What are some good WW1 novels?

Iam looking for something from Western front, since i have read tons of (Czechoslovak) "legionnaire literature" so i would like to see different battlefield. French or German would be best, but British point of view is ok as well.

Storm of Steel

Good Soldier Sveik

Im Westen Nichts Neues
Goodbye to All That
Seconding first poster about Storm of Steel

This.

Also Greenmantle.

All Quiet on the Western Front
A Farewell to Arms

Is Against the Day considered a WWI novel?

This are nu-male WW1 books
Real men read Storm of Steel

bump

Regeneration by Pat Barker.

Henri Barbusse- Under Fire.
Perhaps Ford Madox Ford's Parade's End-

Fighting the Flying Circus was enjoyable and by the man himself, Eddie Rickenbacker.

Local library has L´Enfer and Le Feu, are those good?

>all these fucking casuals

THE FORGOTTEN SOLDIER

L'Enfer doesn't have anything to do with war, although it is a good book in my opinion. Le Feu is good but tendentious.

Storm of Steel is one of the best books I've ever read, totally recommend it.

Are you sure that you talk about the same war?

Le Feu (Under Fire in English) was written in 1916 while Barbusse was convalescing after his third trip forward. L'enfer was written some years before the war. Le Feu is very good, solid, realistic.

>Storm of Steel
>the part where he slept through a artillery barrage that hit the house he was staying in.
Ernst was one crazy mother fucker

>posting a WW2 novel

Moravagine, easily.

Junger mentioned alot here, but his more mature novels are better. White Cliffs and Glass Bees in particular.

read Storm of Steel

Against the Day, but not for usual reasons.

Le Feu is solid, a classic, much admired by Céline who was very discriminating.

Speaking of which, Céline's Journey to the End of the Night begins with a masterful narration of WW1 action.

the greatest piece of ww1 literature I have read is In Parenthesis by David Jones

>T. S. Eliot called it "a work of genius." W. H. Auden considered it "a masterpiece," "the greatest book about the First World War" that he had read, a work in which Jones did "for the British and the Germans what Homer did for the Greeks and the Trojans" in "a masterpiece" comparable in quality to The Divine Comedy

Poilu Louis Barthas

I read Birdsong in school. Never could quite decide if I actually liked it, though.