Shakespeare

Daily reminder that no-one shall ever surpass this man in the written word. This man is and shall forever be the absolute pinnacle of literature. To own a complete volume of his works, is to own all the literature that one will ever need in this life

How does it feel knowing that no matter how hard you try, you will never even come close to the absolute genius that was Shakespeare?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0bi1PvXCbr8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Lol he was just the Vince Gilligan of the Elizabethan/Jacobian age.

i keep passively forgetting this and he has a way of unexpectedly popping out in my way to remind me of his fuckery that has no bounds

He wasn't white though, look at those brown eyes.

The best playwright probably, but the best author? Nah.

He was a ghost writer

>Written Word
You do realize its ment to be spoken right

i already surpassed shakespear in my novel

im holding off on releasing it because i dont wanna embarass his fanboys

You clearly haven't read my diary, sweetie, but it's cute that the cis whites still try

best speech tbqh

youtube.com/watch?v=0bi1PvXCbr8

What's superior, Veeky Forums? Seeing the plays performed or reading them?
Personally I like to read them. It's less hassle and I can go back if I feel like I missed something.
Also just because I'm reading them doesn't mean I can't read them out loud to myself, which is really fun.

>How does it feel knowing that no matter how hard you try, you will never even come close to the absolute genius that was Shakespeare?

Fine, because 'Shakespeare' was a term used for a group of elite intellectuals during the English renaissance, and not merely one individual.

You have to watch it performed with the original accents, otherwise you're wasting your time.

Shakespeare criticism is by and large an index of things not worth saying about Shakespeare.

He has a massive vocabulary, a command of differing high and low styles, and most importantly there's no biography we have that could "explain" his work away. In other words, he's still a mystery in a way that Dante (who did meet Beatrice and wrote from that inspiration) or Joyce (who did meet Nora and immortalized the day she first gave him a handjob) are not. Because we figure, oh Dante or Joyce did it for a girl they loved and lost or didn't lose, or whatever.

Hence, the authorship debate. Freud thought the plays were written by the Earl of Oxford. Walt Whitman and Mark Twain believed the Bacon theory. HELEN FUCKING KELLER believed the plays were written by Francis Bacon. (See the new book by Shapiro, "Contested Will", if you doubt me.)

You want to know my theory?

One English writer gets to be the most famous writer of all time. His name? Shakespeare (or so they say).

Meanwhile, 400+ years earlier, the only Englishman ever to be elected Pope gets elected as Pope. He promptly uses his powers to give Ireland to the King of England, which says a lot about the Papacy and about Irish Catholics. What was his name?

Well, Pope Adrian IV. The only English Pope. Look it up. His real name was Breakspeare.

Obviously Shakespeare was some kind of pen name. Obviously there is a conspiracy. I just find it hilarious that it's only within the past 10 years or so that people have started to suggest (based on the "Shake-shafte" found in a Catholic recusant household during Shakespeare's lost years) that Shakespeare might have been Catholic. DUH. Joyce noticed this, Antony Burgess noticed this, they both knew about Shakespeare / Breakspeare. They just had better things to write than more fapping over the supposedly greatest writer of all time.

Pic related: It's Hamlet's Uncle, the Roman who conquered Britannia and was deified there.

Anyone who has ever read Bacon would know that an autiste like him could never have written Hamlet.

Also, Shakespeare was a good Anglican boy. Cucktholics can fuck off.

How do I know if they'll be doing original accents?

If it sounds like West Country English, then it'll be close enough.

A challenger approaches

lol not even close

t. hasn't read Will in the World aka the most authoritative text on the Bards life.

Nah m8. If anyone is a contender, Joycey Boi is.

he was to smart too believe in anything desu

ah, great old pasta. shame no one around anymore to remember the damn thing.

You really just put Heston in over Brando you stupid fuck.

Brando phoned it in. Ben Affelcks half wit brother could have given a better performance.

Yesyes, we get it, you're an english major.

Why don't I just read it in West Country English then?
Also, I thought I read somewhere that the Boston accent was closer to the accents that would have existed in Elizabethan England than modern Britain, so why West Country English specifically?

How do people deny the existence of Shakespeare when there are court documents naming him as a witness?

I wouldn't go so far as to say you won't need any other literature in life -- no writer can provide that -- but everything else you say is probably right.

>Daily reminder that no-one shall ever surpass this man in the written word.
Not with that attitude!

The OFFICIAL list of writers who can compete with Shakespeare:

1) Tolstoy (in fact L.T fucking knocks Shakespeare's fucking teeth out all things considered imo, but you may disagree)
2) Joyce (Time will tell)
3) Milton and Dante (self-explanatory)
4) Homer (The original, thus everything that came after is somehow nested in him)
5) Virgil (Imo also boxes Shakespeare's noggin into a cauliflower, but you may again disagree)

There aren't any other writers that can compete w/ him apart from these, but he certainly has competition.

bad list

I remember this.

The only time Pynchon reared his glorious little head on this Japanese Insurance Sales forum.