I either lose page numbers/Table of contents, or it's formatted shit...

I either lose page numbers/Table of contents, or it's formatted shit. How do I actually use this software to turn PDFs/ePUBs into Kindle readable formats. It's so fucking frustrating!

epubs convert effortlessly to mobi
with pdf, you're either fucked, or not. You have no choice in the matter, and there isn't another option. If the pdf is straight text, you have a high chance of it working fine. It it's not, then there isn't a point.

Trying to read a sentence that is arbitrarily

broken up drives me up the goddamn wall, and frankly, if the ebook on kindle is less than 5 bucks, just get it there, or pan the internet for better editions.

I do epub to Mobi, and I either lose table of contents or It's stupidly broken up

well I don't know what to tell you. I've never had that problem. maybe your calibre is glitching, try updating it, then, try deinstalling and reinstalling

I just wanted to let fellow anons know that there is a program named Briss to cut PDFs' borders and make them readable (most of the time) on kindle

Are you sure your epubs aren't fucked to begin with? epub>mobi are almost the same format

You can try cropping the pdf and running it as pdf on kindle.

>You can try cropping the pdf and running it as pdf on kindle.
Could you be more specific? I've tried cropping, but somehow I seem to fuck it up. I can't find a full crop option, only for the title page.

If you are converting pdfs, stop.

Its better to use briss (open source pdf cropping) to trim the page numbers, headers, and margins and just read the pdf. You can also use acrobat to do this and remove meta data

Epubs convert to azw3 (which is epub with the ability to attach amazon drm) and mobi no problem.

It pleases me that you're all plebs that can't do pdf to epub. It takes me about a half hour to go from pdf to ~90% perfect epub. The user that mentioned briss is a cool dude though. Everyone should know about that.

>thinking OCR works just as well on everything
No wonder half an hour of your time is worth less than the price of a book

>not doing the bulk of your reading and clerical work at your job
t. freeman

Use Briss to cut off the footers and headers. Then convert using calibre. It has worked excellently for me

>a program named Briss to cut PDFs' borders

is this some kind of sick joke?

Oy vey!

Had 1-in-4 success with pdf now it's 9-in-10 that are converted error free.

had >with pdf, you're either fucked, or not.
Used to think the same that it was hit or miss with pdf. Son, it all comes down to tweaking the settings. Simple as that.

It's still true that you're fucked if the pdf doesn't contain any actual text, but images that look like perfect print

>Supporting the kindle jew that is literally 100% responsible for conversion issues by refusing to support open formats

You deserve your suffering.

I think it's hilarious. Took me a minute after I read the name to go 'wait...'

I've had very mixed results with PDFs, but epubs always work well going to azw3. I don't really pay much attention to Tables of Contents, though. I often remove them from my files, because I just don't use them on an e-reader.

If you're starting with a PDF you are fucked before you even begin. Look for a proper ebook format or get a tablet to read PDFs.

Alas, I think you're correct.

what's better than the kindle? kobo? tablet?

The kindle is the best in a few way. The highlighting works better on the kindle than kobo, much better. I also really like that you can email stuff to it. I keep my kindle at work since I can email most things right to it. I have an Aura One and installed koreader in it and I absolutely love it. It kinda sucks at highlighting but I mostly take notes on paper anyway.

i think basic vanilla kobo firmware (kobo nickel) is just fine. unlike kindle, kobo continually improves over their issues

as an addendum: i had been using my wife's kindle and really liked how they showed a preview of foot-/endnotes without leaving the page.

alright, go back to my aura one. damn, it skips to the back of the book for this endnote. THE NEXT DAY, an update was pushed that fixed this issue and others. kobo is like a psychic santa claus

t. user who doesnt read non-fiction or books deeper than the Veeky Forums or reddit top 100.

Tablets if you are reading scholarly articles or at university and do most of your reading for school. Kindle DX was an option but they are an antique.

If you read on your kindle for pleasure, kobo or kindle doesnt matter. Even old Nooks.