What's the best universal desert that goes with anything?

cookies

A bullet

A mint?

chocolate

prunes

Mousse

Or fruit salad

Vodka.

Sugar

You already posted it, OP :3

An apple. If you don't like apples, there's something wrong with you.

Sahara

Sand

Oh, you think you're real fucking clever, don't you? I've not news for you, snowflake, we can all tell that this is just a thinly-veiled attack on God-Emperor Trump. Well, guess what? HE WON, THE FUTURE BELONGS TO US!

what's the point in eating a sweet snack after a meal? My mom seemed to think it was required at the final meal of the day, and maybe with Sunday dinner; maybe she did it because my dad expected it.

But as an adult it seems dumb, and an ideal way to gain weight. If I'm going to eat ice cream, it will be much more enjoyable to eat it a few hours after a modest meal.

Do "normal" people still think desert should be a part of the main meal every day?

Rice pudding
Theres a reason its a part of literally every national cuisine.

Space Chocolate.

Because it's cheap to manufacture, filling and has ingredients that are a staple of many diets around the world?

When all of the european rice puddings were invented it was actually an expensive luxury import.

eat my ass

if you're dining socially like at a restaurant it makes more sense to append it directly to the meal instead of, say, letting everyone disperse and then herding them back to the table for dessert.

at home though, it often makes more sense to wait a while between dinner and dessert

personally i never eat dessert unless i'm at a nice restaurant or it's like someone's birthday or something, but i'm in the process of losing weight

I wonder if historically it was a way to show wealth, or success, similar to how it used to be a status symbol to be fat since many people did not have adequate food year round.

Eating a slice of pie after a decent meal is ill-advised in so many ways.

In most jails they give you a cookie or peice of cake with every meal. USA is horrible.

>In most jails they give you a cookie or peice of cake with every meal. USA is horrible.

You are clearly assuming we've all been in jail or have known someone who has done time.

As a law-abiding person, I have to ask: is the USA horrible for giving sweet crap to prisoners or for not giving sweet crap to prisoners?

Digression: when I toured Alcatraz the guide said that the meals were cooked by a master chef, and the chalkboard still had the final menu before they closed the place, and I don't recall what it listed but it was pretty nice food. She said that the ones in solitary confinement got the same meal except it was put through a blender. We also got to go into a solitary confinement cell and they closed the door. Fucking pitch black.

I don't like anything too heavy after a meal, but a little bit of ice cream or maybe a coffee is always nice.

This.

>eating a liter of ice cream after dinner

ok augustus gloop

>eating a liter of ice cream after dinner
Not all of us are American.

I think that's part of it, but I think there's also a few other factors. Like, studies have shown that having a little dessert cuts down your craving for sweets overall, leading to less after-dinner snacking. Also traditionally a lot of desserts are made of fruit, which not only adds a bit of fruit to your diet but also fruit contains a high level of enzymes, which help in the chemical process of digestion. Plus there's that euphoria effect that all sugary foods have, so I assume it's also to cap off the meal with a tasty treat.

I in no way claimed anyone to know anything i posted, literally just posted a statement.. I rrally dont underatabd how you get that i was assuming anyone to know that from what i posted. You are assuming that im assuming. Also i said usa is horrible as an unrelated statement to my first sentence. Alsooo food in jails and prisons are horrible and are not cooked by chefs. The food is cooked by inmates with meat and soy that is expireeld and not for human consumption. I worked in the kitchen and say both labeled clearly on the boxes.. The prisoners are abused by guards and more than half of inmates are 'law abiding citizens' too. You dont know how fucked up the usa court system is until yourlve been a victim of it. Youre just a special snowflake until you grow up and find out the hard way

Maybe the gobi?