is seeing the underlying trends, drives, intellectual paradigms, instincts where the person is only a symptom of.
Sagehood is ...

becoming a body without organs.

>sagehood is ...
Recognizing that there is a divine logos knowable through natural and revealed religion.

good ad hominem, fucking faggot

Nietzsche is very good at introducing you to more problems you didn't know about, so you have more things to worry about.

He doesn't offer any solutions.

Really makes you think though.

Nice.

Haven't ever heard this reaction. Can you provide examples?

Reread every sentence till it clicks. I had to read most sentences five to ten times at first. Eventually I got used to it and the pace picked up a lot. Make it a rule, if you don't understand something don't move on. Force yourself to understand every word, every sarcastic jab, every obscure reference. Look stuff up constantly. Eventually it won't seem so tedious and you'll find that he's a hilarious and hugely insightful person.

just read thus spoke zarathustra and it's definitely encourage me to will and again and be creative again
i feel like fucking jim carey in yes man

>they're in-charge so they're correct
No, he's the idiot's philosopher. It just happens that so many philosophers were also idiots.

Look at these retards

thus begins ur going under bitch

That's the entire joke you moron, you either strive and overcome, or fall to the wayside.

He became a professor in his early 20s

brah ive already BEEN under
im one of those higher men he talks about
it inspired me to be creative, but shit is gay af
i want PUSSY ffs

Or hustle.. Or scheme.. Or

Baby out with the bathwater, except that there was no bathwater, and now the gif too is gone.

its very strange
i think i wouldnt be a christian without nietzsche

If Plato is not only the philosopher's philosopher, but ground zero for Western Philosophy in terms of how it's done (rhetorically in prose) then we are all LARPing children. I just cited an extreme, obvious case of yet another child pretending in his own (special) case to be 'pharaoh' of a 'third Rome' both of which after preternatural amounts of bloodshed proved the species of his thoroughly non-adult imagination. On the other hand, being 'an adult' in 2017 has more to do with putting on certain airs than anything actual except (the reactions subsequent to) having to pay taxes, purchase insurance, or pay in general.
In other words I thought initially that the LARPing children comment with respect to Plato was intended as a kind of insult, and perhaps it was. This doesn't necessarily mean that it was 'wrong,' however.

ok whatever thus begins your going under again
did you read the book even

Imagine being so weak willed and having such a weak character that a book can change your mind about anything

And what is allowed to change your mind without you being "weak willed" and having a "weak character"?

Shut up dickhead. Dickweed.

Imagine being such a dipshit manchild that you reject anything that makes you examine the structure of your ideas and the reasoning behind your behavior.

Lol bro why so tryhard? Why call me a manchild? Wtf does that even mean you dumb fuck

>makes you examine the structure of your ideas and the reasoning behind your behavior
LOOOOOOOL WHAT

>implying that the drones of society are right

Read through this lecture by Leo Strauss for a better understanding
leostrausscenter.uchicago.edu/sites/default/files/Nietzsche(1967).pdf