Dude all characters in myths are like... psychological states man and like it's all about conquering chaos bro

>Dude all characters in myths are like... psychological states man and like it's all about conquering chaos bro

lmfao

>dude leftists are like pathological, don't even listen to them
>also they suck because they always play the identity card, and they are not willing to listen to other people's opinions!

Classic Jordan "The scam is on" Peterson

He's teaching idiots a lot of helpful stuff. Get off your high horse

>Whenever people write something everything they write is literally the exact meaning of what it says XD XD!
>Le curtains were fucking blue.
>Le subconscious mind doesn't exist and it plays no role in what the author writes.
>Nothing about the author, the characters, psychological states, subconscious can be discerned from the text and even minor sentences.

How to stop a brainlet: the post.

>le metaphors mean whatever -I- want them to mean

>tfw the bar is set this low on Veeky Forums

>>Whenever people write something everything they write is literally the exact meaning of what it says XD XD!
>>we have direct access to the mind of the author
brainlet running wild over here

He's not just making this shit up, people have been writing about it for a long time, sorry that Veeky Forums has only heard about interpreting myth this way now. Besides, would you rather have Peterson's interpretation of myth, or the shitty "here are some fun stories!" version you were half-heartedly force-fed in 6th grade history? Or, you know, the other alternative: nothing.

Where's your standard set, einstein?

postmodernist cultural neomarxist beta cucc leftist detected
why not sort yourself out bucko instead of going back to your buzzword-ridden echochamber clean your room kid

>there are only three interpretations
This is what redditors actually believe.

Gnostics are disgusting

>posts on Veeky Forums
>says shit like "postmodernist cultural neomarxist beta cucc leftist detected"
>hates buzzwords and echo chambers
Buddy.

>dude i just reduced a complex book to one line of greentext because my mind only operates in meme potential

whoa...

Nice try, Peterson refuses to name the Jew so he'll aways be a Nu-male cuck like the rest of the reddit pantheon

>Peterson's interpretation is right or you can't have any interpretations

Literally cult tier

sometimes positivism is just sooo enticing

I think that was probably the joke senpai

Yeah but who has actually read it though?

Certainly not academics.

This guy

>not noticing that the user was referencing Peterson's vocabulary

wew lad

how does one sort oneself out though?

So basically this with added self-help?

by donating five buckaroos to the patreon every month bucko
that's something called "an obligation", a small one, from which you can build bigger and bigger obligations

It's a whole composite of Campbell, Jung, Nietzsche, Eliade, Kierkegaard, Heideggaer and Piaget + more that I can't call to mind.
It's not self-helpy at all. It's dense and moves in a circular manner around a topic over and over to drill the point progressing slowly forward.

He takes the ideas from those authors (giving credit) and strings it together into his reading of them in relation to each other. Primarily insofar as mythology, phenomenology and psychology is concerned.

If you say 60$ you can hang out for 1 hour with the cult-master and some of his acolytes!

AHAHAHA FUCK ME
god damn I want a video of these spergs with their lord and master
maybe he starts crying again

>tfw there are probably "regulars" who costantly donate to JP to join these video chats as often as possible
>tfw they probably regard it as education too

You guys are smart enough to point out some of his flaws, but not nearly as educated as him lol

There's not even really pointing out his flaws, just sniping people for donating to him.
Unless if you consider accepting donations as a flaw for some bizarre reason.
Sounds a whole hell of a lot like
>RESENTMENT
>E
>S
>E
>N
>T
>M
>E
>N
>T

Is Maps of Meaning worth a read as an intro to those writers? Or would it be better to read their work first, and then Peterson's interpretation afterwards?

>his ideas may be stale, unoriginal and shallow, but at least he is educated
>also Peterson should not interact with educated people, and if you suggest that his lack of sources, qualifications and debates is troubling, you are just a mad last man who has not coeaned his room

No, it's not an anthology nor a history of philosophy

really nice suit.

there are two peterson threads on the front page

Read "one-time"
Unless of course theyre making new accounts to bypass this dilemma.

ITT:
>you don't like my cult leader? LOL ur just resentful

I thought it was interesting to read but it's not detached enough from Peterson's perspective to be a synoptic outline of others' ideas. People's issue with Peterson here is his audience and that he's not intellectually pure enough for them so cue some screeching.

I assume you are a reasonable person who can judge something on it's own merit without being magically brainwashed like some might expect you are somehow at threat of.
He gives MoM out for free on his website if you just google the PDF. Have a look and if you don't like it toss it.