And
My
Heart still
Pumps blood
He said nothing
I asked "where do the blue go to."
The road to the sky
Was the reply

Its nice, but it wont get better if you worry about talent.

Refine your art, grow for my entertainment pls.

True i don't write for anybody but myself but I'm too in my head, not sure if I should share

No but it's better than Rupi Kaur so you could probably get published

Get out of your head, live a life and let your art follow.

I suspected as much

Well Rupi isn't exactly getting published on the merit of her writing...

I really liked lines 12-16

If I liked the whole poem as much as I liked those lines then I'd really love it.

That being said, I liked it

Here's some more

I remember looking through the glass
The French architecture stood out
Or was it the agent orange purging the streets
I don't remember
I saw my face in the reflection
I never thought I was much of anything
I could see two ears, two eyes, a nose, and a mouth
But I never really felt human
The clouds rolled in with a rainstorm
And for a brief moment
That imperfect face
Was the most perfect thing I saw

This makes me want to kms, do you have a place where you post?

I really need to follow your work.

Thank you

Milk and Honey was released in 2014??? I thought it had been around for much longer than that. I could've sworn.

This is the first time I have posted out of my personal journals

This is like finding a flower that you refuse to pick, but regret not capturing its beauty.

at least give me a name

Some more terrible thoughts

Sometimes when you walk you can;
(Hear the steps)
Sometimes when you run the muscles
(In your leg) cry between breaths
Sometimes when you write
(The words) fall short of the stride
The pelican tends to stay
(Near the ocean)
You wish their call
(Will resonate with yours)
Alas,
(Nature wins out)
And the blood pulses
(Through the damaged organs)
You have left
(But it sounds of a beautiful melody)
You look at the words;

Hear the steps
In your leg
The words
Near the ocean
Will resonate with yours
Nature wins out
Through the damages organs
But it sounds of a beautiful melody

J. Richardson

Why does every literary-poser have to butcher free verse like this? Can't you just stick to easier forms instead of embarrassing yourselves like this? No, you don't have talent.

Thank you, gonna go twiddle my diddle now.

To be honest, this is how it came out, didn't know I butchered anything because the lamb ran away

He is just a stickler for strict verse, consider then ignore him.

>screw the haters!
nope. I just recognize that free verse is in fact the most difficult verse form, and I dislike how people these days immediately use it without knowing anything about its sublety and difficulty, thinking that it is the most natural and easiest form when it is in fact very much not, and requires training in previous forms to truly understand.

That's just how it flowed out of me, why would I change my inner voice to fit into conventions? I want to have a unique voice, one that is my own

>Me! Me! Poetry is all about me! Art is about ME!!
just yikes, my lad. this is the attitude that is killing poetry.

I also I had no idea who Rupi Kaur was before I posted my writing

Bitch did i tell him to screw the haters?

i despise words being shoved down my throat cunt.

I said consider then ignore, nothing arbitrarily dismissive about it. You wanna critic, then critic. What you did wasnt critic it was being an ass, and seeing as how strong words stem from strong opinions, the best course of action for dealing with cunts like you is to consider your input then tell you to shove a big veiny black dick down your throat CUZ THATS HOW IT FUCKIN FELT YOU FECKIN DEGENERATE.

Face value is how i wish to be taken.

Listen i just said it but ill say it again, all you are being is an ass atm. You wanna help the kid grow or send him into the dirt with the rest of the hack poets. Get a grip on your attitude cunt.

I'm not saying it's about me, I just want to tell those stories that are not about me in my own voice. Because you and I are unique, it's all we have

No, your "unique voice" is not what you should work on. Do NOT focus on "just being yourself," especially when you are a novice like yourself. Focus on sharpening your poetic sense, your understanding of stress, of rhythm, of the different shades of words and syntactical combinations. Your unique voice will emerge naturally. Imitate the techniques of the best, and you will still maintain a sense of your own voice.

you're a stupid faggot. Poetry is dying because of pussies like you

This stuff is good, m8. I loved lines 1-15 in the first poem. Are you an islamic woman or a transgender? It would really help your publishing

Fair, but I'm trying to be the Van Gogh in your Leonardo da Vinci

Complete and utter ass. You would be respected to no end if not for your inability to not be an abrasive twat. Liberal use of greentext aside, your ability to communicate effectively is essentially null. Luckily you already know whats what about poetry so alls left for you to be a decent human being is to take the time to learn what a fucking clue is and how to get it.

I'm not, white male

More terribly more

Time, it passes with vector motion, but how can it really be defined. After time passes, where does it go? Is it destroyed? Does it leak into another reality? Is it still tangible? Are we actually living every moment of our life and death simultaneously, our brains too elementary to realize the difference? Have I lived this life hundreds of thousands of times before? Have I met each and everyone of you for the first time for eons? Who knows, and maybe I don't care to know. Existence is strange, or at least I think it's strange, but I suppose I'm a strange person.

More

Some people see the fire that burns beneath their ribs
Others know it's not there and lie
While few see it burning so bright they are afraid it will turn them wild
Just as the blue flame rises above the ash
Their bones turn to sunset

ok thanks for the advice, pussy

This dude has talent

if i tell you it's good will you stop being insecure?

it is

I post poetry on instagram and have over 20k followers and I can tell you now.. this is better then most of the shit ive written lately. Poetry is so fucking dead now days. I hate 99% of it. Its all 2 line garbage about love. You genuinely have a talent. Don't ever stop writing.

>but I'm trying to be the Van Gogh

Then look at Van Gogh's early paintings (and who Rembrandt and Millet were) and realize your insistence on sticking with this formless, artless dreck because I JUZ DUN WANNA SPOIL MUH VOICE MAAAAHN is fucking idiotic.

I didn't think XRA would be as good as Rick and Morty, couple of episodes in and its pretty great, still like Rick and Morty, that show is a laugh, but you guys have a point.