How do i improve my attention span, Veeky Forums? i always drop a book after reading 50 or some pages

how do i improve my attention span, Veeky Forums? i always drop a book after reading 50 or some pages.
yes, i pick books that i am interested in, but the same shit happens

(the only books i've finished was the antichrist and the death of ivan ilyich, maybe because they're short as fuck)

Literally listening to crack-up right now. Fleet foxes are based af, faggot.

You have an internet addiction, pick up a hobby or do something productive with your time other than sitting around pressing F5 all day and thinking "Oh I'll read 'x' book in an hour" repeatedly until you fall asleep.

cool but can you help me

It's called being an adult.

Kill yourself and hope you reincarnate as someone who isn't autistic

so this is the power of the pseuds... woah...

Read short stories. You'll get used to being stuck in reading and feel like you finished what you started which should cause positive reinforcement

You should also create habits and routines for your life. If you have a job that allows it you should go to sleep at roughly the same time. Then go for a walk first thing in a morning, and eventually turn that into going for a run first thing in the morning.

Maybe plan out your days with an agenda? Google calendar is pretty good. If you start planning out tomorrow everyday you should fill up your day with things to do rather than wondering what you should already be doing

Also quit being a faggot

At least I can read a book

Montaigne could only read for about half an hour at a time, and was perhaps the most learned person ever. Its not a problem.

Amphetamines.

Treat it like practice like you would for any other activity. Pick a time of day (before bed is often good) and pick a limit: either an amount of time or pages

This. You don't have to read doorstopper after doorstopper. Short stories, poems, plays are just as legitimate. When you decide you have enough time to engage something more massive do it.
Also don't feel bad if you have to take a break after a few chapters and read something else. When you watch a TV show you can take a 1 year break and still pick up from where you left.

50 pages are pretty good for one sitting, what's the problem.

Take Adderall.

Just read Borges and get used to it. Then move to maybe Cechov and Pushkin, since you're already into Russian literature. At this stage what matters is that you read, what you read is almost irrelevant.

Also stop being a pussy, there is no "I can't do it". What's the worse that can happen if you deliberately decide to force yourself into reading a long book? Do you think you'll have a mental breakdown, or that you'll die of a brain swelling?
You don't have a problem with reading, you've got a problem with discipline: you can't even begin to think to get bored for 2 hours a day (and getting bored is the absolute worst case scenario when reading a book).

Fortunately reading will teach you at the very least mental discipline, especially if you either focus on philosophy or actually analyze the literature and poetry you're reqding. Once you'll get used to it, and once you'll discover that you're now much smarter and quicker when it comes to reasoning and thinking, you'll just understand that you can technically learn to do anything you want. Hopefully from there you'll start improving, abandoning your currently weak, defeatist persona.

y'all cowards don't even smoke crack

That's what I was thinking too. Kinda felt bad till I've read your comment, like the eternal pleb I am.

This. 50 Pages is probably more than most people can stand reading in one sitting. I start drifting to other thoughts involuntarily after about 20 pages sometimes.

My man, Fleet Foxes are good as shit

Yeah but helplessness blues sux

Crack-Up is their masterpiece

The fuck out of here, Blues was good

I didn't initially care for Helplessness Blues but I'd say it's some of their best work

>"Ruffle the fur of the collie 'neath the table!"
>"I have borrowed all of my lonesome life!"

This is how you spot the pleb

TL, DR

Go two weeks Internet/phone sober. Also meditate.

This

Not only can you not explain why that lyric is bad, but you also are trying to separate the lyric from the music it was written to compliment

You're not a pleb, you're a dumbass

Don't see the problem with either of those

Dawgs, the point is it was a saccharine, overwrought rehashing of the same ideas from their s/t with more complex and added instrument arrangements.

Also, the pairings of lyrics/music in the turns of the album as a whole are obviously more ponderous, dense, and thoughtful than HB. Complement*

Just read short books. There are tons of good short books.