Whats a good desert to make for christmas?

whats a good desert to make for christmas?
im spending christmas with my uncle and his rich friends and i dont want to show up empty handed but i havent ever made desert beyond helping my mom bake a lemon or apple pie when i was a kid
and i want to show up with something good

I prefer the Kalahari

bump

If you haven't ever really made a dessert and you want to impress a bunch of people you don't know on Christmas, 4 days away, may I suggest you go with whatever you decide trying but also splashing out to buy something as a backup instead of taking the chance. Don't set yourself up for disappointment, if it doesn't work out, you can experiment, really work on your baking this year and then try again next Christmas afresh. Good luck.

Honestly, I always like a good pie. Make a chocolate chip pecan pie, it isn't hard to bake and it's delicious.

i could buy something last minute if i fuck up i guess
i was thinking something simple like chocolate mousse made with really good chocolate, i cook all the time, how hard can dessert be?

Banana bread is easy as fuck

It doesn't have to be hard but if you're setting out to impress, it might take a little more than doing a mousse. That's assuming you're after the inheritance, though. Otherwise, just go with what you'd most like to eat yourself -- safest way to produce a good result is to know what the end product *should* taste like.

PS: I would vote against a pie As good as it sounds on paper, assume that the meal will already be a rich, heavy, luxurious affair seeing as we're talking about Christmas and rich people. I'd suggest something lighter - perhaps something involving meringue instead of cream and such. A layered coffee/almond, or choco/hazelnut meringue cake is easy to make, holds well in the fridge so you can make ahead in case of a potential fuck up, looks impressive, and is rather light compared to the usual.

>it might take a little more than doing a mousse
what if its a really good mousse? like the perfect balance between bitter and sweet, really thick and really creamy?
i dont want to impress them, but i want them to say this is pretty good

>uncle
>rich "friends"

I hope you brought your ass cream.

>rich, heavy, luxurious affair
not really, they are pretty wealthy but they all own their own buisnesses and are too busy to organize something like that, my uncle is on a buisness trip right now and he is coming back the morning before dinner.
Its more about old friends getting together for dinner, still they are people who have been all over the world and eaten all kinds of food so i dont want to bring garbage

Ah, then go for it. A decadent mousse or a silky lemon posset will do just fine. You can always side with shortbread and a refreshing berry coulis -- all individually made so if something doesn't come out just right then you can omit without any real loss.

Candied almonds/nuts of choice are always an impossible-to-fuck-up yet indulgent Christmassy extra, too.

croquembouche...you will go down as a legend.

ok, great, i will look it up and give it a go. Thanks

...you can even make this easy if you find premade profiteroles then it is really just assembly.

Tiramisu is easy enough to make if your only experience is with pies. I can also recommend a mille feuille, mousse cake, or croquembouche as this user recommends

>inheritance
im kind of getting that by default, my uncle doesnt have any kidsand is married to an older woman with a big family history of cancer
couldnt hurt to make a good impression on a bunch of rich guys tho

not icecream cake. ice cream is cold, the winter is cold dumb ass.

Egg Nog with some pumpkin or sweet potato pie.

Feel better now that you've thrown around some nonsensical abuse? No need, mate.

Cheesecake is easy as fuck. Everyone loves it and will think of you as some sort of culinary wizardking for making it as if it's some kind of strange lost magic to make one that doesn't look like shit.

Durian is good because you get to watch people hate it xD

If you want something harmful, maybe destroy your stand mixer churning coconut milk ice cream outside. Or puppy chow, made with Guittard semisweet chocolate chips because they're the best.