I saw a girl riding the train today. She was reading 1984

I saw a girl riding the train today. She was reading 1984.

The first thing that came to me?

> pleb

What have you done to me, Veeky Forums?

Are you in Sydney?

Well she is a pleb. We made you smart enough to realise it.

So you've never read 1984, yet you claim to know someone's a pleb for reading it?

I think this if I see someone reading on a train and the book isn't something I would read.

Like, you would never say that to their faces - that's insulting - but everything is safe in my little mind vault.

Try to guess what number I'm thinking. I'll wait.

I have. Baby's first book, literally. Now popular because Trump (lol).

did you approach her and suggest some good literature instead of the vomit she's reading?

Yes i am. Was that you?

So you're a pleb, seeing you read it.

Yes
>tfw he didn't even say anything

Protected you from plebs.

Why would I say it's shit without first having read it?

So, why is someone a pleb when they're reading it, maybe the girl thought it was shit too. Try to think before posting next time.

Got to read it eventually to form an opinion, user.

Can't dismiss someone as pleb just because they haven't discovered a book being shit after you have.

Say hi next time dude. Im the girl with blonde hair

I meant black sorry

just wondering OP, are you a virgin

I read it when I was 12

Was she qt?

Black hair. And no shes not asian. She's discussing it on our discord as we speak

She is a girl. Try to think before posting next time.

She should've done it when she was in middle school, though, that's the point. But at her age (18+)? Absolute pleb for still reading that garbage.

>1984
>pleb

It's entry-level patrician

Should've said it to her face then. Shes on the discord i go to. Im more than happy to give you the invite so you can tell her that on voice.

Ok give it then retard. I'll also tell her she is a piece of trash that should be put down just to show you not everyone is a pussy.

1984 is an excellent novel. However, nearly everyone misunderstood it and now sees literally everything they don't agree with in the world as "orwellian".
Same thing happened with V for Vendetta, another interesting work that unfortunately fucked people in the head. Ask anyone wearing a Guy Fawkes mask who that guy is, most will just say it's the "V mask".

>Now popular because Trump
What is The Handmaid's Tale

>tfw am currently reading it

GvGC3E

Her username is 'nisem'

Is this dude coming?? I wanna see him fight her

He pussied out.

No one has joined

I read it at 23 because I never had the chance to read it in school and so I just decided to pick up a copy.

It's like people who just discover reading and begin with school-core books like Of Mice and Men and Romeo & Juliet. It's a starting point most of Veeky Forums has probably moved on from but to move on from it, you need to go through it first.

I don't expect a newfag to Veeky Forums to dive straight into Mason & Dixon.

Fuck you nisem dumbass chink cunt

OP you're going to talk to her next time, right?

>Do you consider yourself an intellectual?

>She should've done it when she was in middle school

if you mean read in school the only books we were required to read in high school were grapes of wrath and the kite runner

people complained grapes of wrath was too hard and long

it was AP english

When I was in middle school the required reading was Gatsby and Pride and Prejudice. I've read most classics but never got around to 1984 until now because I've always been more interested in nonfiction and as a result spent little time on fiction. I don't see how that's a problem.

Bro, a girl reading, let alone any classic literature is a good thing. It might be an entry-level classic, but it's still a great book and one step closer to being a patrish qt. Who knows, aside from the larping in this thread, she could've been rereading it for college or something.

Shit, nigga. I can't remember much from middle school, but we read some pretty good shit in grammar school.

>mfw plebs don't understand the literary merit of 1984

>hating Orwell
Only if you are a retarded sandnigger with no taste.

Has OP disappeared?

>M-muh lit.

Agatha Christie wrote better prose.

Did that sink in?

His motifs aren't subtle, and he uses pleonasms. Litrially pleb-tier.

Worse than that?

You can't read a political novel, recommended becuase of a political climate, and then claim you're unable to achieve disinterested contemplation... Which means you're unable to appreciate any aesthetic. So it's no longer art, it's just genre fictitious .

Pleb-tier genre ficition.

UNIRONICALLY TRIGGERED

>be around in the city
>see someone comment on something or other
>think "fucking normies"
>mfw

But they're cheap

> I don't expect a newfag to Veeky Forums to dive straight into Mason & Dixon.
>tfw tried reading 1984 in 8th grade, never finished
>tfw my first Veeky Forums books were Moby Dick and V.
>tfw read Moby Dick aged 14, V. aged 15
Geez, I feel a genius

The first that that come to me is how the lefties reignited interest in it after Trump won, because it's babby's first authoritarianism. Unfortunately it was them doing all the Orwellian shit like thought crimes and censorship. But they just insist "No actually it's you" and fail to see the irony.

Nope, works like War and Peace are entry-level patrician. 1984 is in the pleb category still, though it rates highly in patricianity in that particular category

You should have slipped her a note that said "I love you" as you got off the train.

Really thought it was strange that 1984 became popular among people who effectively went along with what many large media outlets were reporting (and treated it all as gospel).
All along not seeming to realize the book's messages.

Reminds me of the politicians suggesting Atlas Shrugged be mandatory reading for public high school.

If you see a cute girl and the first thing the comes in your mind isn't how does she look like naked then there's something really wrong with you.

A lot of young people (myself included I'll admit) are very much like Julia. Opposed to the shittyness that surrounds us, and have no aims to conform, but rebel only personally and for selfish reasons, falling in line to the established rules whenever it would be bad to be seen dissenting.

His prose is not bad at all

You're just looking for excuses to dislike the book since the amount of normies who quote it frustrates you, since you see literature as some elitist form of validating what you feel to be your cultural/intellectual superiority

People like you would be singing the book's praises if it remained unknown to the public

>try to guess what number I'm thinking
1488?

is OP ded?

Literally no girl ever wants to be harassed in the train, stop larping.

not true!

If he didn't act like a total sperg (which is probably to be expected) I wouldn't have minded.

>there are people on Veeky Forums who actually believe Orwell is for plebs

Pathetic and sad.

She sounds like a fucking loser, why are you mad?

>Now popular because Trump (lol).
Are you retarded? Orwell hated liberals. He literally would have voted for Trump if he were alive and American today.

hahahahahahahahahahaha

That doesn't make his statement any less true. In the same way that a lot of business owners identifying with Ayn Rand characters when they're more like the leeching bureaucrats than the Dionyson magnates.

His statement is fucking retarded because 1984 has always been popular, it has nothing to do with Trump. Are you new or just simple, people were clamoring all over it in the fucking Bush administration alone, let alone the Obama administration.

And don't even get me started on how the British feel about it.

Yeah its big resurgence in sales actually came when the NSA leaks came out