Today at my local grocery store I dropped and broke a jar of tahini like a fucking retard

Today at my local grocery store I dropped and broke a jar of tahini like a fucking retard

Have you ever made a mess at the grocery store, Veeky Forums? How did you recover from the shame

>All that high quality olive oil

I would be fucking pissed if I was working that shift, oil is a real pain in the cunt to clean up. I've resorted to just throwing salt all over it to soak it up.

You mean EVOO

Honestly if I had to do this I'd have the manager write off a bag of cat litter and pour it on there let it sit for a minute or two, then scrape up into bags and mop/squeegee the rest
ezpz
t. someone who worked with noobies who used to spill oil all the fucking time when I worked in a kitchen and we kept cat litter for this exact purpose

I dropped a jar of tomato sauce. It got all over my shoe and up my leg so I just left my cart and walked out of the store. Several people saw it happen so I had to leave.

I used to work produce in a grocery store. People would drop and spill packages of blueberries multiple times a day. Most of the time whoever did it would just walk away like nothing happened instead of telling an employee so then other customers would then walk all over them and we'd have squished berries all over the goddamn place. Fucking shitheads.
At least when brought to our attention we could just sweep them up before they get squished so there wouldn't be a mess.

my mother once ran the cart into a full aisle display of pickle jars. we just let them know, apologized, and went about our day.

sad to say but that's what those proles are paid to do.

>no frills

>high quality

99% chance every single bottle was rancid.

>commits immense fuckery in public
>busy posting on Veeky Forums instead of committing suicide like a decent human being

do you have some kind of jpg spectrometer
how do you know that's not garbage
hint: 95 % chance it is

i have social anxiety and unsteady hands. I destroy grocery stores all over the country.

Grocery stores I have worked at have a product similar to cat litter that is specifically designed to clean up shit like that. Works like a charm. I can't remember what it's called because I haven't worked at a grocery store in a very long time.

spill magic

Not grocery store but...

>Be in college
>Go to food place to get dinner
>Type of place where you pay when you enter and then get whatever you want, eat and leave.
>Go to salad bar
>Make monstrous salad that is overflowing off the plate.
>Sweet old southern black lady is behind the sneeze guard refilling ingredients as necessary
>Put on "I'm 18 and fairly active and can eat as much as I fucking want" amount of french dressing
>Pick up plate to walk to seat
>Salad weighs about 8 times as much as I'd expected and I drop the whole thing, and while trying to not drop it I accidentally knock over a shit ton of other stuff at the salad bar.
>Old black lady looks at me
>Doesn't get mad, just kindof smiles and says "uh oh you better run before anyone notices you"
>I try to keep my cool and briskly walk to the exit.
>Later that night I realized oh fuck I think she was being sarcastic.
>Scared to go to salad bar for rest of time at that school

Yep that's it.

>going to all you can eat and picking salad
>autism
Yep, it checks out

Went there every night and usually had something different every time. The salad bar was pretty epic.

Autism yes though. My response to the situation was incredibly autistic.

when i was a wee lad and listerine came in glass bottles i dropped one out of the shopping cart

another time i dropped a 2 liter of coke and the top burst off and it sprayed the ceiling of the store

reeeaaaal slick

Reeeeeeeeeechael Reeeeeeeeeeeeeey

GIVE
ME
TENDIES!!!!!

Kek.

God speed, user.

Serves you right for being a gluttonous fuck.

No but I pissed on the toiler paper roll at Popeye's once, fully soaking it and coating the toilet

I also took a video of it

I've accidentally 'knocked over' an entire display shelf of whiskey at the liquor store. It was badly placed and flimsy as hell.

Everybody turned and looked at me, it got quiet and I just fucked off, nobody said anything. Get the fuck out of there before they ask me to pay for it.

Obviously I never went back.

What kind of autism is this?

Also to clarify it wasn't really a shelf. It's those fucking cardboard promotional shelf type things they put at the ends of aisle.

Now that's what i call an oil spill

I pay for everything I break, I return things I no longer want to their specific aisle, I always calculate how much I have to pay and have the exact sum ready in my hand by the time it's my turn, hell I have fucked up by getting something way too expensive thinking it was on sale and still paid for it, I bring my own bags and hurry packing my things so I don't hold the line too much
Grocery store/supermarket employees still hate me because I'm too autistic to make small talk or aknowledge them

I've worked at a grocery store for two years.

>coke vendor knocked over half his pallet of two liters and the majority busted
>aisle was sticky for a week

>pasta sauce
>cheese dip
>pickles
>chocolate syrup
>beer
>apple cider vinegar
>glass jar of honey, and while I was cleaning it up, they reached over me to grab another and said nothing
>molasses, the worst thing to clean up other than...

>motor oil
>we had to strip the floor to get it to not be slippery
>after a fuckhead burrowed a noticeable divot in the floor with the floor buffer

Once i dropped a bottle of port i had just bought so walked 30 ft to customer service and told them. They sent someone to clean it up and gave me another bottle. It's not a big deal if you don't have turbo autism

I made a mess as big as OP picture when I worked in a supermarket

Somebody stuffed a crate of coke in between shelves to the point where it dislodged the shelf above

I took the crate out, and the shelf came crashing down, along with about 20 bottles of wine and about 15 spirits

luckily the shop was closed.

we don't hate you user

those are technically miracles, you might qualify for sainthood.

Some companies like walmart require you to call an outside cleaning agency if a spill is above a certain size.

>olive oil
>high quality

What type of fucking moron designs a display shelf for glass whiskey bottles out of cardbord

If the person who makes a large spill asks to help, are they allowed to, or would it be better to let the worker handle it?

Better to let the worker handle it. I hate it when people spill drinks and then empty a whole container of napkins trying to sop it up.
At least apologize to them though, so they at know you're honestly contrite about it.

about average grade

>before they ask me to pay for it
Honestly, it's very unlikely they would. They just write it off as loss, it's not a big deal to them. If the stand was supplied by the manufacturer they'd probably even be able to outright get their money back.

idk about grocery stores but in aircraft maintenance there's this stuff called speedy dry.
dries the fuck out of your hands though

There are bottles of olive oil worth more than your car you uncultured swine

>Greenpeace is in shock after yet another oilspill is caused by staff who ignored safety mesures.

Extreme Luxury Autismâ„¢

I was picking up some groceries, mostly for a large hangover breakfast to keep the stragglers from last night's party from dying... I was still probably about 50% Vodka and at least 5% cocaine by weight at that point, with a solid amount of weed just to dull the headache enough to function.

I made it twenty feet from the checkout line with an overstuffed basket of eggs, milk, cream, pickled herring, and some other stuff, and I had a petit mal seizure... dropped the basket and turned into a meat statue for about fifteen seconds - long enough for it to be really awkward when I came back around.

I just apologized to nobody in particular and said I needed to see a doctor. Walked back home, ordered something in, and got checked out. Turns out my brain doesn't like cocaine.

>tfw go to work at price chopper everyday with all these boony backwoods massholes
>have to put up with their shit fucking driving amc scouts wearing flannel and fucking camo every day
>fucking heroin addicts trash
>every one of them pregnant at 15 or 16 or has preggo 15 or 16 gf
>literally crawl youre way out of white trash northeastern snowstorm trailer town
>"one day ill b the queen of culinary billionaire"
SLAY QUEEN is she truly, dare i say it, /ourgirl/?

You mean sold for, not worth.

>getting fresh-ground coffee from my grocery store
>get bag
>fit over dispenser
>pull lever
>fit not good enough, a handful of coffee beans go everywhere
>sheepishly kick them all into a little pile and resume filling my bag, then grinding the beans
>move on without telling anyone
>pretty decent coffee at $7/lb, store-brand but tastes bretty gud

this

one of the worst grocery stores

Fuck you and your shitty meme "anxiety".

t. grocery store employee

>no frills

I was at a local grocery store that keeps cooking wine right on the corner in a shitty metal rack. One of the workers there was talking by it and snagged on it; tried to spin to catch it but i think out of the bottles on the rack maybe 5 survive.

Their face.

I love you. I hate people who want to talk to me.

They're not supposed to let you since they can get sued if the customer slips and falls or gets cut on the broken glass.

That's the first thing to make me laugh on this site this month.

I'd have just went back, if the lady saw you I'd have just told her I was really just selling the joke of leaving 'lol'.

I once went shopping and dropped a crate of beer. Every bottle broke and the floor was full of beer. So I instinctivly ripped open a pack of paper towels I didn't payed yet and tried to clean it. The boss of the store went across and was rather pissed, I explained him my situation, he said nothing and just handed me a broom and a towel. Then, after it was clean he gave me a free crate of beer.

Get a better job cuck