Why are film novelizations a thing?

Why are film novelizations a thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/TheDarkKnightRisesScriptByJonathanNolanAndChristopherNolan
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

cash money

They are? Never heard of them. Could you provide an example?

are you having a stroke?

does it have the scene?

It has that scene. That is where the "Bill Wilson" name and the "I'm in charge here" parts of the meme come from.

I remember once an old family friend lent me a bunch of Monk books. They're from the TV show of the guy with OCD who's a detective and his assistant is this chick who's basically his therapist and carries around his baby wipes and stuff (really). I read at least six of those in like a week.

Why shouldn't they be? In concept there's no problem with them, and a movie is surely to leave out things that could have made the story better or clearer.

They help you "read" the film.

It can't be as much of a "thing" as you're making it because I've never encountered any.

But if it becomes a thing then holy hell like just pull the plug already, god

>his baby wipes
They're antibacterial wipes, you philistine.

That image is the best banepost ive ever seen

They might as well publish the screenplay. Would at least be comfy to read, desu.

>tfw would read all of breaking bad's screenplays if they were published despite hating literature

>tfw they make book versions of fight club, trainspotting and Reqieum for a dream and add extra content.
Come on lads, the films were great, we didn't need the filler so you can sell a 300 page book.

They are a thing. A friend of mine has novelizations of the Empire Strikes Back and The Retunr of the Jedi. I remember too seeing those tow books in a local supermarket. That was some time ago, so i don-t know if they still sell them.

Who knows, the 'filler' might be based on deleted scenes and could change everything.

Also:
Does '2001: A Space Odyssey' even count ?

From what a i saw, the star wars ones were exact retellings of each scene.
You know is talking about the original novels those movies were based on, right?

2001 doesn't count because it's different from the movie. Novelizations are just retelling of the movies to get a few bucks more.

In my experience it's so that the children of controlling or abusive parents can read the book and know what their peers at school are raving about so that they don't get their arses kicked in by bullies for being even more bizarre and not having a clue about something which seems perfectly normal.

>ywn get a movie novelization of _AKIRA__

Why even live?

I hate myself for this post.

I didn't know I need this

Just read the manga then?

Fun bait

I know, right? I read the novelizations of the 'Lord of the Rings' film trilogy and it was full of extraneous crap. What a joke

are there any other actual books about batman? I want to read about him but comic books are irredeemable garbage for the most part

He says "I'm in charge here" and he is credited as Bill Wilson in the film though.

Is the scene just lifted verbatim? If so I might get this so I can tell my future gay son about baneposting

here senpai archive.org/details/TheDarkKnightRisesScriptByJonathanNolanAndChristopherNolan

The plane scene is somehow even funnier, in part because of "CIA MAN" and the way they bold words for emphasis.

And then they crammed all three Hobbit movies into one book. What a joke. The story has no room to breathe.

Haha, exactly!
They were actually pretty fun. It's kind of a shame I don't remember anything at all about the plots. I'm probably going to wind up unintentionally plagiarizing one of them someday if I ever try to write a murder mystery.

2001: A Space Odyssey is a weird case because if I'm remembering right it was actually being written at the same time that the movie was being made, so neither is strictly speaking an actual "adaptation" of the other.

He never says "I'm in charge here" in the film, he THINKS it in the novel. He is NOT credited as "Bill Wilson," he is credited as "CIA Op."

>Is the scene just lifted verbatim?
No, there is dialogue in there that was in the script but never made it on screen. Instead of CIA's fate being left ambiguous as in the film, in the novel Bane snaps CIA's neck.

I checked the scene and you're right, he doesn't actually say that line.

Maybe I just keep imagining he says it in the film.

Will definitely have to pick this up, if only to deeper penetrate the mind of CIA, and perhaps finally uncover his motivations. Does it elaborate on Snee, Maimen, Button Lee and Juan Ovyu too?

>Does it elaborate on Snee, Maimen, Button Lee and Juan Ovyu too?
Unfortunately no.

What about Heer, Amon or Ahyred Gunn? Or is there anymore lore on the Mosquito Men?

I've never read it but from what I've seen on Google Books, nothing.

But Mosquito Man does show up in the movie after the plane scene and just disappears by the end (but that's bravonolanry for you).

I thought Mosquito Man ended up being killed by Foley, the police captain

There's literally a manga

You're both talking about MASKETTA man (a separate character) who is the head of the mysterious Mosquito Men organization.

And it is correct that Masketta gets killed by Peter Foley, the deputy police commissioner of Gotham PD in the post-credits scene

He clearly does not die. He looks ahead, see Foley, and slides down the other side of the Tumbler to avoid getting shot. Any bullets hitting are hitting the Tumbler. Talia is even MORE in the open there and doesn't get shot.

There's no spark, blood, material exploding, nothing, he doesn't even make a sound or fall backward, he's sliding down the other side to AVOID getting shot.

Even in the next shot when the Tumbler is out of the way, Masketta is nowhere to be seen.

I need to rewatch The Dark Knight Rises. All I remember is that it has a huge plot hole in Bruce Wayne escaping that prison and returning to Gotham when nobody knew where the fuck he was and when all the bridges were out.

What's worse?

A novelisation of a film or a novelisation of a video game?

Is Total Recall by Piers Anthony any good?

Not to mention that he recovered from having all his bones broken in, what, a couple of weeks? And managed to escape from the Middle East (?) back to Gotham, somehow? Movie was kind of mediocre in general, but that segment just totally killed it for me. It's like they weren't even trying.

This is actually how I feel. I read the first book after seeing the movies and it was just filled with useless characters like Tom Bombadil, elves singing retarded pointless songs that went on for 10 pages, and Tolkien describing trees for an equal number of pages.

If Batman comics are garbage, why do you expect real books to be any better? Adaptations usually tend to degrade quality regardless of medium.

Are you autistic or why didn't you get that it was just a terrible shitpost?

A novelisation of a film adaptation of a game heavily inspired by older movies. It's also based on an anime