How do I prevent myself from going so deep into reading philosophy/sociology/etc. that I lose touch with reality...

How do I prevent myself from going so deep into reading philosophy/sociology/etc. that I lose touch with reality? I'd really like to not turn into a crazy schizophrenic postmodernist radical Marxist hippie roaming the streets bare-naked screaming about freedom.

Other urls found in this thread:

salo-forum.com/index.php?threads/neopaganism-new-right-small-time-ball-less.3769/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Read the greeks.

avoid it altogether, to be honest. what is it that you don't know that you think will be answered by a philosopher?

Keep it real by reading right-wing authors. Start with Joseph de Maistre.

But what if they were right all along?

Go for a walk occasionally, and vary what you read. Always try and challenge yourself. Look for viewpoints you disagree with and educate yourself on both sides. Keeping an open mind is the most important thing.

Also this, of course, but reading the Greeks doesn't prevent from becoming a leftist loony. You need something modern and right-wing to act as a counterpoison.

the thing they don't tell u as a freshman is if you go far enough into marxist pomo bullshit you eventually come back around and become a calvinist

Reading Marx or the anarchists (and quoting them, using them) is commonplace among the right-wing intellectuals in Europe.

Not sure that the left-wing intellectuals spend much time with De Maistre, Burke or Maurras in return.

Maybe because they can just use the real data, rather than musings.

Nah, OP just has to think for himself, then he can read some shitty opinion and be able to determine whether he agrees with it or not.
Its really weird seeing posts like "I read X and now i'm an X-ist" it makes me think the anons on here really have no values of their own.

They weren't.

I wish I could have back all the time I spent reading postmodern philosophy and all the other Marxist bullshit as a younger man, and that I instead had all the current information that exists now on the jewish question. The latter is what ties the former all together and makes you realize what a crock of shit most of it is, which is why jews promote it. It's important to understand that groups are different, that jews think differently than Europeans, and that they promote to us ideas that range from stupid to harmful, which is the spectrum most postmodern and Marxist texts exist within.

>the real data
?

Thinking by yourself can arise from reading various opinions as a starting point.

>I wish I could have back all the time I spent reading postmodern philosophy and all the other Marxist bullshit as a younger man

ain't that the truth

>this /pol/ autist who memes the Jews in every thread

I know it's you (only one person) every time. Your style is easy to notice.

>?
Capitalism exists.

stop shilling this bullshit

If that were the case, then you'd also be able to remember me as the guy who continually reiterates to retards like yourself that I've never posted on pol.

well i don't think marxism nor post-modernism is a jewish conspiracy, i think guys like that have some points, let's not forget how the conquistadors spooked the indigenous americans out of their civilization, so don't think it can't happen, they wiped out their cultural traditions and replaced with catholicism, now western cultural traditions are being wiped out and replaced with post-modern melange of pc culture

You are a /pol/ autist anyway

I agree with you. I feel recent Muslim immigrants also recognize this to a large extent, perhaps unconsciously, and they operate to undermine Western ethos through PC rhetoric and slyly imposing their ways. It's not really a conspiracy anymore, and it is a big issue plaguing the West. The question is how do we solve it without resorting to bloodshed?

Post modernism -is- western culture. It's not like it came from space or something.

>i don't think marxism nor post-modernism is a jewish conspiracy
Highly nepotistic, tribal people "conspire" regardless of whether or not you understand the term or use it correctly.

yeah i think that's the counter to the "post-modernism is destroying the west" its like bro, you think it's disrupting the west? just ask some mother fuckers in india or morocco how they're culture is fairing? western culture is dominating the whole world, and as a westerner i'm ok with it, but it's fair to expect some of the other world cultures are going to bleed back into the west, like france and england colonize african and south asia and then get mad when people from those countries want to come to the center of the empire? sorry, but for better or worse the fat of britain and india are intertwined, and let's be real, how many waves of immigration impacted britain over the years? personally i'm not that worried about the movement of history

but...i do think the jews have used things like affirmative action to advance their group interests, to allow more jews into elite (ruling class) institutions at the expense of gentiles, the only problem is now asians are becoming part of the collateral damage and are going to fight back in way that the wasps were too cucked to do

crazy schizophrenic postmodernist radical Marxist hippie roaming the streets bare-naked screaming about freedom here.

No. I did not become this way because of philosophy.. I am fabulous. I was born this way. It was a seed of evil that was always planted in my head. One day it sprang forth and tormented me. I managed to get help at a Christian hospital and have been reading Plato and working out and taking medicine ever since. This keeps the demons at bay. I think what really did me in was psychedelics. That shit can cause insanity in high enough doses. Negative astral entities leeching on.

well the communist movement was definitely driven by jews since it dried up the moment israel was created and they had their own country instead of trying to foment revolution in other people's countries, also it's clear trotskyism was more about the jews mad that a gentile (stalin) had taken over "their" revolution

It is the -antithesis- of western culture. Its values and what it claims to represent are virtually if not completely the exact opposite of what western culture has for millennia represented and strived for. The reason is because postmodernism is the product of a culture jews have been in control of, and jews promote the inversion of what their host society views as normal.

Postmodernism functions to undermine all ethos, whether Western or whatever else. Deleuze's idea of there being no original sense and deterriolization are extremely Marxist; Derrida's deconstruction leads to delegitimizing the binaries that suture an ethos; Foucault reduces all morality, even those involved in keeping solidarity of an ethnic group, to a power play between institutions that manipulate public perception; Susan Sontag analyzed sadism as being a normal, integral part of the human experience whilst paradoxically preaching differently to fellow Israelis; Sartre's espouse ridiculous communist sympathies whilst paradoxically being a Zionist and ethnonationalist towards Jews; Badiou's batshit insane Maoism is destructive towards even the inkling of national pride.

And throughout all of this when one professes liking SOME of what Julius Evola says... well, you are a demon and Nazi! Get out of academia! Don't you dare touch that Nazi, cur!

There's no conspiracy here. All of postmodernism works to undermine and jeopardize the sense of belonging one feels in his or her tribe. It goes way too far.

but what are "post-modernists" doing now that socrates wasn't already doing 2500 years ago? he started the "culture of critique"

>The question is how do we solve it without resorting to bloodshed?
It may not be possible, but there nationalism is the future and there is hope that post-boomer whites can regain control of their societies and peaceably (or relatively peaceably) remove jews and the flotsam jews have let in since they obtained power.

>. All of postmodernism works to undermine and jeopardize the sense of belonging one feels in his or her tribe.

what if one feels more belonging amongst online autists and not the normies of any given tribe?

Communism was created by and for jews as a way to take out the European aristocracy. Stalin was actually very philosemitic, which is why he was initially supported by jews. It was only later that he purged them, but I agree with your line of thinking.

you're fine if a pretentious cun

Socrates was using an argumentation method to further the understanding of knowledge and truth; he wasn't using it to deconstruct the society he was a guest in for the purpose of destroying hierarchy and the natural order of a people he hated yet still chose to live among.

>Stalin was actually very philosemitic, which is why he was initially supported by jews.

stalin was also a case of affirmative action, he was promoted in the party because they wanted some people who weren't ethnic russians (and maybe the unspoken idea was they wanted somebody who wasn't a jew) but stalin was a networking genius, and a bit of a badass with balls of steel, so they definitely fucked up letting him in

Let me just say though: Postmodernism is not just damaging to Whites, but it is damage to all peoples who have nationalist tendencies, save for Jews because "omg Holocaust!!".

I do agree that postmodernism's hold will probably come to an end in the near future as more and more people become interested in reconnecting to the classic literature, myths, and values of their forebears. It's just a natural part of human existence to respect one's ancestors, given we use the metaphors they pass down in language and more.

But yes, Jews are very conniving in the sense they used postmodern rhetoric to make Whites feel guilty at any attempt of self-preservation or asserting their national identities. More and more non-self victimizing foreigners are also starting to feel bad for the Whites too. This excludes Muslims because they are very sly and discreet in imposing their ways, aka Sharia (e.g., just look at stats of what most Muslims in UK believe), and Jews utilize them as a tool to make Whites feel more ashamed for "Islamophobia".

This is Veeky Forums super wall.
█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█
██████████████████████████████████████████████
█████▀█░████████▀███▀░░▀█░███░░▀███▀░░░▀█▀░░▀█
████░██░███████░████░██░█░█████░███░█████░██░█
███░███░░░████░█████░░░▄█░████░████░██░░█░██░█
██░████░██░██░██████░████░███░█████░███░█░██░█
█▄█████░░░▄█▄███████░████░░░█▄░░███▄░░░▄█▄░░▄█
██████████████████████████████████████████████
Help put up a wall around Veeky Forums to keep /b/ out.

Have a kid. If you're not a total child yourself, and have the ability to love, you'll be given a permanent core of conservatism that can withstand any blast of desire for total freedom.

i think there is going to be more white and christian nationalism because we all see the muslims coming in and unashamedly believing their "grand narrative" and it's like "wait a minute, how come these guys get to believe in themselves without apologizing but we can't?"

Yeah, they just executed him for nothing at all.

The Greeks were subversive as fuck, especially Socrates. He basically went to all the leaders of the hierarchies and showed to their followers why they didn't know shit.

kek this happened to me, less the hyperbole
a clean cut conservative kid turned pretentious romantic edgelord. i think the best thing to do is drown yourself in liberal arts pussy and try not to think how you've let down your parents.

>what if one feels more belonging amongst online autists and not the normies of any given tribe?
I surmise it is inevitable one will feel more belong to his tribe if his parents raised him well within a community that largely held strong familial values. The foundation of all good societies lies in strong familial values, which are eroding in the modern Western world. Rather than work to solve this issue of increasing instability in nuclear families, postmodernists want to undermine their foundations more, perhaps even encouraging polyamory and more chaos leading to vulnerability and weakness in the nation. Interracial marriage also introduces tension in the sense that conflicting values do not promote social cohesion or harmony.

What I am saying is the West needs a modern Confucian or else it will get fucking rekt in due time, man.

I agree entirely, but will add that I think postmodernism is already over, and has been irrelevant for years despite its continued presence as dogma in academia. People have been trying to conjure up new things to replace it but nothing is sticking because nothing is taking in to account precisely what you mentioned: how whatever comes next will be based on identity and people reconnecting with the past and just the normal state of being Marxism and postmodernism has worked so hard to disconnect them from.

>modern Western Confucian
This is JP. (captcha: church St dinamo)

>What I am saying is the West needs a modern Confucian or else it will get fucking rekt in due time, man.

we already have our own tradition for that, just need to reconnect with the protestant work ethic, of course the more catholicized the country becomes the harder it will be to bring back the value in education and hard work

I think the issue does somewhat lie in Christianity though. Christianity is largely pacifistic. Read the Bible and one does not encounter nearly as much violence as the Koran, this is a fact. Sure, the Bible does indeed have some passages that can be construed as violent, but as a whole, it is very pacifistic. Christianity, in my view, is ill-disposed in handling the ills of multiculturalism, given its highly proselytizing nature in wanting to make brothers beyond borders of race (an impossibility).

What Europe needs is a kind of Confucian movement that can look at the totality of its ethos and history, and draw up a common framework of values needed for communal stability. Values such as familial stability, the European bodily form, and more need to be extolled in order to make the average citizen more thankful in his or her ancestors' sacrifices. Christianity, by itself, is not capable of that since European identity is not reducible to it, but a comprehensive Confucian approach can, indeed, help preserve European ethos without falling into the dogmatism typical of Abrahamic faiths.

>How do I prevent myself from going so deep into reading philosophy/sociology/etc. that I lose touch with reality?

By not fucking doing that.

>I'd really like to not turn into a crazy schizophrenic postmodernist radical Marxist hippie roaming the streets bare-naked screaming about freedom.

Fucking don't then.

well as an american if we just get back to puritanism, problem solved, but since america was colonized by puritans precisely because the decadents in europe drove them out, it might be harder for people on the old continent

What the fuck is going on in this thread? I wish the /r/donald poster who went from /pol/ -> Veeky Forums all in less than a month would fucking leave. You, the guy who never uses capitalization on any of his posts or uses the correct form of "there", fucking leave. You're literally everywhere.

>how whatever comes next will be based on identity and people reconnecting with the past and just the normal state of being Marxism and postmodernism has worked so hard to disconnect them from.
Right, the point is with identity, which I have thought about deeply. Postmodernism is anti-essentialist and anti-foundaitonalist, largely, whereas the Confucian must defend an essentialist, foundationalist view. I do agree that we are already seeing this happen with figures like Nick Land, and it will be interesting to see it move from there.

One can say it's largely in the postmodernist disregard of the value of identity that led to this predicament. Postmodernists have done everything from arguing identity is highly fluid, transparent, or foundationaless in order to repudiate all nationalist sensibilities, but the future will work in the opposite direction in which identity is shown as being integral to navigation, reflexivity, and the ground one needs to survive.

>implying there aren't many people who don't bother to use capitalization on this board
your analysis is incomplete. you need more information.

I couldn't agree more. Christianity, like communism and liberal multiculturalism, are universalist ideologies, and all are either semitic in origin or designed to benefit jews by allowing them to hide in the mix. We need something specific to us as Europeans that will allow us to shed these jewish universalist systems and ideologies once and for all. I really wonder what that could be though. I wish I knew, but this Confucian concept is an interesting approach. I like it.

It's pretty obvious when the same shitposter is repeating the same thing, everyday, on the same topics.

ha ha i triggered a kid! dude, i've never been to the_donald, the only time i go to the "other" site is to read "red pill women" and laugh at chicks who are made that they couldn't get chad to settle down and now they're pushing 30 and should they kill themselves, the redpill tears nourish me, but anyone who ignores the jews role as an influential interest group in america is willfully blind, i'm not even saying they're good or bad, but they're there

it's your fault for not signing the petition for /phi/ to be created.
besides, i'm more worried about the guy posting fuckin rupi kaur threads every five minutes.

judaism is the most non-universal system on earth dude, anyone who isn't in the tribe is expendable and exploitable

Shit, man. I'm right on your wavelength and think you have it nailed down. Where could I learn more about how Land represents this? I have largely disregarded him because of some of the kooky stuff and his lack of explicitness on the JQ.

Yeah, I have a few friends that are academic philosophers, and I do see a kind of trend towards this Confucian approach among them. Aladair MacIntyre's After Virtue is also popular among them.

Basically, we're going to see virtue ethics tied to communal stability of the natives become more popular in the future. Moral relativism and nihilism will fall out of vogue, along with postmodernism's constant deconstruction of establishing identity.

I am absolutely triggered. You need to be banned. And not because of your views, but because you're a fucking shitposter.

Guys, intellectually I'm all spooked out. I can't stand philosophy because of all the unfalsifiable garbage. Many fields like economics etc are just applied common sense and stamp collecting. I see novels as nothing but entertainment despite pretentious people claiming life / philosophical insights and tonnes of people will consider you a disgusting plebeian if you don't initially read shitloads of boring as fuck canon novels.

I think I am painfully adapting to the idea of the Internet age / information overload by abandoning any pretension that I can be an all rounder or even dilettante in everything. There are ten trillion books called "Introduction to [broad and important field]", even if you only have one of each field.

History is similar to novels. Shitloads of reading along with a shitload pretension thrown on top telling you that you truly cannot no nuthin unless you have an in depth understanding of the Greeks / Romans / Christianity / USA / WW1 / WW2 / financial systems / or shitloads of other topics I can't stand it. And then there's current events. I don't care about climate change, outer space, inequality, China, the EU, applied psychology, the education system, diversity, Russia, South America, refugees, nutrition, mental health, and more. Admitting just one of these would make me an iredeemable idiot, no doubt.

Has anyone else had similar thoughts? The spooks are powerful and must be removed but their removal leaves your mind in a promordial state that is more susceptible to spooks than before.

I go to the city centre and see people shopping and the streets are busy, which is comforting compared to when they're empty, but walking through then brings no epiphanies.

I am so past watching movies or tv shows, even ones that pander to "edgy" young males. I just about read books but only because society tells me I should, though I don't derive much enjoyment

And obviously I have an existential crisis but Veeky Forums is fucking pathetic in demanding that anyone who has one should immediately "grow up" and become a monotheist and wagecuck. I fucking hate wagecucking. Seeing attractive young people is humiliating. I tell myself every day that I'll soon work intensely on one thing but I can't bear to do this. If you're really good at one thing then there are people lining up to call you a tard for not watching opera or being able to run a marathon or whatever shit. So I do nothing.

Every "thinker" is at their core an utter fucking fraud. Nietzche is a Tony Robbins tier Rorschach test. Science and mathematics provide non trivial insights but only in ultra specialised ways that probably require autism to appreciate. I listen to In Our Time podcasts and Bret Easton Ellis podcasts and I think at heart everyone cares about nothing more than social drama.

I think we all need to man up and admit that money, youth, videogames, and good looks are as good as it gets. But not everyone gets.

That's a matter if what's good for me but not for thee. Jews also advocate for mass immigration into western countries and attack white people for being nationalistic, while promoting the opposite for Israel and defending it as a jewish ethnostate.

shitposts are a social construct, there's no difference between normalposts and shitposts friendo

>wanting more freedom than what's already been forced upon us

my nigga kierkegaard would like a word with you

that's what i mean, it's so blatantly hypocritical, how fucking cucked out of their mind do people have to be to not see that?

educate yourself cuckslave salo-forum.com/index.php?threads/neopaganism-new-right-small-time-ball-less.3769/

>salo-forum.com/index.php?threads/neopaganism-new-right-small-time-ball-less.3769/
>I realized how wrong, how corrupted christianity's moral teaching had become when I became aware that something so pure, so unambiguosly good as desiring my father-in-law's "accidental" death was a sin. It's impossible to improve society with the way christian morality is interpreted nowadays.

lol

Right-wing =/= supporting capitalism.

Just remember that ideas that don't contact reality in at least one significant manner are useless or worse.

>How do I prevent myself from going so deep that I lose touch with reality?
What is reality? How do you define it?

Reality doesn't exist, baka.
Western culture is disgusting and must burn on the pyre.
Society is disgusting and must burn

Your friends are idiots and so are you.

I have a child and I've only become more radical. This is what I want my daughter to grow in, not Ressentiment and passivity.

Shit man, how do you completely dismiss the protective value of the state when you have a daughter to protect from violent junkies and irresponsible morons?

>implying the state protects

It does in my country.

You're delusional.

You're sheltered. If you seriously were exposed to the dregs of our culture, you would be happy that we have established political threats and measures that prevent them from greater levels of assault and other crimes.

The state are the dregs. The state are the source of the so-called dregs. I'd sooner trust a bum than a cop, at least I can fight back against the bum without having myself kidnapped and locked in a cage for a few decades.

No, you're the sheltered one. You've been deluded by the state to presume that you need the state.
Don't call me an Anclap, they're even worse. Instead of institutionalized thugs, they adore rich thugs

I hate to say it but you're looking at society and reality at a very materialistic viewpoint. I understand it's like saying "lmao bro just, like, think differently" but you need to just fucking relax man.

No ones pressuring you to do anything (at least on Veeky Forums unless you're a complete sheep) and at the end of the day what you take away from life, news or even a book is just your interpretation and your viewpoint influenced by your context and ideals.

You seem like an intelligent person so this shouldn't be anything new too you but I think you should just try to give a little less of a fuck. You care about all these things that literally don't matter in the grand scheme of your existence and all you accomplish by constantly fretting over them is self perpetuating your own existential and unhealthy thoughts.

Chill man, we're not here for a reason, we're not here to achieve a goal. Forgive me for being a cheesy faggot but all we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

its copypasta

Fucking hell I'm retarded, thanks user for helping the new guy

>This entire thread is just people wasting their time arguing about the imaginary capital-J Jew.

Life is about group conflict and will continue to be long after your utopian ideals have worn off, and jews belong to the group that is attacking whites and must be dealt with through removal.

That is not an argument.

>How do I prevent myself from going so deep into reading philosophy/sociology/etc. that I lose touch with reality?
First you need to stop being an arrogant, pretentious cunt.
>I'ma le go crazy from enlightenment!
No you won't.

>Wahh i want a safespace!! I don't like when people disagree with me!

>I'd really like to not turn into a crazy schizophrenic postmodernist radical Marxist hippie roaming the streets bare-naked screaming about freedom.
>Read the Greeks

No, it's a value judgement. Are you autistic or something?

>>I'ma le go crazy from enlightenment!
>No you won't.

i think by "go crazy" he just means stop being a mainstream republican assclown, don't forget there are people from flyover states on the internet

our reality is inherently subjective

You sound very, very stupid so it probably is best that you just stop reading right away.

And hospitals? Welfare? What country do you live in where you honestly think it does more harm than good?

Just stay away from the french.

See? You've been deluded into thinking you need the state. I won't let my daughter be a slave.

Not an argument. So you would do away with state funded hospitals then?

Actually succeeding in influencing the high culture of their time to move away from valuing aesthetics and instead see the main point of art to be its social value.

>instead see the main point of art to be its social value.

every great piece of pre-modern art is some kind of religious or mythological bullshit, it was ALWAYS about social value ya fuckin faggot

You do realize there is more to communication and rhetoric than arguments, right?

read nietzsche's critique of socrates in birth of tragedy, that is precisely what he accuses socrates of doing, he says tragedy died after socrates

Just switch to analytic philosophy, linguistics, amd math.