Alice in Wonderland Thread! :)

How did one man, Lewis Carroll, singlehandedly birth an entire subgenre? The "innocent girl entering a fantasy world" subgenre, which went on to inspire countless of other works like the Wizard of Oz, or Spirited Away for a more recent example.

The imagery/aesthetic of his world (teacups, clocks, white rabbits, etc) looms heavily over storytelling/art even today, and resonates with people just as strongly 150 years after its release.

Do you guys like the world Carroll created? Please leave any personal thoughts on AiW/Carroll in this thread - it isn't discussed enough on this board.

Other urls found in this thread:

maa.org/external_archive/devlin/devlin_03_10.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The books were good. It's funny that he was partly inspired by the mathematics of his day. Cute girls is a good foundation to build on.

I think cute girls was already a thing in photography then
Also he spent plenty of time with cute girls so he had to make up entertaining thoughts for them and if he wasn't already imaginative they would have rubbed off on him till he was

The book was written as an attack against the mathematics of his day.
maa.org/external_archive/devlin/devlin_03_10.html

cute girls doing cute things make everything better.
That is a fact

By being an aspie, a pedophile, and a STEM fag.

The name of the book is not Alice In Wonderland. That's the shitty American re-written version.

The British version was taken by Disney, re-written and simplified for Americans.

UK: Alice Adventures In Wonderland
US: Alice in Wonderland

Why can't nips write good isekai?

Cute girls.

>Cute girls is a good foundation to build on.
What did Lewis Carroll mean by this? This shit looks like the 19th century version of child """"modeling"""". Was he a lolifag?

lewd as fuck

My 5 yo daughter has me reading her Alice and Looking Glass over and over one chapter each night. It's a nice experience. He seems like he was a fun guy. And as another user posted, very involved in the quantum mathematical conundrums of his day and inspired by philosophical and linguistic weirdness both. I like him.

>that face
She knows exactly what she's doing.

Go download Tor and go look at some "soft core" CP. This shit looks exactly the same. If this picture was taken today it would be ban worthy even on Veeky Forums.

>Go download Tor and go look at some "soft core" CP.
I will not, you mad man.

We're all mad here.

What I am saying is: The only thing that separates this picture and CP is the date it was taken. Are we even bigger moralists than the Victorians ever hoped to be?

I think we are but only regarding children. Given our general degeneracy it's like all the moral indignation gets channelled into hating pedos since they're the only people we're still allowed to hate.

Huh, that makes a lot of sense, actually.

As it should be. The more we allow ourselves to become degenerate, the more there is a psychological backswing to protect the children from all this fucking shit. Deep down we know it would be bad for them

I wouldn't say it's as it should be because we allow a lot of harmful things other than direct paedophilia that also harm children and society at large.

The children aren't protected, you just can't fuck them. But they're being fucked by their phones.

Maybe that's why we hate furries so much, too. All things considered, they aren't blood fetishists, they aren't rapists, they aren't child-grooming gangs operating in Mosques across your own fucking country and especially your capital, they're just a convenient Other for us to hate.

You're right.