I have £10 to go towards food until the 8th of January

I have £10 to go towards food until the 8th of January

I'm so screwed. What do I eat, pasta? Can I buy enough pasta with that to survive 20 days? Should I eat from bins?

Other urls found in this thread:

tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/272492432
tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/262876719
tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/256533772
tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/258423726
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

pasta rice or beans pick one if you're a big boy you could probably last a while without eating

Hope you like rice.

hit up homeless shelters and church's offering christmas and boxing day and new years dinner. gorge yourself. and maybe try food bins

dumpster dive you poor bastard

Lock yourself in your house and start eating your feces and drinking your urine.

The thing is I live in a small town where there aren't many restaurants or shelters

Go on food stamps

Nigger I lived off of $20 a month food budget.

The key is to buy in bulk. You have Internet, you can spend more right now to average out to $15/month.

Buy 20lb bag or pinto beans, 20lb bag of rice. Congrats, you will not go hungry for 6 Months and all you spent was $40.

Now each month all you need are things to make it interesting. Tortillas, cheap cheese, eggs, frozen vegetables, potatoes/carrots, salsa, etc.

Rice and beans with Salsa is your staple. Burritos and tacos next. Make some soups and stews with carrots and potatoes and beans. If you wanna splurge, cheap meat.

Learn to fucking budget and stop making excuses for being a fag

I'll keep this in mind for next time

Nice thumbnail looks like dead body with stomach cut open and food in it.

this and learn how to make a good stew AND you need a herb garden.

I used to make bean/beef stew with a spicy tomato sauce which i ate with rice.
I bought the cheapest fattiest cuts of meat, sear those add some cube veg and general soup veg of liking, toss in beans tomatoes and a bit of stock and let that simmer.
You can live a few days of one pot.
In general stews are your way to go.
With the 10 bucks until 8th of january, youre fucked. make a water fast.

It's only 20 days jeez. Unless you're already Auschwitz level you'll have no problem water fasting for 20 days lardass.

Buy some cheap Lidl multivitamins for your upcoming fast.

You can in fact last for a long time with just pasta, as long as you make your own and not buy from store. Buy flour instead and make some, all you need for pasta is flour and salt. A 2lbs bag which is about a kilogram makes 20 servings. So use the rest with canned tomatoes preferably the ones that already have oregano and basil in them, and there you go.

Fellow Britfag here. You can buy a 3kg bag of pasta for under £1 at Lidl or Aldi. You can buy a tin of tomstoes for 30p. Buy 20 of those (might be even cheaper I'm bulk), a tub of basil or mixed herbs for £1, a bag of onions for £1 and a block of cheese, and your dinner is more than sorted for £12. At Asda you can buy 15 eggs for £1.19, so buy two packs of those. Get a bag of Wholemeal flour and a few packets of yeast and bake some bread. Now you've spent around £15 do get some salt, pepper and butter for another £2 and you have a few quid left to spend on whatever greens you want. Frozen mixed veg is decent value at 95p per kg, so get two or three of those and you should be sorted.

>guy has to survive on 10 bucks for 20 days
>buy a herb garden
Veeky Forums, everyone.

You find out what day and time food is reduced. Do you have access to a freezer?

Tesco/whatever other local shops you have will reduce bread espically at the end of the day- often to 10p and under. They do the same with fruit and veg - I'd be tempted to try and stock up on your veg that way.

Is it rural?

You can find instructions for a bow and arrow or a catapult on the internet and get yourself some wood pigeon or pheasant or partridge.

Get a fishing rod. Pike and carp are very common.

Just go into a cornfield at night and milk some cows.

flour, water and a packet of raisins
flour and water is subsidized to cost nothing, all the bread you want for next to nothing if you bake it yourself
and if you feel like you've been a good boy you can pop in a single raisin.

I'd bet it all on a game of poker and see if I can double my money. If not, no harm, no foul.

Depending on where you are you could hit up a Christmas homeless shelter, just don't wash or shave for a few days

Do you have any excess fat on you? If so you can try intermittent fasting.

Depending on how cheap instant ramen is where you live (in most places it's only a few cents per packet), you might be able to live off that without fasting.

You can also try buying rice and/or beans in bulk (or at least as much as you can for £10).

If you have drink a lot of water and fill your stomach that way. It should also keep you from getting dehydrated.

Start selling or pawning your belongings, or go get a loan.

One of the greatest parts of existence

>I have £10 to go towards food until the 8th of January

I am going to assume you have water and a pot.

tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/272492432

Two bags of that gets you about a pound of rice per day, or 1600 calories per day.

That'll leave you hungry but not starving, with £3 left over.

Dry rice and dry pasta have about the same ratio of calories/pound, so if you can find pasta cheaper than rice, you can substitute some of that in.

To avoid going mad from boredom, spend that last £3 on one bag of these:

tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/262876719

and two bags of these:

tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/256533772

That's two kilos for twenty days, or 100 g each day with your rice. That'll be enough proteins to avoid getting protein deficiency.

And good luck, /user/.

Oh, and: Once you have money again, if you have enough, buy twenty kilos of rice to just have in your pantry. It's a relatively small one-time investment, it stores magically if kept dry (This means not above the stove where you're boiling water, too!) and it means the next time you have £10 for 20 days, you can spend it on flavor/veggies because you already have a calorie base.

Also I linked to Tescos, I'm not sure they're the cheapest where you live it's just the only UK store I know that has its selection available on the internet for me to browse prices.

kek. don't listen to this nigger.

I feel it's also worth mentioning that sometimes in the 'world food' sections of Tesco they can have bulk rice, noodles, pasta etc for cheaper than the rest of the store.

Potato

>I feel it's also worth mentioning that sometimes in the 'world food' sections of Tesco they can have bulk rice, noodles, pasta etc for cheaper than the rest of the store.

I think the rice I linked to was from the world foods section actually.

>Potato

Actually not a bad idea. Tescos (again) has potatoes for less than a pound per kilo

tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/258423726

so if you have a potato peeler, you can leave out one of the bags of rice and instead buy two of these bags. If you don't have a good place to store all this, buy the lentils and rice and ONE bag of potatoes, then don't return for more potatoes until you've finished the first bag.

Potatoes store well, but they do need a bit of cold and darkness.

t. schlomo goldenberg

Buy a chicken. They eat hardly anything. Free eggs. Eat some of the eggs, sell the others. But more chickens with your profits.

Soon you'll have a chicken and egg empire.

Do you have a way to cook? Cause you can live off bread and water for a while and you can get 5lb of flour for $1 from Dollar tree

(OP)
>I have £10

>Lock yourself in your house and start eating your feces and drinking your urine.

(OP)
>I have £10

>you need a herb garden.

(OP)
>I have £10

>Get a fishing rod.

(OP)
>I have £10

>Buy a chicken

Veeky Forums is the best.

Rice and water with beans if you can afford them. Use whatever seasonings you have left to spice it up, if you even have that luxury.

Buy flour and yeast, bake bread
Celebrate christmas with salted herring on bread or if you can afford it with some boiled potato
Traditional cuisine in my country

wait for starbuck to throw their "expired food" out during weekend, a friend of mine does this and some times the shit he finds amazes me, 4 days before expiry, once even a full week before it was supposed to go expired. I know in England (London) theres an App for this, where they can let you know where the food pick up location is.

Put some tents up on a muddy field and get your m8s to dress up in Santa and elf costumes. Maybe staple some antlers and bells onto some dogs ears.

Charge chav parents £25 a pop to show their offspring a magical winter wonderland.

worst post I've ever seen

Sell your boy pucci for gains

Fuck off, retard.

he can get a live chicken for 5 euros, and then he'll get an egg per day, and get to eat the fucker afterwards

the other 5 euros goes to rice

eat other boipussies for gains

chicken eat air???

What in the sweet fuck is wrong with you. Lurk moar.

Win/win

Why rice?

2 live chickens = 2 eggs per day. Eat an egg every day, when you have half a dozen spare eggs, sell them and buy another chicken.

Days 1 - 5 = 2 chickens
Day 6 - 9 = 3 chickens
Day 9 - 11 = 4 chickens
Day 11-13 = 5 chickens

Where are your chickens going to live?

There's trees everywhere. Just get some wood and make a henhouse.

chikin eat random shit if finds on the ground

in your house. don't be mean to your chickens.

Steal food. There's two ways to do this:

1. Shoplift. Steal the food you desire at your next supermarket. Be careful not to get caught.

2. Restaurants. Go to to a restaurant, scan the situation, maybe ask for a table close to an exit. Order a big meal, maybe with some extra sides, wait for the right moment and slip out unnoticed.

I've done these a few times and literally nothing happens to you!

I was genuinely in this situation user, but for a month.
I bought oats (50p), milk (fuck knows), sachets of vanilla sugar (about 30p for 10), cooking chocolate (about a quid), sachets of tomato soup (40p for 2 bowls),rice (quid for a bag), frozen veg (quid for a bag) and tuna (most expensive, quid for a tin).

For breakfast I'd have oats with melted chocolate, OR vanilla sugar, OR milk, on a sunday all 3. I have a really sweet tooth so it doesn't do me well to always only eat savoury.
For lunch I'd have tomato soup, gives me that compy feeling. Then dinner I'd have the rice, vegetables and tuna. For the first two weeks it was only wiht veg, but I began to feel weak.

And sometimes the idea of having the same thing AGAIN makes me feel sick, so I just skip the meal. Eventually I'll be hungry enough to eat whatever I have.
It's awful actually, I can't deviate from this diet now. If I have red meat, chicken, ice cream, alcohol, carbonara then I'll have diarrhoea/be sick/get a headache. But so long as I stick to it I feel healthy and full of energy like I never was before.

You are absolute trash.

go donate some plasma or pawn something.. that sounds so depressing

Go Lidl and buy rice, dried beans/lentils, couple onions and maybe a few eggs.

Go to the butcher and ask if he's got any bones for your dog (boil these with a bit of seasoning if you have any for a bit of flavour in the rice/bean combo).

Anyone know the youtube link about the image in OP?

Nevermind, found it. Thanks anyway and remember that Jesus loves you.

just dumpsterdive it's so much easier

Why would I dumpsterdive (am I some hippie?), when I can go to a great restaurant, have caesar salad, a filet mignon and some nice blueberry cheesecake crumble and just not pay for it?

bcus guys like you get raped in prison

Whoa, why would I go to prison? I already said I never got caught

Pasta will cover your calories, but you need more than that.

Eggs are cheap for protein and try to find some cheap vegetables.

Bcus you just confessed on a polynesian cat collectors boards. FBI is on their way to your location.

>polynesian cat collectors boards
kill yourself

Why do we always have these stupid fucking threads everyday? The answer will always be rice, beans, lentils. Every. Fucking. Time.

And stealing. You forgot stealing.

Steal, murder, and pillage old chap.

Ramen is usually available for at least 25p a pack, and less if you buy supermarket own-brand. Two of those is a meal for anyone. 20 days is 40 packs, one meal a day. 4 for a pound, that's £10 exactly. It's not fun, at all, but you can live on that.

So he'll get

conventional pasta is cheaper at weight, than ramen.

>the other 5 euros goes to rice
and don't pretend you're not a fatty. Use the occasion to lose some chub.

you have to go back

rice is a terribly poor source of nutrition

asia objects

they are wrong.

rice is not only extremely arduous interms of resources/energy to produce, but also has very little caloric or otherwise nutrition value.

380 cals per 100 gr dry like any other grain

It just has less vitamins but nothing you can't tough out for 20 days.

better off with pasta or potatos, and they probably cost less.

By bleach and battery acid and drink that.

Not him, but stealing out of necessity is a lot less shitty than stealing out of greed

Stealing is stealing m8.

Many shops and restaurants operate on shoestring budgets, often making losses for much of the year and the owners working all hours to make ends meet.

OP could work as a casual day labourer instead of resorting to stealing.

>better off with pasta

They are within 1% of each other, calorie/weight, and if you think 1 % is significant, then I am sorry to report that rice is 1% superior to pasta per weight of product.

Dry pasta: 3.71 kcal/gram
Dry rice: 3.74 kcal/gram

>am I some hippie

You've managed to be worse than a hippie, you're a thief.

How can you not have any food at home? i have enough to eat three times a day for 4 months just in the pantry and the freezer

fatty

Oooh, look at Mr. Whiteknight on his high horse.....

you need a grill in the thread to whiteknight you fucking moron. kys and never post here again.

literaly the saem

you're gonna fucking die mate

how unimaginative are you, you super retarded autist?

8th of Jan? I bet you're a student.

>>> Anonymous 12/19/17(Tue)21:21:43 No.9860893
>how unimaginative are you, you super retarded autist?

You put a lot of effort in user well done.
When I was skint it was the price of the gas or leccy to cook stuff that killed me.
I cooked rice by boiling water at work and half filling a Stanley flask with rice and topping it up then letting it sit till I got home.
I stole a set of condiments from weatherspoons and lived like this for 3months with occasional meals from friends and family.
I could have carried on indefinitely but my situation changed I remember a tv program about people surviving in Canada and they ate a few limpets a day and still managed to chop wood and shit.
It's all mental

8th of January is my birthday, thanks for reminding me that I am one year closer to death from liver failure

Collect scrap metal and donate plasma for extra cash

Go get paid retard. Mow a lawn, help an old lady organize her crap, clean out a garage. How do people like you survive this long even with 0 initiative or will to thrive?

coconut water and a pasty

Isn't it illegal to die in the UK?

Just ask the gubbermint to give you some NEET bux