How do I stop waking up in the middle of the night every single time I drink after like 6pm? is this normal?

how do I stop waking up in the middle of the night every single time I drink after like 6pm? is this normal?

Stop drinking late at night. Basically your body gets jolted back awake once it clears all the booze out of your system, so even small night caps can wake you up.

I thought i was the only one. Weird.

dummy its your booze alarm clock it means drink moar and go back to sleep

>economic agency per capita the graph

How do I stop waking up at 7am then get tired at 10am, When I work afternoon shift???

Is this implying the more you drink, the smarter you are? Or that smart people typically drink more because they're fucking sick of all the dumb people around them?

Also, very relateable thread. Got off work at 3:30pm, started drinking at 4pm, passed out somewhere around 7pm, and just woke up at 12am.

Thinking about downing some cough syrup with codeine I just got (sick) to get back to sleep.

>believing any study with an R^2 of >.999
ffs they chose a mix of countries and continents, it's obviously fake, and even if it weren't, it would be a carefully selected group in order to get such a high R^2. On top of that, it's just a correlation and there's no reason to assume causation given the plethora of alternative variables to explain the relationship.

>korea
is it drinks or all the fermented stuff they eat?

Why the fuck are you getting up at 7am if you work afternoon? I don't get up till 2 hours before my shift.

I wake up at 7am but don't get out of bed, can't fall asleep. But from 11am on sleep like a baby. Bought a sleeping mask, stopped drinking before bed, no luck.
Think my body might be on that 27hr thing.

What time do you eat after waking up? Try not eating until 11-12 if you wanna sleep in later.

Tfw to intelligent too be sober

>Israel 69

Hold the fuck up. Someting is not right.

I drink to forget the idiots who breathe the same air as me. So that chart is probably correct.

They go to college and develop drinking problems. Also a fuckload of poor people are rampant alcoholics.

Not everybody has the same bio clock. I dont wake up till around 10 pm give or take unless i fall asleep before 6.

neither, it's total nonsense in chart form

Have a coffee no sugar don't eat till 1pm. Wake up half a dozen times and go back to sleep before 7am, that's when I can't get back to sleep, so I sorta plan my day till I can go back to sleep.

(not interested in sleeping pill, just a schedule that would work)
Looking into that 27hr body clock theory

27 hour body clock is bullshit pseudoscience. It's common sense that in a population of 7 billion some of us will have bio clocks that shift towards nocturnal sleep patterns thanks to evolutionary deviation.

Alcohol is a depressant and has a particular effect of reducing REM sleep- when you sleep after a few drinks you sort of skip an REM stage and move into a deeper sleep earlier. It is normal for you to wake up a little after finishing a deep sleep stage, we all do, but we don't fully wake up. After that we slip back down into REM and deep sleep eventually. Trouble is, alcohol is a depressant and so also suppresses activity in areas of the brain that prevent you from waking during sleep, so you're more likely to wake up.

Nightcaps do not help you sleep better. Alcohol can make it easier for you to sleep if you believe it can (the placebo effect), but past that it will not improve sleep quality or restfulness.

T. Psychology major.

Question: What kind of regulations do European countries have on alcohol?

I'm thinking off those countries where polling people will have them saying they're very happy, but they also have astronomical suicide rates.
If there was a second correlation there where they also had lots of Nanny-state drinking regulations, that would be interesting.

Look Major, your "science" of study functions as a cult-like collective of knowitall's that actually cure nothing and offer no concrete answers. How about you pratice actual medicine.

>major
Lol

Suggestions?

Did they not do a study where subjects , where placed in an environment with no direct Sun-lite, and some fell into a 27hr cycle.

I drink all the time but I’ve never had this problem. Guess I’m the weird one?

You're just a heavy sleeper, or you're drinking a LOT.

If you keep it up it's almost guaranteed to happen to you eventually
t. 28 alcoholic