Tfw Newton's 3rd law of thermodynamics means that all suns...

>tfw Newton's 3rd law of thermodynamics means that all suns, planets and life will die and that everything in the end will be evenly dispersed under the principle of total entropy

>tfw the universe is doomed to become nothing

how do you deal with this thought, bros?

>heat death is so far away that humans will either be extinct or be so advanced as to stop/avoid it
>our current understanding may be wrong (see the great attractor)
Pick one and don't worry about it

i like to take my mind off it by reading and discussing books

if this is true why hasn't it already happened

by coming to grips with the fact that i will be dead far before any of these things become relevant. i just want to read some books. maybe even write one. not for immortality's sake but for the fuck of it.

>what is time
holy fuck my friend.

still haven't answered my question

think of the entropy as a matter of time. over a time period, from a beginning point of zero entropy, it progresses to a point of total entropy. we are somewhere along this timeline, and are at neither ultimate point, so, it's a given that things that are to happen at the point of total entropy haven't happened yet.

I'm a mystic

>from a beginning point of zero entropy

no proof of this at all

i'm operating by the guidelines of the law, not attempting to prove to you that the law is valid. if you want that, look elsewhere, maybe Veeky Forums.

The heat death of the universe is so massive an event, and spread out over such a length of time that humans can only really relate to it with metaphor.

>Newton's 3rd law of thermodynamics
come on

Thought is an illusion a few billion years in the making. Total heat death is some trillions of years away. You might as well ask how the ants feel about oil running out.

The knowledge of it doesn't change anything about my day to day life.
I wake up, I go to work, I get off, I shitpost.
The sun rises and sets, and there's nothing I can do about it, and why should I bother it, really?

By not believing everything that science tells us just because they claim to be an authority despite most of them knowing nothing of philosophy.

we will keep discovering ways on how were going to die. because it will take that much to give us something to live for, ironically. we feel a global guilt that everyone knows. more shit to distract us. more shit to motivate us. while a few percent of people have plans that the majority wont even know about or even care about for the most part.

We still don't know if the universe has enough mass in it for gravity to pull it all back together, or keep expand into non existance

it's topics like this that remind me being well-educated doesn't always help with basic logic.

2nd Law.

ITT: Talentless hacks

It's incorrect. Science is invalid.
>proving a law
epin meme

He's point at me...

damn...

>Newton's 3rd law of thermodynamics
what the fuck man

>or be so advanced as to stop/avoid it

kek lay off the sci-fi dude

>how do you deal with this thought, bros?
By accepting that this is the way nature works? What the fuck am I supposed to do about it?

>Newton
try Tesla

damn...

work on going off on tangents a lot more

and things always swing back

there is no progress
there is no end point

just one cosmic dance

Its beatiful, isnt it?

>self-proclaimed skeptics believe everything "science" tells them
I only believe that which I can prove (analytically) myself

You really are one dumb piece of shit

Let me guess, you don't believe in global warming, do you?

Newton didn't posit the third law of thermodynamics.

It has, countless times before.

t. brainlet

>beliving in some bullshit multiverse theory

I ask why. And then why again. And it all comes down to we don't know shit about the nature of the universe or its origin, why should we premise to know its end?

t. brainlet

>urethra pussy

It's just a fancier new way of saying "We're all gonna die."

Life could arguably be described as the constant battle against entropy. At some point cosmic entropy will become a (the last) problem for us. But we have bigger issues than that right now.

REEEEEEEEE STIO REJECTING NY IDEOLOGY

Why would you? there are far worse ecological concerns