Hey Veeky Forums, whats the fastest way to thaw a steak?

Hey Veeky Forums, whats the fastest way to thaw a steak?

fastest? place it in the center of a supernova, I guess

just let it sit you NIGGER

I have it sitting in warm water in a ziploc bag, is that the best i can do?

Place in a ziplock bag. Remove all air from bag before sealing, and submerge in cold water.
Even better, place bag in a shallow bowl or pan under the tap with running water. Not full blast. Just a continuos stream.

Just defrost it in the microwave for long enough to cook. Them eat it off the floor like filthy animal you are.

>I have it sitting in warm water in a ziploc bag, is that the best i can do?

You can do it one better by letting the warm water run so it stays warm. You don't need it to be shooting out like a cannon but a steady stream. This doesn't speed it up a lot, but it does speed it up.

Like this?

You're crushing it bro

it won't make a difference besides wasting water, just let it sit for 15 mins and ur gonna be good

So, on a side note, this is a venison backstrap cut into about 2 inch thick medallions. Any advice on cooking?

>having to thaw a steak
Why the FUCK would you freeze a fucking steak

You're spot on!

Now I want steak

I have alot of meat

>Why would you store food so it lasts long enough.
Eurocuck detected.
How is your mini-fridge hans?

Cut into thin circle strips, smash with a mallet, season, and fry them, comes out really good. you could also make deer bombs, just wrap the deer meat around jalapenos and cream cheese

Or a sauce pecaun, if you know how to do that

Buy meat fresh you fag, literally ruining the taste, backstrap isn't supposed to be frozen, you put it on ice

Verpiss dich du americanisch schwarzen Schwein

Shit mein negro modelo. You already cut it? Next time leave it more whole , maybe 3 inch or 6 inch depending how hungry you are. Anyway 2 inches is still good this will work. Bake at 200 for like 20 minutes until it’s 120-130F inside. (Temp it bitxh!) Then sear quickly in super hot pan with lube (preferably bacon or beef fat) like 30 seconds per side. Just enough to get a quick sear. Tent, rest 5 mins if you can wait. Wa la

Nice tender cut.
I sometimes season, lightly dredge in flour and pan fry. Then I make a gravy with flavorful bits in the pan and serve over rice.

If I shoot a deer I can't eat it all in one week you fuck.

>buy fresh meat
I hunt so i end up with alot of meat, gotta freeze it or else it will go bad. Deer season is once a year, gotta make it last

Fuck the rotation, you get the idea. These were done in 8 inch portions. The two tips between the shoulder blades turned 180 from each other, slathered in honey mustard, wrapped in bacon, baked to 120, then seared and rested before cutting the medallions. (Ideal)

Did I say eat the entire fucking deer? No the backstrap is the best part of the deer.

And you don't get your deer processed into sausage and whatnot?

Looks good brah, like that sauerkraut

The processer i go to, when I don’t have time to do it myself, always cuts it into medallions. I do have some cut in about 4-6 inch pieces in the freezer, but i like to eat the older stuff first.

I do get it in sausage when i go to my processor, but recently i had to process 2 deer by hand and i dont have a meat grinder

Deer season goes out here the first of the year.

There is a huge difference between very tender meat and a shoulder or another part.

Wait you bring your fucking backstrap to the processor? Why? Just cut it all out and put it on ice, after I kill a deer, I usually take the backstrap out whole lay it on ice and cook it that day or the next, so I can fuck with it how I see necessary

I'm talking a lot of shit, but I am happy to see so many people on Veeky Forums eating deer

Fucking hell, nevermind 2 inches bros, fucking processer cut this into 1 inch medallions

I take the whole deer to the processor, he leaves the backstrap and shoulders and grinds everything else into either sausage or ground meat

Roger. Keep that in mind for the bigger pieces. Super fuckin good. If you like it cooked a little more take it out at 130 and sear it then. Bacon is highly recommended so you can pair it on your fork if the flavor is too strong (especially handy with longer frozen and lesser cooked specimens). Honestly 2” medallions id still bake/sear (reverse sear) if you want to leave the cuts as is. But I have had GREAT luck cubing/smashing then breading. The sliced ideas user above sound interesting too. I prefer a side of onions and mushrooms with carrots cooked hard personally for all examples, the spaetzle in my pic was off the hook tho too. Damn I’m hungry now

I like to process the blackstrap and tenderloin myself.

I'm telling you, pound that shit out and fry it, fried backstrap is my hands down favorite fried food, not far ahead of wild turkey

You don't clean your deer? It so fucking easy and lets you do it your own way. Don't take the entire deer to the processor

Ooooo. Damn. Do as user said next time if you can and get those back straps out ASAP and eat them fresh. Those medallions will still be bomb tho. Just fry em super hot. Serve with seasonal veg/shroom/onion and a carb. Don’t mash or cut that shit any more. You can do that with shoulder or rump roasts if you wanna try it out. Frying it breaded and making a gravy would be cool. Looks like you have a few pieces to experiment with

You pound blackstrap? Guess I’ve never tried that. Better than pounded rump? I figured pounding kinda nullifies the cut. My fav other than blackstrap is certianly 1 inch cubes double breaded and deep fried with an aeoli

Racist much?

Fuck off kike

Blackstrap is tender enough it doesn't need pounding.

For frying yes, tenderness doesn't really mean a lot when you fry it. For the record, only pound out backstrap for frying, never for any other cooking, pounding it out makes it thinner, and when you fry too big of pieces it gets dried out and weird

Kinda like pounding a filet mignon to me

Agreed. I’ve shallow fried some monster ass think as shit breaded chicken breasts. No bueno. 1” medallions will be fine pan seared HOT and FAST tho. No pounding necessary

Have you tried fried backstrap? If you haven't you can shut the fuck up faggot, I know how good meat is, try frying a big chunk of backstrap, then try frying a pounded out sliver, and see which one tastes a lot better

Y'all niggas know i'm talking about frying with grease right? Eat you backstrap "fine" idgaf, i'll be sitting happy and fat getting the best out of my meat while you sit there being disappointed with your pan seared shit

Stop deer hunting if you are just going to kill it to disrespect the meat like that

Okay meats thawed, gonna let these sit for a bit. Definitely going to have to do some experimentation with these.

Onions, taters, and sheooms on standby

You really don't belong on a cooking forum. Get out.

Fuckin sweet. Hey man. This guy who pounds his medallions might be on to something. Might want to deep fat fry a small medallion pounded and breaded just so see what he’s on about. This doesn’t change the fact that if I ever see him in the woods I’m gonna harvest his fat fucking dumb ass and pan sear his god damn poisoned muscle up and wash it down with a fine Chianti. Right there in the woods. Over a god damn fire. A cast iron and a bottle of red is now a permenant part of my hunting gear.

Telling me I disrespect my kill.. seriously. I’ll take you out just to show the world how much a cut of muscle can be disrespected. Satan himself won’t take your corpse when I’m done with it

Come get me pussy, you know that i'm right, you know that pounding them out makes them taste better when you fry them and you know deep down that deep fried pounded out backstrap is fucking delicious and there is nothing you can ever do about it.

You ever wanna come meet me come to Southern Louisiana where we know a thing or two about cooking shit that walks on 4 legs and making you Y*nks cry over how good it is. And I get my deer up around Vicksburg where the whitetail are huge and lazy

>Also not washing me down with a Hess select
You aren't helping your case coming out as an Italian wine drinker when everyone knows that Napa is far superior.

And I know how much a cut of muscle can be disrespected, I mean look at this thread

Not arguing the merits of pounded flat and deep fried friendo. Got a nice bottle of Chianti just for you if you ever make it up to northern wi where the livin is hard and the bullets fly true

/thread

Not the guy you're replying to but you really are a faggot nigger kike

please don't tell me you froze the backstrap you colossal faggot

Lol we could not be farther apart, but in all seriousness I am interested on how y'all do your deer up there, because the South doesn't get it's rep for its food from being shit. To this day the best deer I've ever had was cooked by a old black man in central Mississippi, he brought it out cooked 3 different ways, grilled, deep fried(pounding thing), and in a sauce pecaun, and I wanted to give him a hug it tasted so fucking good

Ayyyy, my nigga

Racist pig

Alright so, ive picked out three pieces that i want to try to do a reverse sear with, whats the best method to use when baking? Cast iron in the oven or on a rack?

it's deer and I don't see how animals can be racist

Yeah man. Honestly a lotta guys everywhere don’t know shit all about cooking game. Specially if you live close to a city.

Here’s one for you. Bone in rump spit roasted over super hot fire. BBQ style with a1 and Heinz 57. Shaved off quarter inch strips and re sauce repeat. Some of the best I’ve had. I remember it from 20 years ago.

Don’t knock it till you tried it.

Too bad we ain’t drinking around a fire. Think we’d have a blast.

Cake pan lined with foil. Thank me when you get to doin the dishes

Also. If you decide to use a cast iron for whatever reason (please don’t) pre heat that shit for a good while before landing the meat. Also. Don’t forget the thermometer

True that, And I love sharing all of the Cajun recipes that were passed down to me, we got a killer recipe for everything that is considered a live down here, including human, if a dude from the swamp offered me human, i'd be tempted, because I know he'd have figured out a way to make that shit taste great

>don’t forget the thermometer
Of course! Had to make some modifications though

Very good. Did yu actually calibrate that to a known temp? Bravo

I saw that there was a dot every 5 millimeters for every 10 degrees, so i added dots for 130 and 120

I’d be tempted. Had an Kek from Florida. Drank himself to death. Before he did that though he used to wrestle gators. Take them with a blade. He offers me a cut and I ain’t even asking till it’s gone ;)

Okay boys, how long do you think it will take at 200 degrees?

An Kek...Kek. An unkle from Florida

Probably 20 on the outside. Start checking at 10. Pull at 110 cause those pieces are thin and searing will cook it quick

Haha yeah but people from florida aren't cajuns

120 for mid rare

Yeah but he was southern and rough as shit so I’m kinda lumping him in there. Fucker killed gators with a knife

There wasn’t a damn French drop in him tho so I guess it’s not the same

Alright, lets let them rest and hope i didnt overcook them

And it looks wierd because the foil is fucking with my camera

Tatoes are in

Cool. I’m looking forward to the results. Thermometer doesn’t lie so if all was good and you sears them hot and quick you will be fine

And onion

And finally some shrooms

um, user...

Better than relying solely on time. I’ll bet they are okay. I’ve used the upper range of a dial thermometer this way with ok results.

Alright my dudes, its time. Just so yall know my thermometer is known to be a bit sticky and lie.

>190F chicken

what the fuck, howtohavedriedoutmeat.pg

Im rooting for you user

I’d say thats pretty fucking good my dudes!

Fuckin A high five my dude!!!! God I’m relieved after all that banter with Louisiana bro I was gonna have to eat my words bad if you didn’t pull this off. Whew

... cont.. God damn looks fucking delicious too

This was my first time doing a reverse sear, holy shit. The crust is perfect, its cooked evenly throughout, and it tastes fucking great. The only bad this is that i lets it sit for too long while i was cooking the side, so its cold now. But still holy shit.

Seriously well done lad. So did you pull from oven at 110 or 120?

Ill be honest the thermometer fucking got stuck so i had to guess it. I had it in for about 18 mins tho and seared it for 30 sec each side

aluminum trays work pretty good. just let it sit on the tray at room temp for a bit. it´s a pretty good conductor

Sweet. Good eye then. Nicely prepared.

Marinate in mojo marinade. That or fry it up with garlic butter and black pepper.

a

>Mojo venison steaks
That sounds fucking great

Yeah user, I'm sure all of that will cook evenly at the same time.

Alright thats it from me today, i think i’ll try out frying it either tonight or tomorrow. If i do ill make a thread. Thanks for all of the great advice, recipes, and help!

>it won't make a difference besides wasting water
>what is forced convection vs free convection

Shut the fuck up chink nigger kike

>what is forced convection vs free convection
Get your ap physics shit out of here smartass, no ones impressed. The difference is negligible

Oh so it's not a steak at all.

>The difference is negligible
No it isn't

Throw a piece of ice in a glass of water and hold a piece of ice under running water. Tell me they melt at the same rate your stupid fucking faggot.

Putting it under running water is a waste of water, energy and money. If you're worried about the water getting cold and the steak not thawing fast enough, then just refill the container with with warm water every 10 minutes or something.

>Putting it under running water is a waste of water, energy and money
Californian poorfag detected