What's Veeky Forums's holiday baking project?

What's Veeky Forums's holiday baking project?

Don't be shy, I know there are some of you going all-out on cookies and cakes this season. I do it every year and gift my baking to friends and family. So what's the theme and what are you making?

I'm doing "cakes from around the world" with 2 classic desserts from each continent in the form of tiny cupcakes and truffles.
It was fun to find authentic recipes and ingredients. So far all I have finished is brigadeiros but my big baking days will be the next two.
Pic related is a cassata cake. I will be making tiny versions from sponge and ricotta.

No replies? Come on Veeky Forums let's talk baking

Are you that autistic girl from my school?

No dessert and treats for me. /keto/ here ;_; yesterday I almost caved and ate a ton of oatmeal raisin cookies

No, I'm far too old for school.

We have actually been doing keto but decided to give up for the holiday month because I HAVE to bake. How much weight have you lost? I'm down 50lbs in 3 months.

Good.
Anything she makes I throw out. She smells bad and is obese so I assume she has poor hygiene.

Well I'm really into body building and stuff so not a ton of weight but it's gotten me alot leaner. Also I feel really good which is good.

I'm trying to make these stupid penguin slice cookies and I fudged it up. The recipe is written weirdly and tells me to color more black and orange dough than I needed- I had to make extra so that I could complete one penguin-log. Now I don't know what to do with the rest or if they'll even turn out right.

I looked up what you're making and really like the cassata cake, I feel like that would taste so light and different.

I've seen those cookies posted around. They remind me of the panda taffy video. make some extra white dough to use up the rest of the colored stuff you have?

The thing I'm most excited to make for this project is snow skin moon cakes.

I think a keto diet is probably the best thing you can do for yourself as a bodybuilder. I've done tons of research on it and it just makes sense. Power to you.

i made a tiramisu buche de noel for a christmas party. i've made lebkuchen, pfeffernusse, gingerbread macarons with lemon buttercream filling, and florentine cookies. i've got a fruitcake marinating in brandy. i'm going to make some truffles. i'll probably make a choc/pb mousse cake for christmas.

>lebkuchen
Damn, I should have thought to do these because they'd have gone over really well with my family. My Europe picks are the cassata cake and the sachertorte. Tell me about your truffles user.

Making a croquembouche to take into work.

I had to look it up - I've seen them before but didn't know the name. That's impressive, have you made one before? Now I want to make individual size croquembouche bites to put in my gift boxes...

>Tell me about your truffles user
they'll be dark chocolate and i have some frangelico sitting around that i should use, then i'll roll them in ground hazelnuts.

>individual size croquembouche bites
you mean cream puffs?

I’m trying to learn candy making. I mostly just bake cookies but I would like to also do a cheesecake for Christmas. Never done one before though so I’m not betting my money on it. I made a successful batch of caramels though aside from pouring them onto wax paper that wasn’t even greased.

>you mean cream puffs?
Yeah, but with chocolate creme and caramel threads.

I've got a copper pot and originally wanted to do candy this year but I ran out of time not having any money earlier in the month.

It seems hard and scary though. Cheesecake is easy if you have the springform pan already. I do a 3-cheese with cream cheese, mascarpone, and ricotta and it's heavenly.

cheesecake isn't that hard. bake it in a waterbath (wrap the pan in a double-layer of foil or use a silicone pan around the springform) and when it's done baking, turn off the oven and let the cake sit in there undisturbed for an hour. then pull it out and let it cool to room temp before putting it in the fridge.

same thing every year, italian pastries

cannoli, rainbow cookies, struffola, etc plus some ginger bread men and typical christmas stuff

Cheesecake is easier than it looks. I did one after watching a food wishes video without any prior experience and it actually came out perfect apart from a little bit of a rough edge cause I went around with my knife too deep.

im going to make a stollen for my mom. with almond paste filling. does anyone here have experience with these? some comments online suggested that soaking the fruit in rum could kill the yeast and prevent the rise. should I worry about that?

My mother was Episcopalian, but she only ever made Christmas cookies.

Are Christmas cakes popular? I'm not really aware of hearing about them in America.

>Are Christmas cakes popular
I think usually besides the snacky cookies there's usually a big Christmas dessert like cake, trifle, pie that's served on Christmas day.

Usually I do cookies I'm only doing cakes this year to shake it up.