Sentences or phrases you can get away with in Literature but not in speech

>...much to my chagrin..
>...I implore you to...
>...I reckon you.... (aussies do not apply)

>(aussies do not apply)
be'en a bit of a racist mate

I knew a guy who would use "nevertheless" all the time in speech and I realized that I've almost never heard anyone else use it in speech before.

Anyway I started using it myself.

"I reckon" is pretty common though, at least where I live.

I only hear aussies to say reckon, most people would just say I think

Why not nonetheless? Less syllables and less tryhardy

Might be a regional thing, but I think typically "nevertheless" comes at the beginning of a sentence, while "nonetheless" comes at the end of a sentence.

where I am in australia very few people say
>I reckon
it's mainly used like really?
>you reckon?
>yeah man

not sure if I reckon is really a widely used australianism unlike cunt or oi.

>My case is hard, but yet am I not so desperat as to reuenge it vpon my selfe

I barely ever use fancy words aloud because I always subconsciously add sylobols and letters to words, or rearrange letters in my mind. It makes no difference when reading because even if I'm prounouncing something completly wrong in my mind, I still understand everything. Spellcheck usually helps typing. But if I speak aloud I sound retarded and end up saying words no one has ever heard before. Adding random t's, L's and extra vowls is most common.

Is this what dyslexia is?

why not say really then?

its more syllables to say you reckon?

>why use a word when there is a less syllabic counterpart

You have autism my friend.

>betwixt or 'twixt

I used to live in a small, affluent city in the southern US, where "nevertheless" would be pronounced "nev-da-less."

>I am feeling rather gay today

>upon
>cast

Im irish and people drop reckon. Heard chagrin as well it's not that people don't use it anymore it just isn't used as much. Implore as well

>you pulled a real Gregory Berrycone there!

muh Celine though

same. people use conditionals and weird forms of speech here though more commonly that in other english speaking places. slang between cities is hardly intelligible to each other either so knowing more formal english and a range of dialects means you're more likely to get out of athlone or whatever shithole you happened in.

>that in other
*than in other english speaking places

q.v.

cute peepee