Since I'm 20 and don't want to live off of heated frozen food what should I get for the kitchen to start making...

Since I'm 20 and don't want to live off of heated frozen food what should I get for the kitchen to start making something nicer outside of the usual pot/pan?

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/heyshika/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

some decent knives
measuring cups?
food processor?

This picture is making my anxiety flair up

4 out of 5 of those girls are hot, and it might not be who you think

I was thinking of a food processor specifically honestly it would help so much. No idea what kind of knives I should go for that won't just be overpriced crap.

A real cutting board and one real chef's knife.

A gram and oz scale if you intend to bake. Tongs. A whisk. Spoons to stir with. A good spatula or two. A wife. A ladle or two. Honing steel for the knife. A mechanical thermometer. A swivel peeler.

Unironically seek some help if that's the case. Can't go living like this boy.

Food processor, good knife set/knife sharpener, pressure cooker for stews/chilly, panini press.

Crock pot is always good for starting out, it's a no pressure way to cook

second on the left looks like that squirrel girl

Buy cheap knives, get a good knife sharpener.

I suggest a good-sized enameled dutch oven. Very flexible cooking vessel. Also seconding the knife recs, seriously one of the most important tools in the kitchen.

>good chefs knife
>good paring knife
>electric pressure cooker
>food processor
>Stand mixer if you want to be a breadfag

third girl from the left looks like she looks best naked out of all of them

honestly , if you have a set of decent pans your halfway there, a grate is very useful too if you make asian food or noodles

dont get a fucking kitchen machine or electric food processor, that shit is hard to clean and prone to breaking. anything but making dough can better be done by hand

Whenever cute girls are posted on this site I start to get really sad and think about dying alone and my inadequacies.

but then you eat right? that's why your on Veeky Forums

Crockpot

Start being social and fix yourself

republicans are why vanity sizes exist and I'm a size 11 (US) in nike and a size 8 (UK) in alfred sargent. please do not respond to this post unless you understand international shoe size conversions.

luckily I've stopped buying US made clothing or clothing made for the US market

I do indeed. Today I had a little pecan pie

There aren't any girls worth pursuing in my area

Time to go on holidays or visit friends in other areas to meet new people.

I’ll keep trying.

Go get em champ
Un-sadden yourself

Buy a cookbook that looks interesting to you and pick three recipes from it and try them out. Stop buying frozen food and buy fresh instead. Won't need anything more than pots/pans and knives...maybe get something like a George Forman grill or grill top pan for the stove. There are so many simple recipes to make that will always taste better than frozen, AND you know what's in your food. You might be surprised how interesting it can be.

is that the blond chick from the latina abuse video where they choke her with a jackhammer dildo? she has the same retard face

instagram.com/heyshika/
I hope

There's no fresh shit here I swear to god it angers me so much. I can't buy basil here in any place BASIL out of all things. No scallions or parsley or any other herbs. It's actually the most annoying thing. The market is always either bad produce or not around, sad days.

Yeah, unlike a pressure cooker.

Obese blacks, illegals, and single mothers all vote democrat and shop at walmart, so no.

A pan or two. A pot or two. And a knife

Good fucking luck.

Omelette pan. These have sloped edges to slide out eggs. Good, all purpose pan to have and works for many situations. If you spend around $50 and get a Calphalon it will last you for years. 10 inches is a good size

One saucepan. Anything will do for now. I have a 1.5 quart All-Clad, that's a good size (not a good brand for entry level) for you.

5-6 quart enameled cast iron Dutch Oven. This will get hot enough to properly cook steaks yet also has the versatility of being oven safe and able to make things that need higher capacity.

One good 8 inch chef's knife. I have Shuns and Wusthofs, love them both but German brands are what you want over Eastern if you're going to be carving chickens. Victorinox has a good one for like $40 I tell new chefs to get.

Set of utensils. I like to have one set of wood and one set of silicone. Use bamboo for the wood ones. They're cheap and you can just throw them out and replace them once they start being shitty.

muh 3 million illegal voters (tm)

>So ladies what are some general preferences you have in the bedroom? Just curious

>please do not respond to this post unless you understand international shoe size conversions.
What are you gonna do about it, faggot?

1. 2 santoku knives, one large for chopping, one smaller one for slicing.

2. cutting board or one of those foldable cutting sheets

3. slotted spatula

4. large spoon for stirring stews, spooning soup into bowl

5. kitchen scissors

6. spices (salt, pepper, cumin, thyme, garlic, lemon, paprika, cayenne)

all of the above will run you less than $20 if you get them at discount/bargain or dollar-only stores. i actually get all my spices at the dollar store now and they taste fine. very flavorful and much cheaper than regular grocery store spices.

it also depends on what you want to make. if you make simple meals, you only need simple tools.

for example, i make soup often and i only use the above plus a standard pan. i also have a cast-iron skillet, and use it to make steak, salmon, or fry up sardines.

frozen meals have lots of preservatives, but it's fine to get frozen veggies since it saves you time on cutting and washing.

hope that helps, buddyroo.

>self-improving for other people
the first lesson is that *you* are the person worth improving for, user!

Even the best edge can only do so much for a cheap POS knife. Although I must concede that many pretty expensive knives are thick, wedgy clunkers too.

>2 santoku knives, one large for chopping, one smaller one for slicing.
dumbest knife related advice I have read in a while. Do you even know what slicing is? If anything your knife needs to be longer for that, and you ceratinly wouldnnt use a santoku for that. there are knives specifically designed for slicing, for some mysterious reason they have been given the name "slicers".

Grow your own herbs. You can do it indoors if you don't have a yard/outdoor space.

Lots of good suggestions here but get a meat tenderizer too.
It might cost a little bit but if you get a metal one it will last forever.

Also mark your cutting board with one side for chicken and other side for everything else.
It's not that big of a deal desu, but it's not that much extra effort to just stay on the safe side

People actually do this? Have you ever heard of soap and water?

Might get some flak for this, but pic related has decreased my time in the kitchen by at least 25%.
It's easily the best 20 bucks outside of pots/pans that i've spent on kitchen stuff.
Use it wisely.

Unless using anti-bacterial soap and one hell of a brush then you risk salmonella and listeria surviving in the crevices created by cuts from a sharp knife or cleaver.

Beef, salt-water fish, and pork are usually pretty clean. I'd use the chicken-side for fresh-water fish though as they often contain parasites.

Even if none of it is legally necessary, having different sides or different boards makes health inspectors happier.

thanks user

>health inspectors happier.
You have health inspectors at your house?

They usually come after penis inspection day for scheduling convenience.

they usually do both at the same time for me