Not reading business books

>not reading business books
>never gonna take action
>Never gonna get that promotion or start that dream small business

Seriously business books are one of the few ways lit can actually improve your life.

Other urls found in this thread:

thegreatcourses.com/courses/money-management-skills.html
youtube.com/watch?v=wxb4uYnrE3E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i love business books and i've read so many of them, but the millionaire next door is stupid

>>Never gonna get that promotion or start that dream small business

Promotion means more and harder work and that's stupid and I hate work. Yeah you get more money but I don't want more money. And I don't have a dream business.

Any recommendations, then?

i'm not even opposed to pop finance books, but i just found millionaire next door had these weird cultural things that were stupid and had nothing to do with finance, like stuff against yuppies in condos etc. if it was rewritten today it would probably rail against bourgeois hipster techies etc. plus the advice is kind of common sense. it's ok i guess, i just found it unnecessarily opinionated. if you're going through those pop books then rich dad poor dad is ok, i mean there's some stupid shit in it like "quit your job to get motivated" or something like that, but the overall thesis of the thing that being smart but spending your life in a bureaucracy is limiting compared to entrepreneurship etc. and it's simple to read. you know what i found surprisingly good?

thegreatcourses.com/courses/money-management-skills.html

it was the "daily deal" on audible one day for like 2 bucks, i thought "dude i read so many finance, business, and self-help books, what is this gonna tell me new? but 2 bucks ok lets hear it" well it has a perspective of managing your money over your lifetime, and how to use loans (which is to say "other people's capital" to your advantage of the course of a lifetime, if you're one of those proletarian guys with a fear of taking loans of school or buying property etc. listen to it to get an insight into how rich motherfuckers use other people' money to leverage up

If you don't read this book you are missing out. Forget business, look into investing.

Most business books are just motivational stuff that could be summed up in a few sentences.

>live well below your means if you want to get rich
>invest your savings in low-cost ETFs, it's rly good
>don't sell in panic, just stay the course

I just saved you hundreds of dollars in business books.

that's personal finance not really the same as business books, and those are the most low risk ones, but then you get shit like the rich dad poor dad guy that is like "quit your job, and buy a bunch of rental properties until you own half the state"

Maybe, but my point still stands with other business books (not textbooks of course). It's often the same four of five points hammered through countless examples over 400 pages.

my brother

i think they sell well even tho they are repetitive because it helps refresh your commitment to investing, like you think "should i order this $500 pair of jeans off mrporter? hmmm, then you pirate some personal finance shit and listen while you workout and come home and say fuck those jeans, throw the $500 bucks in my roth" etc. but personally when i need some motivation to be miserly and hard working i just put this in on, that intro...

youtube.com/watch?v=wxb4uYnrE3E

>$500 pair of jeans
I'm rich and I dress well, but this is ludicrous. $100 is good enough.

Good post though.

1. I hate work
2. idgaf about money so that's okay
3. AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Canali is good, but never pay retail price. It's all over eBay or Yoox, new with tags, at the real prices.

this looks wack, but i learned of it from a yale online class, he gives away all the tribe's tricks

negotiate THIS
*unzips dick*

>negotiate THIS

that's his other book

Mo murder Mo homicide seems a bit redundant no?

well not all homicide is murder

>business books
Top kek. At least you didnt post kiyosaki.

>kiyosaki

i mentioned him, he sucks, but everyone should skim rich dad poor dad