How common is it to be able to find ground pork at the grocery store? I made some pork meatballs like a month ago...

How common is it to be able to find ground pork at the grocery store? I made some pork meatballs like a month ago, and then when I went to the same store today as I did then, they didn't have any. I texted my girl about being pissed they didn't have it and she said she literally never sees it. Is it uncommon for them to carry it? She said I'd have to go to a butcher. I'm pretty sure that's bullshit

At my store its the same thing sometimes they have it sometimes they dont

Tell me what city you live in.

very common in flyoverland.

Philadelphia

Certain foods don't sell well during the whole week, and some sell much better during holidays and such so the store might only order it for certain occasions (to reduce waste and shrink). Why not just ask the someone in the store? They might be able to order it special just for you if possible, I know we do.

Just ask the butcher to grind some up for you, sperglord

This, how fucking dumb are you ?

I haven't really been attempting to shop/eat like an adult for very long, I didn't know that was a thing. So pretty dumb, if you want

Hmm... I've never been to Philadelphia but I just did a little bit of googling.

The real trick to finding products like that is you can't shop at a big name grocery store, you gotta shop at the smaller, shittier, neighborhood-type grocery stores.

Look in Cousin's. That looks like the type of place I'm talking about.

^
smoked salmon and cream cheese sushi

Good idea, thanks

>products like that
>it's hard to find ground pork in a big name grocery store
Any place that has an actual meat counter with people behind it will either have it or be able to grind it for you. It's a staple. Slower locations don't put it on display because it turns faster than they'll move it.

At my store we ground the pork in house. It's always there.

True, but usually it's a lot cheaper to buy ground pork, or """country sausage""" from the scrap meat which is like 89 cents a pound, than it is to have somebody grind up legit pork chops, and pay like $4 a pound.

Sometimes you need to go way out into redneck territory to find a deal like that, and get it in the deli of a ShurFine gas station.

Not uncommon. It's standard in the Asian market. If you have trouble getting it, just grind your own. You can make pretty decent ground meat in a food processor.

>country sausage
that stuff is already seasoned though right?

Usually it's seasoned with copious amounts of black pepper to slightly mask the scent that it's made of ground up anuses, but you get used to it

is this even real? do you live in a third world Philadelphia in bizzaro world? i can go to any grocery store hell even half the gas stations and they have pork and bacon in Olympia Washington

you're good man
i live in a 300,000 people city and not all grocers carry it in stock
italian sausage is a lot more common and i think in most situations you can use that instead
kroger usually has ground pork, it's the smaller stores that don't always have it

I think you're missing the operative word: ground

Yes, which makes it ideal for meatballs and breakfast but not much else.