Extinct animals you want to eat. Pic related, i guess it would taste like stork or crane, maybe a hint of duck too

Extinct animals you want to eat. Pic related, i guess it would taste like stork or crane, maybe a hint of duck too.

Would eating Neanderthal be considered / too close to cannibalism?

I want to eat Unicorn meat, I wonder if it would taste like normal horsemeat.

It's about the same as eating pork now desu

Penguins and seals are reportedly borderline inedible; EXTREMELY gamey fishy and super oily by all reports (I've never had myself). I assume that'd be more of the same. Arctic/Antarctic explorers stuck eating nothing but for months/years wrote about how vile it is, and in Canada for decades the government tried to get people to eat seal without success (to provide political cover for seal clubbing; same as Japs will pretend to like horrible whale/dolphin meat, muh heritage).

Unironically I'd love to try mammoth, since our ancestors would have feasted. Elephant is probably similar although I'd assume leaner and so less tasty.

It'd be like eating Abos, desu

this tasty plump little bastard

Apparently it tasted like shit, but hey, it was easy eating

>animals taste like other animals they phenotypically resemble

It would probably taste exquisite after months of weevil laced hardtack and salted pork on board a ship.

I bet a large plant eating dinosaur would be tasty

it would just taste like chicken since dinosaurs are birds

The lesser of two meals, sir?

Only Therapods were really, the plant eaters would probably be more reptile like in flavor.

i_understand_that_reference.gif

And being quadrupeds, they would have a lot more tender muscles.
Bipeds are always tense what with the standing and balancing.
Imagine the ribs of a sauropod. 20 feet of delicate muscle

This.
Just like how all mammals taste the same.
Or all birds, for that matter.

Never mind the extinct species – where can I try stork or crane?

You can just go and hunt a sandhill crane in America (not a whooping crane, though, since they're endangered). Not sure about where to get stork meat.

Reviewbrah used to have a storker. Maybe you can ask him.

Have you had stork meat?

Answer the question please: