I'm fat and I've gone about 40 hours now without eating. So far I'm feeling good and have lost 2 kilos (126 to 124)...

I'm fat and I've gone about 40 hours now without eating. So far I'm feeling good and have lost 2 kilos (126 to 124). How long can I keep it up without dying? Is fasting a viable way to lose weight? I was thinking one day on one day off would be good but I don't really know.

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.plos.org/obesitypanacea/2011/05/13/the-science-of-starvation-how-long-can-humans-survive-without-food-or-water/
tdeecalculator.net
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Are you drinking water, or did you just lose two kills of water weight?

blogs.plos.org/obesitypanacea/2011/05/13/the-science-of-starvation-how-long-can-humans-survive-without-food-or-water/

Try once a week and maybe one day with only 1 or 2 meals

I'm drinking tons of water whenever I feel hungry.

If you're gonna do it it needs to be controlled, don't just start fasting.

>How long can I keep it up without dying?
Depends how much fat you have. At 124 kg, you can go a fairly long time.
>Is fasting a viable way to lose weight?
Yes. Consume lots of water and salt.
>I was thinking one day on one day off would be good
Alternate day fasting is a commonly used protocol.

You're doing absolutely nothing. Unlike you, your body isn't retarded and is going to start conserving fat when it thinks it's starving. So all you're doing when you starve yourself is making yourself miserable and ensuring that the next meal you eat gains everything right back.

Fasting and all its variations are just different forms of the same shit we've seen in the past with extreme calorie restriction. For the majority of people, these sorts of diets end up in a diet-binge cycle that doesn't help with long term weight loss.
Can you be one of the people who manages to do it successfully? Maybe. But most likely not. Seriously if Veeky Forums is saying fasting is the new big thing you know you should probably not bother with it.

Why do people try all this stupid shit instead of just eating less calories and exercising?

That's literally all you have to do OP. Eat less and work out more. It's 100% foolproof method to lose weight.

>i'm clueless but i'll post anyway

>I'm a dyel who posts on /fast/

After a few days it will. Don't overdo fasting just like you don't overdo eating. In the long run this guy is right you will inevitably grow or shrink to the size sustained by what you regularly consume

You’ll lose it but you’ll gain back quickly.

>Calculate your TDEE
tdeecalculator.net
>Scroll down to Macronutrients
>Select Cutting
>Take note of the calories and macros
>Use MyFitnessPal or equivalent app to log food according to the specified calories and macros for cutting
>Google which foods are ideal sources of these macros. You want lean protein, complex carbs, poly/monounsaturated fat.
>Learn to plan meals so you can effectively hit your macro goals while having foods you'll enjoy
>Eat
>Check progress every week or two, recalculate TDEE to maintain steady cut
>Switch to Maintenance once you've reached your goal weight

Depending on how fat and healthy you are you could keep it up until you lost all weight, however if you don't consume any salt you won't be able to retain enough water and over a long period of time it will damage your kidneys and if you don't eat anything it will fuck up your stomach and you will develop an ulcer
Instead of eating nothing you could snack 4 times a day on fruit and other healthy stuff for a total of 400-500 calories Wich is still well below what you should be eating and avoid fucking up your body

I broke my fast with some Christmas cookies at a work party goddamnit.

This is quantifiably false. A myth perpetuated by deluded hamplanets looking for an excuse.

Fasting is just about the worst way to lose weight unless you intend for the weight loss to be temporary, as in for wrestling, boxing, or acting.

3month

its easier to fast because the hunger goes away in day 4-5 plus your body need breaks its not healthy to stuff your face daily may in burgerland but ameritards even no humans

Maybe if you ate food your brain would have enough energy to form an intelligible sentence.

I've been eating about once every three days for the last six weeks or so. I haven't weighed myself, but there's a significant amount of clothing in my closet that I can wear again without feeling ridiculous.

t.butthurtedAmeritard

If you drink plenty of water some salt and vitamins u can live a long time without food. Read up on water fasting.

You will drop weight like crazy after awhile but its pure torture.

Some Reddit fag did it for like 3 months and lost a crazy amount of weight.

It's better to go for keto then. You will feel almost no hunger but won't be in starvation mode

Just get food poisoning

>brain only works with carbs
>eats fat and brotein
sounds like a good idea burgertard

>retard ignores that brain works on ketone bodies as well and your body is able to do glycogenesis
Kill yourself, fat brainlet

im 183/67 anonfriend and todays my 11th day waterfast and the hunger is completely gone feels weird

>citation needed