You hype?

You hype?

>Hofmann

Based.

Looks pretty fun. Though I'm more hype for this based on how Pessoa shilled it

One of the most beautiful and massive French books. Chateaubriand's style is first-rate. No idea if it translates well, though.

Also note that Chateaubriand is strongly right-wing; thus he is much less shilled than, say, Camus or Rousseau by the cultural intelligentsia.

I prefer the Bowie song

has anyone watched the whole movie

Hahaha...I hate when sales people make those kind of pitches where they've assumed what is important to you for some stupid reason, which is probably obvious but still quite unnecessary to mention, and even maybe a bit insulting in that you've been reduced to a direction that says nothing of what is truly important to you as a human being.

So rebel. Much transgression. Horrid intrigue!

But yeah, I want it now. Dipshit.

Sheeeiitt are they translating the whole thing?

Wasn't that era Berlin the Den of Depravity that semi-motivated Hitler into "Cleaning things up" ?

I bought it on DVD two years ago and still can't muster the courage to watch it.

I'm a pussy when it comes to films longer than 6 hours. I managed Satantango and Shoah though. Also need to watch Kobayashi's The Human Condition.

No but I've been to Alexanderplatz.
Just learn German you hack.

i got through shoah too, but that was truly amazing - i've gone thru about half of alexanderplatz and it's difficult to do even though some of his other movies are my all-time favorite shits. will check out these ones you've mentioned

great long ass movies you should also check out:
>abecedaire (deleuze)
>dekalog (i had to watch this at the georgetown library at a viewing center, but i think criterion is putting it out soon)

Dekalog is amazing. I own it on DVD (in the UK it's available through Artificial Eye but there might be a blu-ray release too). Deleuze doesn't ring any bells so I'll check that out.

Shoah really was amazing. I watched it in 2hr30min bursts and even then I had to pause it every so often to digest what was being said. We didn't learn half of that stuff in history class in school.

I want to have a Veeky Forums kino meetup where we rent a house in Montana in the middle of winter for a week, dose ourselves on acid, and drink Old Crow and watch Shoah and Berlin Alexanderplatz again and again for the entire time.

And at some point, everyone would get naked and run around outside screaming things like "no discernable talent" and by the time they'd get back inside the combination of drugs and kino and neetdom and fear would overlap, and they'd find themselves in the midst of an orgy, the flickering screen illuminating thigh and neck.

i get the qt jewess

everyone else gets a cock in they bum bum batty

M8 you'll have cock in yr mouth and arse like everyone else

no means no
NO MEANS NO

i thought acid was the worst part of your post until i saw Shoah. shit film

1920s literary Golden Age in Paris
2020s literary spastic Age in Montana

If only this could happen.

I've read it, in the new (and excellent) Dutch translation. It was a fun and wild ride, but I'm not intelligent enough to tell you lads what it's about.