Philosophy is value-judgments, not truth-judgments; the Enlightenment was wrong

Nietzsche:
>Greek philosophy seems to begin with an absurd notion, with the proposition that water is the primal origin and the womb of all things. Is it really necessary for us to take serious notice of this proposition? It is, and for three reasons. First, because it tells something about the primal origin of all things; second, because it does so in language devoid of image or fable, and finally, because contained in it, if only embryonically, is the thought, "all things are one." The first reason still leaves Thales in the company of the religious and the superstitious; the second takes him out of such company and shows him as a natural scientist, but the third makes him the first Greek philosopher.

>The Greek word designating "sage" is etymologically related to sapio, I taste, sapiens, he who tastes, sisyphos, the man of keenest taste. A sharp savoring and selecting, a meaningful discriminating, in other words, makes out the peculiar art of the philosopher, in the eyes of the people. The philosopher is not a man of intellect, if by stressing intellect one designates a person who can see to the success of his personal undertakings. [...] Philosophy is distinguied from science by its selectivity and its discrimination of the unusual, the astonishing, the difficult and the divine, just as it is distinguished from intellectual cleverness by its emphasis on the useless. Science rushes headlong, without selectivity, without "taste," at whatever is knowable, in the blind desire to know all at any cost. Philosophical thinking, on the other hand, is ever on the scent of those things which are most worth knowing, the great and the important insights.

His tone is so fucking unbearable

The Enlightenment wasn't Greek!

Go back to lacan you cuck

Where's that from? On the Genealogy of Morality?

Philosophy in the Tragic Age of the Greeks.

Thanks. Any particular translations to look out for?

Marianne Cowan's is fine. Keep in mind it's unfinished and thus never officially published by Nietzsche.

Yes it was, sickeningly Greek. I can smell the olive oil just thinking about it...

Value-judgements are superior to truth-judgements because truth is nonexistent. Yes, this is a value-judgement. Value-judgements under the guise of truth-judgements are pretentious piss. Yes, pretentious is a value-judgement. It is not so much that they are wrong truthwise, but valuewise. They seem wrong, they are disgusting. Their writing is bulbous and awkward. They hide their awkward bumbling over notions of truth with terrible prose instead of complementing their values with effective prose.

Not only is the Enlightenment wrong, but it is disgusting. Whenever I see that iconic portrait of Descartes, there is nothing more I want to do then smash his smug face in. I can just imagine that smug cunt speaking. I imagine he sounds like Yvon. Same with every other slimy frog.

No u

Philosophy thinks about astonishing stuff, okay.
>next page

Nietzsche was still operating on an outdated understanding of Pre-Socratic philosophers. What he did not knew is that Thales was a civil legislator (as most eminent philosophers were), and that his naturalistic accounts were meant to be metaphors to justify his own policies (which, as we know pointed towards a fluid and organic society, a noble goal after all).

>implying value isn't a subset of truth

He was a paid Jewish shill undermining Western culture

If you're gonna rave about snake plots to undermine individuals of power, why are you defending truth? That's contradictory.

Truth and value are the same thing as are mind and matter which are connected in the Forms. Learn2plato

>fluid and organic society
>good
Stop shoving politics into everything, Marxist.
Plato is an irrelevant hack.

>hurr durr nietzsche invented nihilism
The Greeks dealt with the same metaphysical issues we deal with today. Technology has gone up. And thinkers have gone down.

>hurr durr neechee is a nihilist lmao *doesnt shave armpits*

>Stop shoving politics into everything, Marxist.
Thales is just one example, you retard. What I've said applies to most Pre-socratic naturalist philosophers.

You shave your armpits, bro? Kinda gay...

>implying Nietzsche's entire corpus isn't entirely devoted to overcoming the problem of nihilism just as plato once did

You're shoving politics into them all, then.
You're illiterate.

>calls others illiterate
>doesn't even realize his first post is nonsensical cause no one called nietzsche a nihilist and his buttflustered fandom for nietzsche caused him to prematurely ejaculate a post

That's not what I meant.

>Stop shoving politics into everything, Marxist.

As if Nietzsche didn't do that. He was a dialectical materialist.

>believes in the spook of time
Have fun reading your super cool "post-"enlightenment"" philosophers and listening to atheism podcasts. I'll be smoking kush and telling undergrad qts about eros and agape.

>old hags
>cute

I'm teaching philosophy at a kindergarden so I can get dem sweet lolis.

>666
Disgusting.

>materialist
Jesus christ dude, at least read a LITTLE bit of the man before speaking about him.

lmao you fucking fool. nietzsche studied the greeks and knew more about them than you ever will. Also, you clearly know nothing baout nietzsche, go ahead and read "On the Prejudices of Philosophers".

>After examining philosophers between the lines with a sharp eye for a sufficient length of time, I tell myself the following: we must consider even the greatest part of conscious thinking among the instinctual activities.

>Collectively they take up a position as if they had discovered and arrived at their real opinions through the self-development of a cool, pure, god-like disinterested dialectic (in contrast to the mystics of all ranks, who are more honest than they are and more stupid with their talk of “inspiration”—), while basically they defend with reasons sought out after the fact.

>They are all advocates who do not want to call themselves that.

How will Plato ever recover

Which book is this?

Nonsense.

Go back to /pol/ please.

By reaching his final form.

>"sage"
what did he mean by this?