Why do you write?

Other urls found in this thread:

theinfatuation.com/contributor/taylor-abrams
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because I must.

because this amazing food critic inspires me to improve my craft

theinfatuation.com/contributor/taylor-abrams

>It isn't Guy Fieri

Because in order to understand the external world, I must retreat to the internal world and understand it first. And in order to make sense of the symbols in the internal (dreamworld), I need to expose them in the physical, I.e. Words, sentences, stories.

Because I'm miserable.

So, retreat —> Analyze —> Synthesize (Return)

Because I want to talk to unrefined strangers on an anonymous imageboard.

>unrefined strangers
Rude!

I write for the white race.

Because to not would mean letting the idea fester, and to fester is to infect. If I wish to keep my mind clear and sound, I must make my image of a possible reality more than an image; a psuedo-creation, of sorts, for the purpose of catharsis.

>every page a drained abscess

Because it's the only thing I've got left. "All I have been left is the exhausting habit of trying to tack up the slack in my life with words."

because i need more academic titles

this

Necessary means of communication.

To change the world.
Bring about the apocalypse.
You know, the norm.

It calms me and is fulfilling. Though I've been very lazy about it.

I don't but I should.
I have a lot of great ideas but I'm too lazy to write them down.

It's the only thing I do well

Cause I hate talking to people, so I write.
Also trying to help people with muh writing.

I don't know. I used to write with vague ambitions of one day making a living at it. But the industry is so hilariously oversaturated, and I don't have the mental fortitude to fight that kind of uphill battle for years (potentially my whole life).

Currently I'm writing simply to refine my craft. I try not to think about what I'll end up doing with my stories.