Nihilism is the ultimate philosophical doctrine for teenagers. It's juvenile and shallow...

Nihilism is the ultimate philosophical doctrine for teenagers. It's juvenile and shallow, and its followers basically say, "Dude, nothing matters, I don't need to have an opinion about anything. I don't give a FUCK.".

ITT: People unsuccessfully try to prove me wrong.

I will take the bait just to be the first post.

What matters?

What?

you don't know what nihilism is

Nihilism is a epistemological statement, the examples you've described is not a direct consequence of it. If there's no meaning, why should this
>Dude, nothing matters, I don't need to have an opinion about anything. I don't give a FUCK.".
be the logical consequence?
Or, to tackle another stereotype, why should I become a pessimist, or why should I get depressed over nihilism? If there is no meaning, nothing in particular leads to these particular positions, in fact nihilism may as well lead to the opposite position: if truth is merely a prejudice, I may choose to become a Christian, or a devoted altruist, while still believing in nothing.

The only juvenile and shallow thing in this thread is your critique

TAKE A LOOK AT THESE HANDS!
TAKE A LOOK AT THEEEEEESE HAAAAANDS!

We are Nihilists Lebowski.
Yes, we believe in nothing!

"ism"s are for teenagers. Adulthood is recognizing that "belief" is just people getting together and giving each other license to keep their opinions when they fail to hold water.

It is not something Veeky Forums would tell you. But "ism" is something unfortunately human. No man is free from belief because it is a property of our cognitive being. Not even the rationalists can save their soul from "isms". Ironic, isn't it?

It is, but only because adulthood is defined by perpetual denial.

shawtgun shack

Nihilism is just scepticism that has lost its patience. It says 'no' prematurely.

whats the point in trying to prove you wrong? you already stated I would fail. I guess nothing matters. I'll go kms brb.

THIS AIN'T NO PARTY

Better than not saying anything for sure, old man Pyrrho.

If you enjoy meaningless noise, sure.

life. i don't mean your puerile monkey "school, work, marriage, children, die" script. i mean spreading life, to all planets, to every niche capable of supporting life. everywhere.

>deriving meaning out of a pyramid scheme

Natalist... easy on the immorality.

no he does. you don't.

nihilism is just that. your failure to appreciate why it's the correct view of life and reality is symmetrical to his--and equally wrong. nothing inherently matters. anything that seems to matter is an illusion that will eventually be shattered. how do we live with this? what do we do with life?

>Words
>Feelings
>Matters

Try again sweetheart

>life
Because...?

stop falling prey to nihilism

Nihilism (as in, actual philosophical nihilism, not some vague bogeyman) is an excellent starting point for someone who wants to understand this world. It cleans you of bullshit and makes you realize that science can't answer every question. Purpose, the most important thing a person has, the thing that actually determines you, must be found elsewhere.

a nihilist arguing against a christian is like a marxist arguing against a capitalist. they're assumptions are the same and are both gay and wrong from the get-go

Nihilism is gay. You also don't need it in order to overcome scientism