Is the ability to eat/tolerate spicy food something that can be trained or do some people just genetically can't eat...

Is the ability to eat/tolerate spicy food something that can be trained or do some people just genetically can't eat spicy food (people with IBS).
I bought this the other day and added some vegies and it was pretty fucking hot. I didn't cry or anything but I was sweating and sniffling by the time I finished the noodles. I also downed half bottle of water.

Can I train myself to eat spicy food by eating spicy food?

i have user when i was a teen i didnt eat green bell peppers hell even radishes

It's all a matter of acquiring the taste. Just get some of this salsa and try a tiny bit at a time. Eventually you will be able to tolerate it better.

You definitely can, but that doesn't mean you'll ever come to enjoy spicy food, just tolerate it

the heat reaction of spicy food is similar to a drug

the pain gives off a drug response in the brain that makes you feel good, which is why people enjoy eating spicy food

the more you eat, the more your body learns to counter-act the spicy heat and the hotter ingredients you will need. people only eat "triple ghost pepper death heat" shit because they're so numbed to spice they need it just to get their high.

it an addiction, that grows on ya

This.

I didn't used to crave spicy food, usually ordered things mild. Slowly over time my tastes changed and now I regularly eat disgusting novelty hot sauces.

Yes. I deliberately bought a package of those and they got easier to eat each time. The first one kicked my ass though.

i cant enjoy a lot of meals without insane amounts of spice added to the dish. i dont know if my taste buds are just deteriorating at the point or what. but i would recommend not trying to condition yourself to handle super spicy shit. it can really fuck with your digestive system. eat those 2x sam yang noodles for an entire week straight and you'll see

I've had this before. Literally the only time I've ever had a bad reaction to spicy food
I was drunk and just chowing down. Was totally fine at the beginning but Jesus Christ it built up

Good salsa though

that's the truth. I hated spicy food when I was younger, then I somehow got accidentally addicted to it in ever increasing and spicier quantities. Now I am chilli master

I have IBS and yeah, can't do anything spicier than ramen nowadays. I once ate 7 jalapenos in a row when I was younger, but even then that was too much--not on my stomach, but on my tongue.

I hope so. Im getting tired of Asians and Indians telling me
>oh I'm only going to put 1 chilli in it but normally I put 15!!
without even asking me how much I'd like.

But yes I normally only want 1.

Yeah you can train yourself.

My friend and I just try to get the hottest stuff possible for the meme, but in day to day I don't like to get mega hot stuff because the other flavours are lost.

They say if it burns going in it'll burn coming out. But I have never experienced this. I am unable produce spicy turds. My body just absorbs the fire.

I love spicy food but my body doesn't take it super well. I sweat, especially my forehead, my eyes water, and my nose runs bad. Doesn't stop me though, I still go to this great authentic Thai place and punish myself weekly.

this shit doesn't happen though, if anything it's waipipo overcompensating and going
>DON'T HOLD BACK, I CAN HANDLE IT, YOU DIDN'T MAKE IT WEAK JUST FOR ME DID YOU? HUH? HUH?
and he's mopping the sweat off his forehead and it's a dish that doesn't even have any chilis in it, and none were added either

I'm not saying all of you are like this but you and I both know the guy I'm talking about. I wish whites would stop acting like everything that isn't crustless wonder bread with mayonnaise on it is some kind of weird masculinity test.

I poured a bunch of scorpion pepper sauce on hot wings and thought I was going to die, I could feel the inside of my ears burning, the taste wasn't really good either, but I do like eating spicy stuff when having a stuffy nose, instantly clears it up.

Yes you can. [spoiler]I hope you don't stir-fry that thing and add the sauce at the pan, since it reduce the spiciness. Just strain the noodle, add the sauce and eat it for maximum spiciness[/spoiler]

>Can I train myself to eat spicy food by eating spicy food?
eat another one tomorrow and see for yourself faggot

It can be trained. Start with using chili on instant noodles spice packets. Then to sriracha. Then to tabasco. Then to real chilli peppers.
I used to be afraid of it. Now I eat ground chilli peppers, not even that faggot hot sauce.
Anyone who say otherwise is a soyboy feminist shill.
Don't believe them.