Fruit cake

What does this stuff taste like? I've only ever heard people say they don't like it, but it's always sold in grocery stores in December. Is the texture too dense?

It's basically like eating flour, glue, and gummi bears. I would not recommend.

fuckin hate fruit cake

Wow in what country does fruitcake look like this?

That's just the grossest looking one I could find on google images. Usually they're sold in rings like this. Still have no idea how they taste.

This looks like pizza from some horrible cyberpunk dystopian future.

here in Canada it comes in bricks

Motherfucker that is CLAXTON FRUIT CAKE fresh out of CLAXTON, GEORGIA, home of CLAXTON FRUIT CAKE. Best goddamn fruit cake in the world! IT tastes like home and christmas!

they are heavily spiced with clove
they don't taste bad at all, its just babbies who can't handle strong flavors

>t.drinks vinaigrette

nigga I have a 2 liter bottle of balsamic, you could put a nipple on that and I would suckle it on its own

they can be pretty good, especially home made, but fuck that store brought garbage.

Confirmed. I've occasionally seen them in ring form, but usually it's done in loaf pans here.

I think part of the problem is that the grocery store ones are universally terrible.

Also I'm probably in the strange minority that prefers light over dark. Probably mostly a nostalgic thing.

Mom made a decent one once almost by accident. It was more bread-y if that makes any sense. Like, it had the texture of a loaf of banana nut bread, but with some other fruits.

kek

Immature Amerifats are disappointed by a christmas dessert that isnt xyz mix of sugar butter and flour and isnt sweet enough to kill 20 diabetics. Same people who hate fruitcake are the ones who shit on prunes as "gross old lady food"

Fruit cake is awesome, basically all the christmas flavors rolled into one package.

They're sweet, dense moist cakes with pickled fruits in between. You only eat small portions. I eat it while drinking tea.

here here

fruitcakes are fucking awesome. my grandma made a killer one, but I like the store shit too

Had a slice of the store bought stuff once.
Never again.

But a friend of the family makes something similar that she calls "Friendship Cakes". I don't know what the recipe is, other than you have to start marinating the fruits a few months beforehand. Might involve Rum?

>Immature Amerifats are disappointed by a christmas dessert that isnt xyz mix of sugar butter and flour and isnt sweet enough to kill 20 diabetics. Same people who hate fruitcake are the ones who shit on prunes as "gross old lady food"
Are you trying to say fruit cake isn't full of sugar?

that flammable, boozy, fruitcake your aunt makes back in August is the best fruitcake

Can confirm that Claxton is superior fruitcake.

This was my first reaction. Aside from eggs, butter, and some flour, the cake is almost entirely sugar.

I love fruit cake and could easily devour half a loaf in my fatter days. I kinda regret seeing seeing someone making it. I get that a bit of junk around the holidays isn't going to kill you, but fuck is that stuff unhealthy even by junk food standards.

I can't recall ever actually trying it. The store bought stuff looks dreadful and the bright dyed fruit doesn't do it for me. Maybe I'll try it this year.

Dates are like 65% sugar and fruit cake is a very sugar-rich dessert. If you are going to make fun of Americans there are many factual ways to go about it; you just sound like a retard.

Always wanted to try fruit cake, so I finally got one and it was not great.
If you insist on sweet meat/raisin bread, a 12th Night Cake is better. Light and fluffy while still having a taste of raisin and citrus throughout.

This time of year is my weakness because i can down endless pies, fruitcakes, chocolate etc.

For the last few weeks, ive been having a costco fruitcake every friday. They are so good it hurts

Yup.

I pretty much just say fuck it and let myself go wild for the 2 weeks or so around Christmas. I love all the Christmas baking stuff, and it's everywhere.

Long as you can put the brakes on after new years and maybe hit the gym a bit harder for a month or so, it's all fine. Unless you really dedicate yourself, the most you're going to gain over a few weeks of reckless eating is maybe 5 pounds.. which you can easily lose in a month.

I have SAD, so its really hard for me. I have a good exercise routine for january-october, but the last 2 months i start getting depressed, my energy just slips away, i lose my motivation and discipline, im just a wreck. And i go crazy with all these sweet cakes, pies, chocolates. I asked for a cadbury bar for christmas even though ive already had a costco pumpkin pie and fruitcake this week. Say, do you think 130 pounds is getting heavy?

tastes like rum and cloves and is spot on about the texture

Im tempted to buy one but goddamn they are expensive as fuck