Reading and immersing myself in literature--reading and writing--has turned me into an introvert. What gives...

Reading and immersing myself in literature--reading and writing--has turned me into an introvert. What gives, Veeky Forums? Did I get meme'd?

Nothing wrong with introversion (the good, focused & productive kind, not that faggy muh depression/anxiety type). Besides you can easily switch back and forth if you really want to.

I hate your shit thread.

Being passionate about reading and writing has made me a shut-in. It's a vastly superior way of life, and I get annoyed if I am asked to be around people now.

Rude

What if i'm productive but also still have really bad anxiety?

Introverts will inherit the earth.

Enjoy discovering yourself

Remove anxiety

How so?

haha the le WHOA maymay is good i love cronsh baddicob

Reading and immersing myself in literature--reading and writing--has turned me into a pretentious pseud who has disappointed down his conservative family and lost all sense of self respect. But it's too late for me. I love it too much.

I can't.

Do it.

> tfw will never find a cutie, introvert Veeky Forums bf.

No, you didn't get memed, you're just misconstruing the causal connection here.

Literature didn't "turn you into an introvert." You turned yourself into an introvert because you think it's what you need to do to be considered "literary."

This is false. Joyce was an extrovert. Hemingway. Fitzgerald. Byron. Billiam Bakesbeare, and even, depending on who you ask, Pynchon.

The meme is believing that in order to be literary you have to be a pathetic beta. Don't change for others user.

Don't. Find someone that makes you want to get out of your comfort zone.

I do things out of my comfort zone all the time. Lately, I have been craving sitting at home with someone other than myself and reading.

Dude, you're gay.

...okay.

>implying I did this intentionally

Maybe not intentionally, but certainly subconsciously.

reeee

>This is false. Joyce was an extrovert. Hemingway. Fitzgerald. Byron. Billiam Bakesbeare, and even, depending on who you ask, Pynchon.
Are you citing these jokes as excellent authors to prove a point? Because I can easily cite mos of history's great thinkers as depressed introverts.

Have you tried drugs?

>Joyce
>extrovert

as far as we know, no

>wanting a beta manchild as a bf

Grow up, seriously.

see That's all I really want. If that makes me immature, than so be it.

you'll get tired of this person very quickly.

This. You will get tired of him. Find someone that makes you want to get out of home. Introvert people can be interesting but at the same time they have some issues with themselves and will get tired of you really quickly. They mostly just want to be alone.

Fair enough. I have both introvert and extrovert tendencies, and sometimes forget the need to just want to be alone, and how draining other people can be.

And so should your bf, a two dimensional character isn't a good partner.

Man you people really have no clue what you're talking about

have you tried killing yourself degenerate druggie

Thats why you never ask for advice on Veeky Forums, literally just memes on memes.

I didn't ask for advice. I made a statement.

introversion and extroversion are terms from a questionnaire, not what you are, stop trying to make yourself into a commodified persona of a ~literary person~

But what if two dimensional is what I'm looking for? I've been with "extroverted" partners, and found them utterly exhausting.

No one is two dimensional in the same way a movie character is, if you want a man just to be a side-kick in your life and not a complete human being with his own hopes and dreams and which you'll have to adapt yourself accordingly, then you are just no ready.

I don't want hollywoods definition of the "perfect man". And I would never squash another's hopes and dreams just to have them as my "side-kick". I want a balance. I want to be able to live my own life, and him to live his own life, but still be able to maintain a healthy and positive relationship. I don't want a one sided relationship, I've been in too many of those, and know for a fact that they always end in heartbreak. I want to love someone for who they are, and I want someone to love me for who I am. No games, no bullshit.